Players that are too bad to beat?

GaF

One of the things that comes up again and again on PL is people saying that players are so bad, they'll call anything and so they can't be beat cos they out draw you .... etc .... etc..... Always struggled to get my head around it - have just read the first 5 pages of "Small Stakes Hold'em: Winning big with expert play" by Ed Miller, David Sklansky and Mason Malmuth and think they explain why this isnt the case quite well, so for the benfit of everyone worried that they can't beat players because they're "too bad", thought I'd share it ;) smallstakes01by0.jpgsmallstakes02mf8.jpgsmallstakes03ey6.jpg

Re: Players that are too bad to beat? I don't really want to argue with any of that as such, and it's absolutely true in NL games. But, I have a suspicion micro-stakes FL games actually are very hard to beat. But for reasons other than the ones normally given - ie it is definitely not because your opponents make bad calls and suck out on your turning it into a crapshoot.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.