US Open Mens - 28th Aug - 10th Sept

Re: US Open Mens - 28th Aug - 10th Sept Mauresmo ready for Sharapova test -- Mauresmo Wins -- Amelie Mauresmo will continue her bid for a third Grand Slam title of 2006 when she faces Maria Sharapova in the US Open semi-finals on Friday. The Frenchwoman, seeded number one, has a 3-0 record against the Russian. "The change of pace probably is something she doesn't like and that's my game, that's the way I play," said Mauresmo. "I'm not going to change." Second seed Justine Henin-Hardenne of Belgium faces Serbia's Jelena Jankovic in the second semi-final. Mauresmo beat Sharapova 6-3 3-6 6-2 in the Wimbledon semi-finals on her way to winning the title but expects a battle as both players aim to reach their first US Open final. "I think we always had some tough ones and some pretty tight matches," said Mauresmo. "She's hitting the ball very hard. She's a great competitor, she really stays in the match, hangs in there whatever happens." Sharapova, 19, is fourth in the world but has struggled to match the heights of her Wimbledon win two years ago, having since lost in five Grand Slam semi-finals. "She's definitely the player to beat right now," said Sharapova. "Honestly, I don't have anything to lose going into this match. She's number one in the world. "She's won two majors this year. She's got all the confidence in the world. All I want to do is just go out there and enjoy the moment of it." Jankovic, 21, has been the surprise of the women's draw, beating Nicole Vaidisova, Svetlana Kuznetsova and Elena Dementieva on her way to the last four. "I have so much confidence right now," said Jankovic. "In this tournament, I beat three top 10 players. It's amazing." Henin-Hardenne, the 2003 champion, won their only previous meeting on clay last year but puts little store by the fact that she is a strong favourite on paper. "On the court it's a totally different story," she said. "Jankovic is playing great tennis this week. It's going to be a tough, tough one for me."

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: US Open Mens - 28th Aug - 10th Sept

Sport Tennis
Event Roddick Vs Youzny
Selection Youzny
Strength 10/10
Date 09/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.52 (Back)
Reasoning We all know how good Roddick is and his improvement since being pared with Jimmy Conors. But i still dont think Roddick has a great game. OK his serve and power is excellent and if he is hitting over 75% 1st serves its going to be difficult for any opponents. Look at the people Youzny has beaten so far, Ferrer, Robredo, Nadal.... and he also had a successful run in the doubles loosing yesterday to concnetrate on the singles. Youzny has not just appeared from knowhere, he burst onto the scene some time back and then fizzled out but is back with a bang in this tournamanet. He as an excellent alround game, whih is really suited to this surface. If Roddicks serve is at all short he has the range of shots to hit winners and i think it it wll come down to how he serves. All the pressure is on Roddick in front of the home fans and Youzny thrives in these situations and is value at this price!

Amazing. 12 double faults for Henin Hardenne' date=' more than she had in the entire tournament up to yesterday. It takes a particular skill to pick out such a massively losing bet at heavy odds on, and I have it.[/quote'] :lol:lol:lol.ul m8- rest assured u aint the only one to possess that particular 'skill'

EventAndy Roddick-Mikhail Youzhny
Selectionover 37.5 games
Strength8/10
Date09/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.65 (Back)
ReasoningHere we have a huge value on Youzhny. Last days i lost some money on tennis, expecially yesterday when i had +5 on Jnakovic wich lost last set 0-6 and killed my superbet. Today i predict here a tight game.Both players are in great form.Roddick is one step forward but Youzhny can make suprise here.I will take over 37.5 games coz i think that this game will be very long and unpredictable.

Re: US Open Mens - 28th Aug - 10th Sept I know little about tennis. FACT Sharapova v Henin Hardenne I put Maria at about 1.7 yet I can get 2.08 @ betfair. Justine has serve and sholder problems. Maria is hitting clean and hard. Power power power. I like both players so paying for entry is well worth it. Little tickle on Sharpapova @ 2.08.

Re: US Open Mens - 28th Aug - 10th Sept Last Bet for the US Open Tie Breaks in the final : NO @2.87 . This was initially 3 plus at bet365 but the price has since dropped to 2.87 . I reckon this looks to be of some value . Federer is far more superior than roddick IMO and roddick would have to put up his A game to hold serve . Federer justs needs to be more consistent to gradually wear out his opponent and take the game and set . Expecting at least 4 sets here as i feel roddick might take a set but the chances of a tie break don't look high to me . Assuming that an A grade Federer turns up , this bet would be a nice one .

Re: US Open Mens - 28th Aug - 10th Sept Last Bet for the US Open Tie Breaks in the final : NO @2.87 . This was initially 3 plus at bet365 but the price has since dropped to 2.87 . I reckon this looks to be of some value . Federer is far more superior than roddick IMO and roddick would have to put up his A game to hold serve . Federer justs needs to be more consistent to gradually wear out his opponent and take the game and set . Expecting at least 4 sets here as i feel roddick might take a set but the chances of a tie break don't look high to me . Assuming that an A grade Federer turns up , this bet would be a nice one .