International Friendlies 15-16/8

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8 this is my first post on this nice forum my english is not so good:sad but i still hope to share my thoughts with all of us about italy-croatia first of all thi is lucarelli match infact italy-croatia will be played in livorno lucarelli was born in livorno and is playing for livorno, he is livorno symbol, so he will be extra-motivated to score at least 1 goal so my first choiche is lucarelli to score anytime, moreover italy is going to plat with 4-3-3- system with 3 good players such as lucarelli esposito and rocchi upfront and with an unexperienced defense such as zenoni,falcone ,terlizzi, and chiellini,groati has good some nice player upfront as eduardo,rapic and klasnic so we have good chanches to see both team scoring in this maych and this is my second choiche . gl to all:)

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8

SportFootball (Internationals)
EventRep. of Ireland vs Holland
SelectionHolland dnb to win (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date16/08/2006
Bookmaker/PriceInterwetten @ 1.65 (Back)
ReasoningAfter dissapointing performace at World Cup Holland will look to bounce back against Republic of Ireland. And, looking at Irish squad, they won't have very hard job if they take this match seriously. Irish manager won't have Robbie Keane, Terry Dixon, Alan Lee, Richard Dunne, Ian Harte and Damien Duff in his squad. Six players, this is too much. Also, Shay Given is doubtful and most likely he won't play. Uff, that's too much. After all, Ireland coach will have under-average squad and his attack will be of players who are playing in Championship only. On the other side, Holland will very good squad. Ruud Van Nistelrooy and Mark Bommel aren't invited for this game, but Holland squad has enough quality players to cover these absences. Huntelar, Robben, Van Persie, Kuyt are all invited and I can see them hurting weak Irish defence meanwhile I really can't see average "Championchip" attack scoring a goal against Holland. For sure, Van Basten will have to win this match in order to reassure fans that he is still right choice. Huntelaar is already in great from as he showed it scoring against Fc Kopenhagen in Champions League. This is final opportunity for both countries to test themselves before Euro qualification rounds, also last opportunity for all players to prove themselves in front of their coaches and I believe all players will take this game seriously, especially those who are playing on Ruud Van Nisterlooy's position.

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8 I guess I'll jump on the same boat with most people here, but I just taken AH -0.25 for security reason.

Sport Football (Internationals)
Event Ireland vs Netherland
Selection Netherland -0.25 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 16/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.88 (Back)
Reasoning Well there are many other write up who sum up my choices already :P But anyway heres my oppinion. Ireland will be playing with a lot of their important players missing. The likes of Keane, Dixon, Duff, Harte and possibly Given. Since this is a friendly only it is not that much of an importance to Ireland as they really have nothing to prove while for Netherland they really want to win it as Van Basten position as the nation manager could be in danger if he didn't start showing why is he worth having to coach the dutch team with so much potential. Moreover, Dutch is playing with a lot of their experienced players like Van Persie, Robben, Huntelaar, Kuyt and few more to name. Their attacking quality will be too much perhaps for Ireland with so many core players missing. Since this is friendly theres a possibilities Holland didnt take the game seriously and do many experimental tactical changes, hence AH of -0.25 with decent odd had been choosen to provide cover incase such things happen.

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8 No point in repeating what others have wrote about Ireland v Netherlands. The Dutch look good value for the win or draw no bet if you want to play it safe. I think another bet to look at for this match is Huntelaar to score first @ 6/1. I know it will be his first senior cap but at all levels he has played in he has scored. He netted 5 times in the summer when the Dutch won the Euro U21 Championship and he finished to scorer. His record last season speaks for itself (scoring a goal a game) and he showed against FC Copenhagen that he is still sharp by netting twice. Good value bet imo.

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8 Yeah thats why I wrote on the start that other had done a better job writing it up, and basically I just want to tell that AH with -0.25 is a good choice. Since I also join the SP tipping competition, it require me to post what I post on sp.com, so thats why I post it here, its not bcoz I want to spam useless stuff. Sorry if my stuff on Nethernald vs Ireland is useless :P But once again I already write in the start of my write up its basically just the same sh*t as the other write up. Cheers

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8 I can honestly say that I can't remember Ireland ever having such a weak defence. I don't even think you'll need the draw no bet. I think the Holland win is safe. GK: Kenny - He's a decent keeper but nowhere near Given's class. Given is up there with the best keeper in the world. Premiership and Irish player of the year last season. RB: Carr/Finnan - the only decent player in defence. CB: O'Brien - Not good enough for Portsmouth. CB: O'Shea - Terrible player who has never once played well for Ireland. He has played at centre back once for Ireland and was abolutely abysmal. LB: Kilbane - He's a left winger with very little technical ability and isn't in the Everton team. He is only playing left back because there's nobody else. That is barely a Coca Cola Championship quality defence and will not be able to hold back van Persie, Huntelaar, Kuyt and Robben. Ireland's attack will be down to what Aiden McGeady can create as without Duff, S.Ireland, A.Reid and Keane there's very little creativity.

