Czech republic - Serbia & MontenegroWed 16-08-2006 - 20:1541.753.305.50
Ireland - NetherlandsWed 16-08-2006 - 20:3043.103.002.38
Austria - HungaryWed 16-08-2006 - 20:3041.903.204.50
Italy - CroatiaWed 16-08-2006 - 20:5041.833.406.50
England - GreeceWed 16-08-2006 - 21:0091.603.757.50
Bosnia & Herzegovina - FranceWed 16-08-2006 - 21:0045.003.401.70
Egypt - UruguayWed 16-08-2006 22.383.202.75
:drums

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8 Caution when backing Italy btw. Goalkeepers: Marco Amelia (Livorno), Flavio Roma (Monaco/FRA). Defenders: Daniele Bonera (AC Milan), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Giulio Falcone (Sampdoria), Manuel Pasqual (Fiorentina), Christian Terlizzi (Sampdoria), Luciano Zauri (Lazio), Christian Zenoni (Sampdoria). Midfielders: Massimo Ambrosini (AC Milan), Gennaro Delvecchio (Sampdoria) Massimo Gobbi (Fiorentina), Fabio Liverani (Fiorentina), Stefano Morrone (Livorno), Angelo Palombo (Samdoria), Franco Semioli (Chievo). Forwards: Andrea Caracciolo (Palermo), David Di Michele (Palermo), Angelo Di Natale (Udinese), Mauro Esposito (Cagliari), Cristiano Lucarelli (Livorno), Tommaso Rocchi (Lazio). That's the squad, slightly different from the World Cup eh!

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8 Croatia will play without all defenders line from WC (Simunic and Simic has red cards from Australia, and Tudor is injured, maybe Kovac too). Midfielders are old, new (old) is Rapaic from Standard Liege (he playad at Japan/Korea) and very talented youngster Modric. Dado Prso finished career for Croatia, new goalscorer is young Brasilian Eduardo da Silva (Dudu). Sorry for my English, I hope you will understand me.

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8 Germany - Sweden Germany; Goalkeeper; 23 Timo Hildebrand 05.04.1979 VfB Stuttgart 3 - 1 Jens Lehmann 10.11.1969 Arsenal London 38 - Defender; Malik Fathi 29.10.1983 Hertha BSC Berlin - - 3 Arne Friedrich 29.05.1979 Hertha BSC Berlin 42 - 24 Manuel Friedrich 13.09.1979 1. FSV Mainz 05 - - 2 Marcell Jansen 04.11.1985 Borussia Mönchengladbach 8 - 16 Philipp Lahm 11.11.1983 FC Bayern München 25 2 6 Jens Nowotny 11.01.1974 Dinamo Zagreb 47 1 Mittelfield; 18 Tim Borowski 02.05.1980 Werder Bremen 26 2 8 Torsten Frings 22.11.1976 Werder Bremen 58 8 15 Thomas Hitzlsperger 05.04.1982 VfB Stuttgart 16 - 22 David Odonkor 21.02.1984 Borussia Dortmund 5 - 19 Bernd Schneider 17.11.1973 Bayer 04 Leverkusen 71 1 7 Bastian Schweinsteiger 01.08.1984 FC Bayern München 35 9 Attacker; 14 Gerald Asamoah 03.10.1978 FC Schalke 04 41 6 9 Mike Hanke 05.11.1983 VfL Wolfsburg 7 1 11 Miroslav Klose 09.06.1978 Werder Bremen 62 29 10 Oliver Neuville 01.05.1973 Borussia Mönchengladbach 62 9 20 Lukas Podolski 04.06.1985 FC Bayern München 32 15

