** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

ATP & WTA New Haven 20th-26th August

Re: ATP & WTA New Haven 20th-26th August Was late looking at this event today, but here is my first pick, which starts soon so get on quick. Not a great price but a winner's a winner, hopefully! Felianco Lopez vs. Fillipo Volandri Lopez reached the final of this New Haven event last year beating some good players along the way, such as Ferrer, Verdaso, Spadea and Sanguinetti, before losing to James Blake in three sets in the final. Since losing to Richard Gasquet in the Suisse Open Final Lopez’s conversion to US hard courts has not gone as he would have hoped, with his only victory in four matches coming against Gabashvili. The Spaniard usually enjoys the hard court season, although he hasn’t reached a quarter final since this event last year, where he was runner-up as mentioned. Lopez does have in his favour an excellent H2H record, holding a 5-1 advantage of Volandri, including a straight sets win on clay just over a month ago and a straight sets victory in last year’s US Open. Volandri has two clay court semi finals to his name in the last month but this is his first match back on hard courts in preparation for the US Open. Since reaching the semi-finals in Doha in January he has lost five out of six hard court matches, and his record in America is even worse. He has just two wins in 15 US hard court matches since March 2002, one this against year Llodra, ranked 145 in the world, and one in 2004 against K.J Hippensteel, ranked 207 at the time. Everything points towards another victory for Lopez. Tip: 10pts Lopez @ 1.33 (Stan James)

Re: ATP & WTA New Haven 20th-26th August Sam Querrey vs. Alberto Martin Sam Querrey is the hot new prospect in American tennis, at just 18 years old he has started to make his mark in the US hard court season, and his heavy hitting game took Rafael Nadal to three sets in the opening round in Cincinnati last week. He has victories over Spadea and Tipsarevic to his name recently, as well as winning two hard court challengers since June this year. In his last match before facing Nadal he was unlucky to lose in a very tight match against Wesley Moodie, after the young American won the first set 6-2, Moodie went on to win the next two close tie-breaks. Alberto Martin is at the other end of the scale to Querrey and he has suffered since crossing the pond for the US hard court season. He has lost 3 and 3 to Almagro and a 2 and 1 to Clement in the opening round of both recent Masters Series events and he has struggled to find a game capable of challenging players who are at home on hard courts and have a powerful game. Querrey’s stock should rise again with a win here. Tip: 10pts Querrey @ 1.50 (Betfair)

Re: ATP & WTA New Haven 20th-26th August That Querray really took nadal to the limits. Just keeping a eye on his odds in america and they are getting slightly shorter so money is coming in for him....... Just a note for round 2 . davydenko is fav in his match against clement..i have not seen the uk odds but davydenko has not won a match on hardcourts this year, if I am right.

Re: ATP & WTA New Haven 20th-26th August Very quiet on here this week, everyone saving up for a go at the US Open maybe. Just one bet for me today, a few others looked interesting but there are for and againsts for everything today, the best value in my opinion lies here. Felianco Lopez vs. Jonas Bjorkman As we noted with Lopez yesterday he is still finding his feet on US hard courts before the Open starts next week, but a victory as expected over Volandri yesterday will have helped confidence and he must know he can follow up nicely here. Since his rejuvenation during the grass court season, where he was a finalist at Nottingham and a semi-finalist at Wimbledon, Bjorkman has gone back into his losing ways for the season. He retired last week when tied at 6-6 in the first set against Juan Carlos Ferrero and had suffered defeats against Henman and Waske before that. Nine of Bjorkman’s 12 victories this season came at Nottingham and Wimbledon, while his hard court record is a dismal 2-7. He does have the advantage of a 2-0 H2H record against Lopez, including a Nottingham quarter-final this year. The Spaniard has a good record here, he was runner-up last year, while Bjorkman has played here only twice, in 1994 and 1996, and on both occasions he lost in the second round. That would suggest that he isn’t a big fan of the tournament, and may only be here in an attempt to find some form that he has been badly lacking all season. Lopez should come through this one in straight sets though. Tip: 5pts Lopez to win 2-0 @ 2.12 (Betfair)

Re: ATP & WTA New Haven 20th-26th August T Sun (2.15) V S Stosur (1.65) T Sun to win These young Chinese players are thick on the ground at the moment, and they are all playing out of their skin getting ready for the up coming Olympics, the key to their sucess has been their consistancy and Sun is no exception here, a very solid player who is playing a lot of matches. In the first round Sun, who qualified earlier this week, beat Patty Schnyder in two sets, breaking serve 5 times in 8 service games. Schnyder is a similar opponent to todays match against the Aussie, when they are on song they play great but they are both inconsistant and wear down as they hit more balls. Sun was at around $5 for the first match and has come in alot for this one, but 2.15 is good value here. Previous matches are 2-1 to Stosur, all on hard and all in 2005, with Sun winning at the US open, with Stosurs two coming in 3 long sets each time. Going 6 points to this one, with caution as I don't really like these lead in comps more than the match up.

Re: ATP & WTA New Haven 20th-26th August

Hey guys, i need something close to a banker today, does anybody think that Rudsedski stand a chance against Nieminen? or is there a better option. Thanks in advance
This isn't really the tournament for bankers mate - I'm trying to stay away:unsure :unsure. If Nieminen is up for it he should roll over Greg, who only looks capable of winning a serving battle these days. I'd actually advise Minryi today, the 1.70 on Betfair looks pretty decent, or Verdasco at around 1.50.

