** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

WFTE's Sure Things

Im going back to a way I used to bet, with a medium of success. Rather than picking horses I think have a good chance of winning, Im going to restrict myself to just horses that I really find it hard to see being beaten. There may not be selections everyday as they will be strong selections(imo). Bets will be 10pt singles and ,on days of multiple selections, a 5pt multiple.

Re: WFTE's Sure Things

Tues 24th Oct 2.00 Yar - Cabinet - NR 2.45 Che - Pirate Flagship - UP 10pt singles 5pt double
Not the best of starts. Just to clear a few things up concerning results. results will e done as if struck with bookie when posted so if a multiple becomes a single(like today) the stake will still count. Wins for singles will be in an a-b-c format with a=wins,b=losses and c=non runners. Strikerate will be percentage of winners from actual runners. Records Singles Bets:2 Record:0-1-1 Strikerate:0% Profit:-10pts Yield:-50% Multis Bets:1 Wins:0 Strikerate:0% Profit:-5pts Yield:-100% Overall Profit:-15pts Yield:-60%

Weds 25th Oct 2.10 Che - Paulo Dancer - 1st 8/15 10pts single
Profit: 5.33pts Hurrah! The first winner. A short price but thats ok. The focus for this thread is to keep a high strikerate. Records Singles Bets:3 Record:1-1-1 Strikerate:50% Profit:-4.67pts Yield:-15.57% Multis Bets:1 Wins:0 Strikerate:0% Profit:-5pts Yield:-100% Overall Profit:-9.67pts Yield:-27.63%

Thurs 26th Oct 2.30 Stratford - Dont Push It 1st 8/11 2.50 Lingfield - Cabinet 1st 8/13 5.10 Taunton - Pilca 2nd EVS 10pt singles 5pt treble
Cabinet wins after being a selection but not running on Tuesday. Pilca beaten by a neck. The difference between a small loss and a comfortable profit. Singles: 33.42pts return Multi: 0pts return Records Singles Bets:6 Record:3-1-2 Strikerate:60% Profit:-1.25pts Yield:-2.08% Multis Bets:2 Wins:0 Strikerate:0% Profit:-10pts Yield:-100% Overall Profit:-11.25pts Yield:-16.07%

Re: WFTE's Sure Things There was a few others that came really close but I decided if I want to keep this as tight as Id like I couldnt include them. Just for the record: 2.05 New - Empire Day 2.45 Asc - Moon Over Miami 3.20 Asc - Piran Sat 28th Oct 2.50 Wetherby - My Way De Solzen 3.25 Naas - Leading Run 10pt singles 5pt double

Sat 28th Oct 2.50 Wetherby - My Way De Solzen - 2nd 3.25 Naas - Leading Run - 2nd 10pt singles 5pt double
Both second and the left out Empire Day wins @ 4/1. Records Singles Bets:9 Record:3-1-5 Strikerate:37.50% Profit:-31.25pts Yield:-34.72% Multis Bets:3 Wins:0 Strikerate:0% Profit:-15pts Yield:-100% Overall Profit:-46.25pts Yield:-44.05%

Rather than picking horses I think have a good chance of winning' date=' Im going to restrict myself to just horses that I really find it hard to see being beaten.[/quote']Excuse the comment, not meant as criticisim, but these are horses which tipsters also can't see being beaten. As a result, their markets become distorted, their prices are much too short, and in the long run you end up with a high strike-rate at dreadful prices and just make consistent losses. It's been well shown by Pinhofap here (before his thread got hijacked) and by other experts elsewhere that the true value in selections like these lies in laying them, I think?

There are many strongly fancied horses at short odds Ive left alone.
I appreciate this, of course, but I would suggest to you that in the long run it's not going to be relevant to my point. If, as this afternoon, you continue to back heavily touted horses at 4/9 and I continue to lay them, in the long run which of us will show a profit? Maybe we must simply agree to differ on the point. I apologise for disturbing you, I intended no disrespect and was trying to be helpful. Good luck with your thread, though I suspect that I will hardly be alone in laying them.