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8 My post was not in reference to yours :-)

Yeah thats why I wrote on the start that other had done a better job writing it up, and basically I just want to tell that AH with -0.25 is a good choice. Since I also join the SP tipping competition, it require me to post what I post on sp.com, so thats why I post it here, its not bcoz I want to spam useless stuff. Sorry if my stuff on Nethernald vs Ireland is useless :P But once again I already write in the start of my write up its basically just the same sh*t as the other write up. Cheers
I tired to say that there was no point (meaning me) writing why someone should back the Dutch as yourself as well as someone else already had. Still think a Dutch win is on the cards and i have done DNB just in case the Irish frustrate them and i also put a small bet on Huntelaar to score first and also at anytime.

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8 I think the same as a lot of people about this match:

Event Rep. of Ireland - Netherlands
Selection Netherlands
Strength 10/10
Date 16/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price BetFred @ 2.20 (Back)
Reasoning Even though I normally don't bet on friendly international matches, this is too good value to go by! We have the side from Ireland, who is missing Shay Given (Newcastle), Duff(Newcastle, former Chelsea) and Keane(Tottenham) as the biggest profiles. These are players that can make or break a game for their clubs, and even more so on their national team, as it is not as well-equipped with players as the premierleague clubs. Besides these players they are also missing other players from their starting lineup, but they still have Stephen Carr who has come back recently from an injury. Still I don't think they have any of the power or drive they would have had with the 3 profiles that are out of this match! Netherland has dropped one of the best centerforwards in the world, his tally of 17 goals in 26 games in the premierleague says it all. This would seem a stupid idea to many, but they've taken in young striker Huntelaar, who's been absolutely smashing in his games for Ajax, against FCK he showed how poisionious he can be to a defence, with two goals on just 2 chances. He was outstanding, I expect him to be wanting to secure a spot for the next cup, the European cup! Flanked by Robben and Van Persie I think he'll have a good chance of nicking a goal, if not more. Generally I'd say Netherland has too much class, and I give them a 55 % chance to win this match, giving a betvalue of 121 % Happy punting! :)
Will be interesting to see Huntelaar on the seniorteam, people say he didn't play that well in the u21 cup, yet he came out as topscorer! :) Still I think this Holland has tons of class, and can't say the same about the Ireland-side!

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8 Think England with a point to prove will get a narrow win tonight 1 or 2 nil or 2-1 perhaps, Brazil will be way too strong for Norway and Czech republic can beat a not so great Serbia side.

Event England v Greece
Selection Lay Jermaine Defoe to score (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 16/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.70 (Lay)
Reasoning Much was made of Jermaine Defoe's exclusion from the World Cup squad and McClaren has opted for the media friendly option of choosing the striker they all cried out for. For me, Defoe is lacking the quality required of an interntional striker. He has an abundance of pace but then so does a Japanese Bullet Train, but that doesn't play for Japan. Last term, he struggled to get into the Spurs side, scoring just 9 goals in 39 appearances including coming off the bench 15 times. On the international scene, he is yet to notch his first goal following three subs appearances. Tonight he plays up front with Crouch, so should be the preferred goalscoring option, but with Gerrard and Lampard both now being able to attack from midfield, I feel that they are more likely to score. Bent will start on the bench, and should he come on, it'll be difficult to see clearly which striker he will replace. For Defoe, it seems a simple swap but for Crouch, it will be interesting to see how Bent and Defoe can mix, neither being a very good provider. Greece are not the side of a few years back but will certainly lift their game playing England and at Old Trafford - even a non-full strength side will be looking to not lose. They will be fresher as a team than England following the World Cup and may even pinch the draw.

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8 Normally I don't bet on friendlies very often but... Germany - Sweden I have the game, or let's call it 'nightmare in Gelsenkirchen', in fresh recollection.. Sweden were ran over by the steamroller that was Germany, got one sent off, a smurking ref and a humiliating 0-2 loss (could've been 0-5). As many has already pointed out Germany will most likely want to continue what Klinsmann started. His main man Löw is now captain of the ship and from what I've heard he's both popular with the players and the fans. From the interviews I've seen I also thinks that he seems to be an intelligent man with both feet on the ground. Sweden will be utterly weak up-front, being without both Ibrahimovic and Larsson (not that it might be a great loss after what they 'accomplished' in the WC). On the contrary to what I feel about Germanys coach I have no confidence in Swedens coach Lars Lagerbäck, they should have kicked him after the WC to get a fresh start and new thinking. This man is the most grey, boring and coward man on earth when it comes to coaching and facing the media. The only interesting thing about his new (and more defensive) 4-4-1-1 line-up is that both Källström and Anders Svensson to start. Expect them both to give their all in this game as they are always motivated and always do well in the national team. We can't close our eyes for the fact that there has been some internal problems for a long while in the Swedish team. We remember the fight between former captain Mellberg and current captain Ljungberg in the WC of 2002 and the 'fight' in the locker room in the WC of 2006. When the national team came back to Sweden after the WC this summer they all agreed to boycott the media which is so childish and ridiculous I dont even know where to begin. Apparently this order came directly from Lagerbäck and after this many of the columnists have urged him to resign from his post as coach. The biggest problem for Sweden is that we seldom lose - but we also seldom win, especially not friendlies. I still remember the terrible 0-3 loss against the ever fighting irish before the WC. The Swedish team that will face the bronze-medallists from Germany isnt much stronger than the team that got whipped by Eire IMO. Germany on AH -1 @ 2.05 B365

