Does anyone on here make long term profit

Re: Does anyone on here make long term profit Curiously they talk about real forums in the Betfair forum. Get this, taken from the Betfair forum, needless to say the thread doesn't have a single reply...

Sambino02 Sep 00:35
spacer.gifJust been to a web-site whereby a lady called Maria started with a bank of £3000 and through laying horses daily achieved in a bank of over £100,000 in a year through some cracking selections and a very shrewd staking plan. Great read. Unfortunately my timing is cr*p and she has now decided to stop as she is doing it full-time. Anyone know of any "decent", lay tipsters that I could maybe use incorporating this staking plan?
The forum maria uses regularly is EBA and it has people with brains just like PL and very good ideas, but I suppose word does get out that there are actually people with sound ideas out there, so we'll probably hear about transactions more often than we wish. Cheers all

Re: Does anyone on here make long term profit Oooh I've never looked at the Betfair forum (and not sure I want to really, to be honest!) ... :eek I think that guy was probably one of the ones who's been sending me private messages trying to "buy the system"! (because I've only explained 183 times why it won't be for sale!) ... ;) Good luck with yours today, Pinhofap ... :dude

Re: Does anyone on here make long term profit My views on tipsters are not secret at all ... but apart from that, I'm very sorry and embarrassed to say that I just don't answer questions about my selection criteria at all, ever. Please excuse me, Janus: I intend no impoliteness or disrespect, but I decided when I finally started posting them a year ago that it was "the only way" otherwise it would be impossible to know which questions to answer and which not; so I just don't, at all - sorry! ... :$ :$ :$

Re: Does anyone on here make long term profit

My views on tipsters are not secret at all ... but apart from that' date=' I'm very sorry and embarrassed to say that I just don't answer questions about my selection criteria at all, ever. Please excuse me, Janus: I intend no impoliteness or disrespect, but I decided when I finally started posting them a year ago that it was "the only way" otherwise it would be impossible to know which questions to answer and which not; so I just don't, at all - sorry! ... :$ :$ :$[/quote'] I must agree with Maria in what she is saying and the main reason for this is the hours of work she and quite a few others on hear put into their threads. If you follow someone who does well over a long period of time and are placing their selection on hear for everybody to see and showing good profits why should they give every detail of the way they find them unless they wish to do so. On some occations the selection method may be that simple it does not matter if you tell everybody how you did it. You only after look at some of the threads to see the amount of work he or she as put into it. Another reason except for a few other members I correspond with I dont no whos viewing my threads and you only have to look on e-bay to see someone selling the best system since slice bread. If I can help anybody who uses stats or trends or rating figures I would help the best I could by pointing them in the right direction so they may find something of their own. % man

Re: Does anyone on here make long term profit Maria - i would never ask a lady if she were a pro - not even in jest. But must admit i am curious - did you really win a shedload? Not wanting to know anything other than yes, no or maybe - but i'll need to find some pompom waving smilies if you have. Happy punting :ok

Maria - i would never ask a lady if she were a pro - not even in jest.
Sorry, I don't understand. Yet another cultural reference the blonde foreigner has missed, perhaps ... :( I am a mathematician and statistician and have been betting for 4 years and making a living only for the last year; I don't know if that makes the answer "yes" or "no", you may decide for yourself ... :)
But must admit i am curious - did you really win a shedload?
Do you imagine that perhaps I've been lying consistently in the forum where I'm "global moderator" for a whole year and somehow falsifying my results for all that time, but that now in response to one casual question elsewhere from someone I don't know at all I'm suddenly going to say "No, actually I made the whole thing up, I have never actually bothered to lay any of the 4000+ horses I proofed there at all?" ... :\
i'll need to find some pompom waving smilies if you have.
You're a bit late, George, and asking in a rather inappropriate place, too, don't you think? ... :eyes

Well excussssssssssssse you. :loon
Granted ... :lol But seriously, do you imagine that perhaps I've been lying consistently in the forum where I'm "global moderator" for a whole year and somehow falsifying my results for all that time, but that now in response to one casual question elsewhere from someone I don't know at all I'm suddenly going to say "No, actually I made the whole thing up, I have never actually bothered to lay any of the 4000+ horses I proofed there at all?" Because if not, why ask the question? Or is it for some reason not apparent that it's actually pretty rude? ... :tongue2