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8 Sweden v Germany Sweden are focusing on life after Henrik Larsson after naming their first squad since the striker's international retirement. For the game against Germany, Lagerbäck is planning to "try some new tactics - we might play with one striker operating a bit deeper". The coach is without the injured Fredrik Ljungberg, who has replaced Olof Mellberg as captain, as well as Mattias Jonson, another early retirement. England v Greece Greece chief Rehhagel has decided not to experiment with new players in the friendly against England at Old Trafford, instead remaining faithful to the core of the team that won UEFA EURO 2004™ but failed to qualify for the 2006 FIFA World Cup. The German retains the 34-year-old Theodoros Zagorakis as captain in a 22-man squad including ten foreign-based players. Republic of Ireland v Netherlands Stephen Carr has come out of international retirement ten months after quitting the Republic of Ireland side and is in the squad to face the Netherlands in Dublin. The 29-year-old Newcastle United FC right-back won the last of his 41 caps in October 2005. Carr's midfield club-mate Alan O'Brien has been selected for the first time by manager Steve Staunton. Switzerland v Liechtenstein For the Liechtenstein friendly, Switzerland coach Jakob Kuhn has stuck by the players who performed so well at the World Cup. Only Arsenal FC defender Philippe Senderos is absent from the 23 involved in Germany because of a shoulder injury. As co-hosts of UEFA EURO 2008™, Switzerland do not have to qualify for the finals. Finland v Northern Ireland Finland boss Roy Hodgson has a 27-man squad for the match against Northern Ireland in Helsinki. There are no notable omissions, while experienced midfielders Mika Nurmela and Jarkko Wiss return to national-team duty following good domestic form. Moldova v Lithuania Moldova coach Anatolii Teslev has recalled FC Karpaty Lviv striker Alexander Golban after a lengthy spell on the sidelines for the meeting with Lithuania in Chisinau. Also back is FC Tom Tomsk midfielder Oleg Sischin, while goalkeeper Evgheni Hmaruc and forward Sergey Dadu are picked despite being free agents. Heart of Midlothian FC's Deividas Cesnauskis will be unavailable for Lithuania due to a thigh problem, however. He will be replaced by Igoris Morinas in a squad also bereft of Edgaras Jankauskas and Nerijus Barasa. Bosnia-Herzegovina v France Bosnia-Herzegovina have gone for an experienced 19-man selection for the Sarajevo encounter with France. Coach Blaž Slišković has left out HNK Rijeka's Elvir Bolić and Mirsad Bešlija of Hearts from a group that includes only two home-based players - one of them Under-21 defender Vule Trivunović of FK Sarajevo. Slovenia v Israel Maccabi Petach-Tikva FC striker Omer Golan has been released from the Israel party due to a thigh problem. The 23-year-old, who has 15 caps, is now doubtful for the beginning of Israel's UEFA EURO 2008™ qualifying campaign against Estonia on 2 September. Coach Dror Kashtan appears unlikely to draft in a replacement. Austria v Hungary Hungary have gone for familiar faces for their trip to Vienna to take on Austria. Coach Péter Bozsik has decided not to call up 20-year-old forward Tamás Priskin despite his eye-catching move from Györi ETO FC to Watford FC in the English Premiership.

