Sitting Out on Final Table

2damnhype

Re: Sitting Out on Final Table

Have just made the final table of the $50 Free Roll on Virgin Poker, and there are two players sat out. Can anyone explain to me the merits of doing this - surely you battle through these crapshoots so you can play at the end? I mean its not as if the prize money is worth a great deal.
:clap Just what I was thinking as I went out 10th.. Was looking forward to a bit of final table play :sad

Re: Sitting Out on Final Table What time of day/night was it? Sometimes, especailly I suspect in low value freerolls, you fall asleep or succumb to the effects of alcohol or the wife/mum send you to bed :lol . If its day time/early evening the game can go on longer than expected and because the amounts involved aren't huge you have to get to the shops before they close. As a tactical move I suspect its generally a bad one. Some sites do allow you to be sitting out and then when you get a good hand you can quickly hit the "I am back" button and reappear wth an all-in.

Re: Sitting Out on Final Table Its only the 2nd or 3rd time i have played this freeroll. It starts at 8.30pm, gets about 230 entrants, a lot of whom sit out all the way through. The final table started after 11.30pm - so it was a long night. I wasn't really thinking about the Boss Media 'only one at a time' issue. It was more a 'is this a strategy that anyone had come across' question. In terms of $ per hour its a real waste of time, but in terms of experience etc i think they are worth playing.

Re: Sitting Out on Final Table I was at final table once and a guy went all in 3 hands running with rags and won each time. He then sat out untill blinded away but managed second place. Was by far my most enjoyable heads up ever!! At a guess I would say he had work to go to.

Re: Sitting Out on Final Table i like to play the freerolls to keep my eye in i sat out lastnight with 20 players still in and had quite a good chipstakes if u go all in you tend to keep winning ( how does that work )with what ever 2 cards you play and that just gets up people noses what normal happens is that u get down to the last 4 or 5 players at about 1 in the morning and everyone is so tired they all go all in anyway as its only a freeroll i find the best part of the game is in the middle as all the allin players trying to double up at the beginning have been knocked out;)