Betfair moving from Crypto in October 2006

GaF

Changes at Betfair Poker Betfair Poker revamp Online poker operator announces platform move and relaunch scheduled for the end of October
By Chris Marais October 2006
The question being asked in the boardrooms of many poker operators right now must be: "Where do we go from here?" for US facing sites the Armageddon scenario looms, but for others, the answer is: "Onwards and upwards". With the European online poker market now being carved up as the biggest source of income for operators, and companies looking to develop new territories, quality of service and user experience is more important than ever. With that in mind, one of the big British based companies, Betfair, is moving platforms from the sometime-maligned Cryptologic to PokerChamps. The migration of customers will combine the player base of Betfair Poker with PokerChamps on a new and improved version of the downloadable software. PokerChamps and Betfair Poker will remain separate brands. Spangly new features will include: a choice of educational video content, personalised view for multi-tabling, remember folded cards, personal player information, player profile, player search and map, and VIP club. Not forgetting the established Betfair Poker features such as a safe, secure and fast payment system, 24/7 customer service, the forum and the Leaderboards remain. "Having our own poker software puts us in command of our own destiny. It means we can react quickly to customer feedback and continue to develop an innovative, community-focused product. We are confident that we are laying the foundations of a market leading poker room,” said Head of Poker Ben Fried. Betfair Poker will be re-launching on a new platform by the end of October.
total_gambler_2396_5.jpg

Re: Betfair moving from Crypto in October 2006 We'll be kicking off the third PokerPlayer Betfair Grand Prix on the new software. Tournament structure should be better as we've got more control and there should be some very decent prizes up for grabs Sorry for the shameless plug but we should be getting a PL'er winning this time. There were some good attempts over the last couple but the top spot still remains elusive. Rick Dacey News editor PokerPlayer magazine www.pokerplayermagazine.co.uk

Re: Betfair moving from Crypto in October 2006

We'll be kicking off the third PokerPlayer Betfair Grand Prix on the new software. Tournament structure should be better as we've got more control and there should be some very decent prizes up for grabs Sorry for the shameless plug but we should be getting a PL'er winning this time. There were some good attempts over the last couple but the top spot still remains elusive.
Sure we'll all be there trying hard, sure it will be a PL'r that will win this time,some people on here are just getting better and better, don't include myself in this though :cry

Re: Betfair moving from Crypto in October 2006

We'll be kicking off the third PokerPlayer Betfair Grand Prix on the new software. Tournament structure should be better as we've got more control and there should be some very decent prizes up for grabs Sorry for the shameless plug but we should be getting a PL'er winning this time. There were some good attempts over the last couple but the top spot still remains elusive. Rick Dacey News editor PokerPlayer magazine www.pokerplayermagazine.co.uk
Sounds good. And since I'm a newbie PL'er, I have a team to fight for this time around, instead of being on my todd last time :sad And it could be a good move from Betfair. Plus, they seem to be doing some form of cashback scheme for loyalty. I'll start playing on there once the move takes place, but it'll take a lot of convincing to make me devote most of my time there. That being said, while it seems Betfair have a lot if poker savvy players, you're still going to get a majority of the traffic from people donking off their profit from the horses, so that can't be a bad thing. And if Betfair can get some H.O.R.S.E games going on something different to most sites, that would be grand. It seems like the software is open to a lot of expansion so it could see them taking the next step in terms of gaining a bigger market share.

Re: Betfair moving from Crypto in October 2006 I echo H-Bombs sentiments, I have withdrawn my cash from probably the least user friendly network (Prima) - and am waiting to see if betfair delivers what the promo's promise. Another influencing factor from personal view is the 'handling fee' charged on the low buy in STT, which on Cryptologic site are an extortionate 20%. Don't they realize that everyone needs to start somewhere, and if they can hook 'new blood' in their developing months (i.e by charging standard 10% on low limit STT) - then it will be these players that will progress through the limits on their software