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8 Injury Reports ; Italy v Croatia ACF Fiorentina's Alessandro Gamberini has been called up by Donadoni to replace injured AC Milan defender Daniele Bonera for Wednesday's friendly in Livorno. Gamberini, 24, is the eighth uncapped player selected by new coach Donadoni with third-choice keeper Marco Amelia the only survivor from the FIFA World Cup-winning squad. Iceland v Spain FC Barcelona captain Carles Puyol and playmaker Xavi Hernández will miss Spain's game in Iceland on Tuesday because of minor knocks sustained on their club's tour of the United States. Iceland have also suffered a blow ahead of the Reykjavik encounter with captain Eidur Gudjohnsen, another Barcelona man, withdrawing because of injury. Germany v Sweden Defender Christoph Metzelder has pulled out of the Germany party for the match against Sweden due to a knee complaint picked up at the weekend. The BV Borussia Dortmund player makes way for uncapped 22-year-old Hertha BSC Berlin starlet Malik Fathi. Coach Löw's debut squad is also shorn of Michael Ballack and Sebastian Kehl. Meanwhile, Sweden No1 Andreas Isaksson has been replaced by John Alvbåge of Viborg FF to allow the former to settle at new club Manchester City FC. Alvbåge, 24, has two caps. Czech Republic v Serbia The Czech Republic will be without Tomáš Rosický for the visit to Serbia after the Arsenal FC midfielder succumbed to a groin problem. Jiří Jarošík also misses out, giving an opportunity to Hannover 96 forward Jirí Štajner and FK Mladá Boleslav striker Marek Kulič. Serbia's new boss Javier Clemente has added Under-21 internationals Miloš Krasić and Branislav Ivanović to his 18-man roster, as Marko Lomić and Marko Baša are injured. Denmark v Poland FC København winger Jesper Grønkjær has dropped out of Denmark's team to play in Odense on Wednesday because of groin trouble. Christian Poulsen, Søren Larsen and Daniel Jensen were earlier withdrawals. England v Greece Nikolaos Georgeas has received his first Greece call-up after Giourkas Seitaridis damaged an ankle in action for Club Atlético de Madrid at the weekend. The 29-year-old AEK Athens FC right-back could therefore feature for the European champions at Old Trafford on Wednesday. Luxembourg v Turkey Striker Gökhan Ünal is out of contention for Turkey after hurting his foot playing for Kayserispor on Sunday. Coach Fatih Terim will not replace Ünal but has drafted in a deputy for injured keeper Hakan Arýkan (hand) - Trabzonspor's Tolga Zengin. Republic of Ireland v Netherlands Home coach Steve Staunton has lost the services of six players for the Dublin friendly. Staunton already knew he would be without keeper Shay Given and midfielder Stephen Ireland but on Sunday, Robbie Keane, Terry Dixon, Richard Dunne and Alan Lee also withdrew. There are late call-ups for Blackburn Rovers FC midfielder Jonathan Douglas and Sunderland AFC forward Daryl Murphy. Uncapped Theo Janssen has joined the visiting party. The 25-year-old BV Vitesse midfielder comes in for Wesley Sneijder, whose wife is expecting a baby. Romania v Cyprus Romania coach Victor Piturca has chosen 38-year-old Dorinel Munteanu for Wednesday's fixture in the Black Sea port of Constanta. The midfielder is joined by Stefan Grigorie, recalled after a three-year absence, but injuries keep out Sorin Paraschiv and Dorin Goian. Piturca's opposite number Angelos Anastasiadis is deprived of Michalis Konstantinou while British-Cypriot defender Thomas Williams is a surprise inclusion. Switzerland v Liechtenstein Switzerland's Hamburger SV midfielder Raphaël Wicky has been ruled out with a calf complaint. The 29-year-old joins Valon Behrami and Philippe Senderos on Jakob Kuhn's casualty list. BSC Young Boys forward Hakan Yakin and German-based duo Marco Streller and David Degen are rated doubtful. Wales v Bulgaria Manager John Toshack has drafted in Cardiff City FC defender Paul Parry after David Partridge gave in to a groin injury. Jason Koumas has pulled out for personal reasons. Wales's opponents in Swansea have also made a change with PFC CSKA Sofia midfielder Velizar Dimitrov taking over from the ill Mihail Venkov.

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8 Iceland - Spain I think this squad is enough to win in iceland. Spain squad Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid CF), José Manuel Reina (Liverpool FC). Defenders: Antonio López (Club Atlético de Madrid), Pablo Ibáñez (Club Atlético de Madrid), Juanito Gutiérrez (Real Betis Balompié), Mariano Pernía (Club Atlético de Madrid), Michel Salgado (Real Madrid CF), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid CF), Carlos Marchena (Valencia CF). Midfielders: Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal FC), José Antonio Reyes (Arsenal FC),Joaquín Sánchez (Real Betis Balompié), Luis García (Liverpool FC), Xabi Alonso (Liverpool FC), David Albelda (Valencia CF), Borja Oubina (RC Celta de Vigo). Forwards: Fernando Torres (Club Atlético de Madrid), Raúl González (Real Madrid CF), David Villa (Valencia CF).

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8 RE the Czech Rep game Nedved is to announce whether this will be his last ever game for the Czech Rep or not. The announcement should be done in two hours time. If the former is the case, it may well turn out to be a little more than an exhibition game to celebrate Nedved's skill - which could be felt from some hints by Serbian skipper Stankovic. I'd hold fire till after the announcement;)

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8 I think Rosicky has pulled out of that game so if Nedved does not play they will be lacking in creativity. My picks for the internationals are (I'm new so bear with me) Italy U21 v Croatia U21 The Italians have always had very good U21 sides and I expect them to be too strong for Croatia. Ukraine v Azerbaijan Should be straightforward. Russia v Latvia Russia always have some talented inviduals now in my opinion they have the manager to go with it, Hiddink's first game in Russia and he will obviously want to get the public behind him with a good performance, players will also be keen to impress. England v Greece Simlar logic to above really, Greece have not repeated anything like the form of Euro 2000 and will try out some new players. Rooney missing is a slight hitch but Defoe has been scoring pre-season and I expect he (along with others) will want to show the new manager they can perform at this level.