SportTennis
EventFerrer vs Fish
SelectionFerrer to win
Strength10/10
Date22/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.93 (Back)
ReasoningAfter a lot of thinking I decided to go with this bet. Firstly, US Open is just around the corner, only five days left and I really don't like taking bets at tournaments which are one week before Grand Slams. But somehow I can't understand odds here, Ferrer is underestimated here although he is still favourite. Ferrer @ 1.88 is totally out of any logic here as I find him much better player than Mardy Fish. So, Fish played only one tournament since Wimbledon and it was in Cincinnati one week ago. Win against Nicolas Mahut in two, and lost against Fernando Gonzalez also in two can't be considered as a success. Yesterday, Mardy Fish won Davide Sanguinetti 6-3 6-3. On the other side, David Ferrer is one of the main candidates to take this tournament. Before US hardcourt tourney he won Stuttgart Open on clay. Last week he played great in Cincinnati reaching quarterfinals defeating Moya, Almagro, Baghdatis, but he lost to Fernando Gonzalez. I believe these odds are too high on Ferrer's win and are representing big value, although I'm taking it with medium stake only as US Open begins in five days.

P. Srichaphan vs S. Wawrinka
Today, 18:45 Tennis - ATP
Pick: P. Srichaphan Result: Pending Stake: 5/10 Odds: 2.34 Bookmaker: Pinnacle vCash: No I can't understand this line. P. Srichaphan's season not good enough, but still he's seeded player here. He already met Wawrinka on clay and lost only on 3rd set tie-break. And he's record on clay this year 0-6 and 11-42 overall. P. Srichaphan played a good game vs. Federer. last week. Wawrinka's performance on hard courts not good enough. I'll take P. Srichaphan here 1/2 unit. STAGE N#9

Re: ATP & WTA New Haven 20th-26th August Tiger Tim to pay Rusedski in the 1st round of US Open. I some how feel this draw is rigged to stop a brit making the final, after Andys Murrays superb performances. (he says making this comment tongue and cheek):lol Andy Murray plays a qualifier. :dude

Re: ATP & WTA New Haven 20th-26th August Beware the injured tennis player ! Well two of them meet tonight in New Haven, when Amelie Mauresmo and Lindsay Davenport, face each other for the 15th time. Since winning Wimbledon, the Frenchwoman has not played, she carried an injury there and withdrew from her proposed comeback tournament in Montreal, with a right shoulder strain. In her first match here she struggled to beat 105 ranked, Galina Voskoboeva, in three sets. Lindsay has not played since March, battling with a continued back injury. She made her return in LA, losing in 3 close sets to 37th ranked, Samantha Stosur. In her opening match here she recorded a fine win, 3 and 3, over Katarina Srebotnik, who has just reached a career high ranking, of 20. She holds an 11-3 h2h record over Mauresmo, winning the last 8, 6 of those victories coming on hard court, including 3 at this very tournament, all of which came in straight sets. Infact, the American has won 15 of the last 16 sets they have played. Amelie served us very well at Wimbledon, but I cannot side with her today. At the odds on offer, I make Lindsay a strong selection to win this match, she is the mentally tougher of these two by a country mile and feel that will be the deciding factor, with injuries on their mind and the US Open just around the corner. 4 points Davenport to beat Mauresmo 2.33 redbet/ betfair......... I consider anything over 2.25 value. www.ubet2win.blogspot.com

Re: ATP & WTA New Haven 20th-26th August ^^^^ Great tip Pipmel, I agree with you and I guess that why watching these warm up matches are important for those who are wanting to make some $$$ on the major tourneys. Another good sign for Davenport is that she is back with her old coach Adam Peterson, she seems very sharp. Maruesmos last match is interesting after going down in the forst set, she won the second 6-1 serving at 46% of first serves with three double faults, it says a bit about the quality of the opposition and of Mauresmos inconsistancy. I agree here, small to medium stakes however more to do with the tournament and the lack of form for each player, Davenport for 5 points.

Mallise vs. Calleri
Today, 19:00 Tennis - ATP
Pick: Calleri Result: Pending Stake: 5/10 Odds: 2.25 Bookmaker: Betfair Agustin Calleri is in the form of his life at the moment, in the middle of one of those runs that you just never want to come to an end. His run since losing to Simone Bolelli in a challenger at the start of July reads semi-final, quarter-final, winner, semi-final and now a semi-final here. This tournament has been his first during on US hard courts in preparation for next week’s US Open, but he has reached the semi’s beating Mirnyi, Ferrer and Massu. The only slight concern is this has been his first tournament in two weeks since retiring against Florian Mayer in the Prokom Open semi-finals. Mallise is also in good touch at the moment, he has a quarter-final and a semi-final to his name in the US hard court season but he still looks capable of throwing in bad performances. He was beaten in Cincinnati last week by Mirnyi and has taken three sets to beat Robin Vik and Juan Ignacio Chela this week. His only other defeats on the US hard courts have been to Federer, Blake and Agassi. This looks a close match, but with confidence sky high for the Argentinean, there is value to be had backing him.