Granted ... :lol But seriously, do you imagine that perhaps I've been lying consistently in the forum where I'm "global moderator" for a whole year and somehow falsifying my results for all that time, but that now in response to one casual question elsewhere from someone I don't know at all I'm suddenly going to say "No, actually I made the whole thing up, I have never actually bothered to lay any of the 4000+ horses I proofed there at all?" Because if not, why ask the question? Or is it for some reason not apparent that it's actually pretty rude? ... :tongue2
:clap :clap well said :clap :clap

Do you imagine that perhaps I've been lying consistently in the forum where I'm "global moderator" for a whole year and somehow falsifying my results for all that time, but that now in response to one casual question elsewhere from someone I don't know at all I'm suddenly going to say "No, actually I made the whole thing up, I have never actually bothered to lay any of the 4000+ horses I proofed there at all?" ... :\
No Maria - i don't know you either or the forum of which you speak - so did not know if the original poster was grossly exaggerating or not.
You're a bit late' date=' George, and asking in a rather inappropriate place, too, don't you think? ... :eyes[/quote'] I was merely hoping that huge congratulations were in order. I appologise if this has offended you. Won't be making that mistake again.

i don't know you either
Then what gives you the right to ask me, out of the blue, how much money I earn? ... :eyes
or the forum of which you speak
The "forum of which I speak" was referred to in the original post, as you'll see if you look back at the previous page, George. And it's a forum rather closely affiliated to this one. And I was speaking of it (and in fact speaking at all!) only to answer your question ... :sad Never mind; life is too short for arguments about things like this. I apologise to you, George, if I over-reacted to what I saw as the inappropriateness of your questions. Good luck to you ... :)

Re: Does anyone on here make long term profit Well, since I posted the message about maria, I should say that it appears George didn't have any bad intentions with his remark,and maria probably overreacted because she has put up with a lot (make that a big lot) of stupid, sexist and worse comments on her thread, on the EBA forum. Anyway, all sorted out, so no problem. About maria's laying system which has ended, I came across it on this forum, as one member recommended the staking plan to Danny Cash's Laying thread. I read parts of the thread (100+ pages, takes courage to read everything, but I'm sure lots of good stuff to be found there), and the gem that I extracted from there, and what I think people don't really understand, is the Money Management. Because in every other thing the system was (is) good, but not something never before seen. We have other good systems here in PL also. However, maria's staking plan used exponential growth, and this is what catches people's eye, turning 3k to 100k in one year. What people fail to see is that probably another person, following maria's system would probably only turn 3k to 10k in one year, but nothing more than that. Her discipline, perseverence and planning is what made the difference, and that's the lesson I think we should all learn. Study something, improve it and stick with it. Don't win money on horses to lose it in big brother 7, or women's tennis in-play, or whatever. Her professional approach is what proved that it can be done, not only with her laying system, with any system, if you find something that is profitable, positive yield, that doesn't mean you will turn 3k to 100k in one year. You need to have a plan to use your money (preferably the one you go on winning). Danny Cash could (can, is he not doing it?) do it with his system, Slapdash probably runs into bookies limits very fast, but other systems can do it. Money management is as important (more important??) than having a positive yield, and the answer to the original question, is anyone here making long term profit with betting? Probably half the 98 or 99% of punters that lose on Betfair, don't win because of this. Just my thoughts, and once again, this forum is a blessing for being a place where you find other people to discuss these things. Best wishes to everyone and good luck

Maria I think you may have over-reacted. George is one of the good guys around here. I think he was saying "well done!"
Yes, I'm afraid I realised that too late! I am so used to people saying exactly what he said and meaning something completely different. I have spent a year of my life not only compiling a 130-page thread but answering really politely and really tactfully every possible question about the realities and practicalities of laying that has ever and can ever be asked in any online forum. I have also actually made twice as much as I have been able to show in the thread because of course I have been removing commission at 5% on huge daily turnover while paying about 2.2% myself (as one must, of course, and quite rightly so, and I'm not complaining about that at all, merely pointing out that it makes it all the more ironic when people say to me "Did you really make a shedload?") ... :\ For all these reasons, and perhaps the fact that English is (honestly!) my third language as well, I totally misunderstood George and overreacted. Hence my apology above. I still think it was a very strange thing for him to have to ask, though! Could he really have been expecting the answer to be "no, I made it all up"? Why not just say "Congratulations" and have done with it?! But that may be a "cultural difference" or something. I perhaps took his question more literally than he intended it ... :eek Anyway ... again, George; my apologies to you ... :$