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8

Republic of Ireland v Netherlands Stephen Carr has come out of international retirement ten months after quitting the Republic of Ireland side and is in the squad to face the Netherlands in Dublin. The 29-year-old Newcastle United FC right-back won the last of his 41 caps in October 2005. Carr's midfield club-mate Alan O'Brien has been selected for the first time by manager Steve Staunton.
In my opinion the DUTCHhave big chances to win here. According to my knowledge, the Irish are missing some key players for Wednesday's clash: Robbie Keane (cpt), Terry Dixon (FOR), Alan Lee (FOR) and Richard Dunne (DEF) who had all withdrew due to injuries...

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8 I think Rosicky has pulled out of that game so if Nedved does not play they will be lacking in creativity. You got me wrong here, Nedved will play for sure, it's just about whether this is his last international game for the Czech Rep or not. He's been quoted the first thing is to help Juve back up to Serie A.

Estonia vs FYR Macedonia, 16.08 EURO 2006 Qualifications, Group E Estonija : FYR Macedonija (16.8.); Talinn This is the feature where I see a lot of value… Macedonia with their new coach, Slovenian Srecko Katanec, is ready to pick some points in their first EU2008 qualifing match against Estonia. Macedonia has shown their strenght (new spirit?) with beating Turkey and Ecuador (1:0 and 2:1, both at home) in last two friendlies. Although friendlies are different story I think they are good indicator of team progress and capability. With very good defence (mostly German) –Vasoski (Eintracht Frankfurt), Noveski (Mainz 05), I. Mitreski (Energie Cottbus), Petrov (CSKA Sofia) and Sedloski (Mattersburg Austria), then Shakiri (Aalborg), A. Mitrevski (1. FC Koln) and Tasevski (Metallurg Zaporozny) in midfield, and attacking duo Maznov (Lokeren) & Pandev (Lazio) I can easily see enough quality to go through Estonia. Especially if we add a touch of coach's Katanec discipline and tactics. I don't know exact formation on the field but I don't find this so important at the moment. On the other side, Estonia is not– with all respect – even average EU team, with only few players playing in euro clubs – Mart Poom (Arsenal; third GK), Teever (Osters IF, SWE), Viikmae (Gefle IF, SWE), Piiroja (Fredrikstad, NOR), others play mostly for Russian clubs and two domestic clubs – Flora Talinn and Levadia Talinn. Last two friendlies in May finished 1:1 (at home vs. New Zeland and away vs. Turkey). Its true that Macedonija often play cold/hot – I remember them losing from Andorra! but under Katanec teams like Estonia do not have much chances! I just hope Macedonians will be motivated enough for Estonia. So maybe a draw, but I will probably go on straight win! I would appreciate any other opinions as I'm not (yet) so sure with away win… :ok :hope :hope

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8 I can't remember ever been so certain of Ireland losing a home game as I am for tomorrow nights match. Ireland are without Shay Given, Richard Dunne, Damien Duff and Robbie Keane - Basically Ireland's 4 most important players. Also withdrawn are Ian Harte, Stephen Ireland, Terry Dixon and Alan Lee. That leaves Ireland with 1 centre half in Andy O'Brien who will be leaving Pompey. John O'Shea has yet to have a good game for Ireland and he is likely to partner him. At left back Kevin Kilbane seems to most likely option. The right side of the pitch will most likely consist of 2 right backs with Carr and Finnan playing one in front of the other. Basically the defence is an absolute shambles and the only thing we have going for us is the form of McGeady. Kavanagh and S.Reid might do well in the centre of midfield but when you have the likes of Robben and van Persie running at O'Shea and Kilbane there can only be 1 winner. :)

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8 My national team, Malta have been improving a bit lately, obtaining 1-1 draws against Croatia and Bulgaria and an undeserved 1-0 loss against Japan. +2.5, 3 is a good asian handicap to take, also considering that with players in their pre-season training, the Slovaks may well not push us too hard even if they have the ability to do so.

