** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Australian A League Round 10 Washup & Stats

Re: Australian A League Round 10 Washup & Stats Theres also another strong rumour getting around that New Zealand Knights could be on borrowed time in the A-League. If they are booted from the league there are two clubs - Wollongong & North Queensland who are ready to take their place imediately. Also From 2008 onwards the A-League will have 10 teams in it with the adition of the two above, or another if NEw Zealand arent around. Next few years will be very interesting :ok

Re: Australian A League Round 10 Washup & Stats

Well let us know closer to the trip Jeffers and perhaps Ads and myself can show you around Melbourne a bit and take you to a Melbourne game. If you can provide some dates that you will be here then i can work out who is playing who and where. Hopefully there will be a game on in town while you are here. Cheers
Sounds good mate :D Arrive in Melbourne 22nd Dec, there for the MCG test then don't fly out to NZ until 21st May 07 - not totally organised as to the bits inbetween but will be in Melbourne for a while :ok

Re: Australian A League Round 10 Washup & Stats Well I am only about an hour from the MCG where the Boxing Day Test is being played. From what I can gather it is close to a sell out and there is going to be around 100,000 people in the cauldron of the MCG and you are going to love it. The MCG is a stadium like no other and it has been comepletely rebuilt in certain parts of the ground and it is a magnificent palce for cricket.

Round

Day

Date

Time

Sunday

31-Dec

CC Mariners

V

Melbourne

6.00 PM

Sunday

7-Jan

Perth Glory

V

Melbourne

6.00 PM

Friday

12-Jan

Melbourne

V

Queensland

8.00 PM

Friday

19-Jan

Newcastle Jets

V

Melbourne

8.00 PM

This is the Victory’s last 4 games Jeffers and only one at home while you are here, but that games is against Queensland and at Telstra dome which has a capacity of around 50,000 people. Should be around 30,000 or so there, and that is the game you would want to go to while you are here.

You are a game man coming over here for the ashes!!! The good thing is that me and Ads can buy you a drink to commiserate the returning of the Ashes to Australia. That's the least we can do :rollin

Re: Australian A League Round 10 Washup & Stats Cool :D That home game looks like a goer...I'll get your number before I set off and give you a bell when I'm in Melbourne. I'll buy you a beer to drown yer sorrows after Freddie has smashed you lot all over the shop :clap

Cool :D That home game looks like a goer...I'll get your number before I set off and give you a bell when I'm in Melbourne. I'll buy you a beer to drown yer sorrows after Freddie has smashed you lot all over the shop :clap
Sounds like you have been drinking now if you think you can retain the Ashes. :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Now, now ;) What's the average age of your team again? 44.58? :loon
"OUCH" No idea really as I havn't been following the cricket that much. I do know that England winning the Ashes was great for cricket as it showed the Aussies they could be beaten. Tell you this though, ever since they lost the ashes they have vowed to get them back, and a lot of planning has gone into it.

Now, now ;) What's the average age of your team again? 44.58? :loon
Not another POM bragging about the Cricket:cry On the Bright side in the Australia sun he'll end up blistered ,red like a lobster & his skin will peel off:rollin hope he enjoys his stay:beer

I tan very well actually iceman :ok Why not brag about cricket? I believe we hold the unoffial world cup of test cricket right now :clap
good luck personally I don't care who wins:unsure I just don't want to hear Australia Bragging about them being the bestin the world. If England do win they will go on another drinking binge for 3 months:lol