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8 Italy/Croatia [email protected]. Italy will play 1 member from the team that won the WC, and he didn't even see the field GK: Amelia (Livorno). The rest of the line up looks like this: Pasqual, Bonera, Chiellini, Semioli, Ambrosini, Lucarelli, Caracciolo, Esposito, Rocchi, Di Natale, Di Michele, Liverani, Morrone, Terlizzi, Palombo, Delvecchio, Gobbi, Zauri, Roma, Zenoni, & Falcone. These aren't top players but a midfield of Liverani, Gobbi, Amrosini, and Semioli is tbh not too far off the midfield of Pirlo, Gattuso, Camo, and Perrotta. Solid defence and goal poacher in Lucarelli. Croatia will start many of their regulars, IMO these teams will offset each other.

Event England v Greece
Selection Lay Jermaine Defoe to score (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 16/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.70 (Lay)
Reasoning Much was made of Jermaine Defoe's exclusion from the World Cup squad and McClaren has opted for the media friendly option of choosing the striker they all cried out for. For me, Defoe is lacking the quality required of an interntional striker. He has an abundance of pace but then so does a Japanese Bullet Train, but that doesn't play for Japan. Last term, he struggled to get into the Spurs side, scoring just 9 goals in 39 appearances including coming off the bench 15 times. On the international scene, he is yet to notch his first goal following three subs appearances. Tonight he plays up front with Crouch, so should be the preferred goalscoring option, but with Gerrard and Lampard both now being able to attack from midfield, I feel that they are more likely to score. Bent will start on the bench, and should he come on, it'll be difficult to see clearly which striker he will replace. For Defoe, it seems a simple swap but for Crouch, it will be interesting to see how Bent and Defoe can mix, neither being a very good provider. Greece are not the side of a few years back but will certainly lift their game playing England and at Old Trafford - even a non-full strength side will be looking to not lose. They will be fresher as a team than England following the World Cup and may even pinch the draw.
good game from england and more of a gap in class than expected but with defoe subbed after 68 mins, the bets a winner :ok

Italy/Croatia [email protected]. Italy will play 1 member from the team that won the WC, and he didn't even see the field GK: Amelia (Livorno). The rest of the line up looks like this: Pasqual, Bonera, Chiellini, Semioli, Ambrosini, Lucarelli, Caracciolo, Esposito, Rocchi, Di Natale, Di Michele, Liverani, Morrone, Terlizzi, Palombo, Delvecchio, Gobbi, Zauri, Roma, Zenoni, & Falcone. These aren't top players but a midfield of Liverani, Gobbi, Amrosini, and Semioli is tbh not too far off the midfield of Pirlo, Gattuso, Camo, and Perrotta. Solid defence and goal poacher in Lucarelli. Croatia will start many of their regulars, IMO these teams will offset each other.
Disapointing Italy's 25 game unbeaten streak is over:@ , should have looked at history. Italy lost several friendlies after winning WC82'. Also Bearzot, and Lippi both lost their 1st games as coach now so has Donadoni.

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8 Easy bets tonight with the Dutch:

No point in repeating what others have wrote about Ireland v Netherlands. The Dutch look good value for the win or draw no bet if you want to play it safe. I think another bet to look at for this match is Huntelaar to score first @ 6/1. I know it will be his first senior cap but at all levels he has played in he has scored. He netted 5 times in the summer when the Dutch won the Euro U21 Championship and he finished to scorer. His record last season speaks for itself (scoring a goal a game) and he showed against FC Copenhagen that he is still sharp by netting twice. Good value bet imo.
Most people would have got the Dutch @ 5/4 and i think Huntelaar first scorer @ 6/1 was silly odds consdering he is the best young forward in Europe. Nice easy money for me tonight :-)

If I hadn't got bias clouding my judgement I would have put it down as the banker of the year considering the odds. In saying that, I knew Holland would win. :) Ireland's worst defeat in 40 years
i had a free bet form sean Graham and i stuck it on Holland! kinda weird cheering on your countrie's opposition but didnt feel weird winnign the money;) cant wait for the germany/Ireland game that should be easy for the germs