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8 So - the match with Serbia is Nedved's last international game. No proof or anything, but I have a feeling this may well turn out to be a cellebrational/exhibition kinda match with a home win and Nedved scoring a goal.

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8 can argue with that eirebhoy,ive laid ireland at 3.7 hoping to lock in a profit come KO,might leave some of it though as i cant see a win. also some nutcase is supposed to have pulled a gun on Stuanton last night the team hotel car park,Roy keane maybe????:eek ;) that should unsettle Stan a bit

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8 Hi, some thoughts on some of tonight's games: Ireland-Netherlands: 2 (2.20) Ireland are missing their "big" names Keane, Dunne and Given. NED don't have van Nistelrooij in but that only means Huntelaar can finally show how good he really is. Ireland always have been a tough team to beat at home but at prices around 2.20 and with all these missings I think it's worth more than a try. Norway-Brazil: 2 (2.00) Norway just sucks. The old days are gone, their defense is gone, no more Bratseth, Johnsen or Björnebye. They still rely on Solskjaer (60 years old) and Carew (only showed his skill in meaningless games) to score for them. Brazil, on the other side, got rid of the reason that prevented them from becoming World Champions again: Their so-called stars. All those big names that just carried their overpriced jerseys around are out, motivated (and talented) guys are in. Brazil traditionally performs bad up in the cold north, but with most of their players playing in colder regions (G.Silva, Lucio) and 4 of em actually playing in Russia, I don't think this will matter today. Germany-Sweden: 1 (1.65) No real reason for that, Germany will not be able to hold up the motivation they got in WC just like any other surprise team (Denmark 92, Bulgaria 94, Croatia 98, Turkey 02, Greece 04...) and they'll have a hard time actually qualifying for Euro08, but still this first friendly after their great WC success against a swedish team that doesn't really care for the game (big names rather prepare for the upcoming EPL), this might be another exhibition game to entertain the german "Poldi"-chanting masses. Italy-Croatia: 0 (3.20) Donadoni only invited one member of the WC team, and although the others should be motivated, it still doesn't mean they'll just win a game. Italy never just "wins a game", they try not to lose it. This won't change because these players are backups, they still want to show their individual class and for Italy, this means being a tactical player. Boring 0-0 or 1-1 (with Lucarelli scoring at home) all the way. Belgium-Kazakhstan: 1 (1.10) If you need a banker, here is it. Just mentioning it because theres another game with a big favorite (Lie-Swi), but I'd stay away from that one because "Big name vs weak name + away game + friendly = 0:0" (Spain yesterday...). So if you need one that _has to hit_, take "Big name vs weak name + home game + EC qualifier" ;)

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8 15 players from World CUp, 5 new players, Sobolewski is injured.But I don't know who will plasy, I think coach will play 442. Squad(IMO) : Dudek-bak-bosacki - żewlakow- golanski(new) krzynowek - smolarek - szymkowiak - jelen - frankowski(new) - zurawski but this is only my opinion :)

Re: International Friendlies 15-16/8

this may well turn out to be a cellebrational/exhibition kinda match with a home win and Nedved scoring a goal.
Considering current situation, this is surely not going to be an exibition match for Serbia.The only problem is that Clemente has called up a bunch of young, Serbia U21, players like goalkeeper Stojkovic(FC Nantes), Ivanovic(Locomotiv Moscow), Bisevac(Red Star), Krasic(CSKA Moscow), Stepanov(Trabzonspor), Trisovic(Kryvbas), Lazovic(Vitesse),...,so it´s hard to say whether they´ll perform so well immediately, but surely they´re more than capable of surviving this match. Players OUT: Dragutinovic(FC Sevilla), Vidic(Manchester United), Krstajic(Schalke 04), Gavrancic(Dynamo Kiev), Milosevic(Osasuna), Dudic(RB Salzburg), Marko Basa(Le Mans)... Squad: Goalkeepers: Dragoslav Jevric (Ankaraspor), Vladimir Stojkovic (Nantes). Defenders: Milan Stepanov (Trabzonspor), Milan Bisevac (Red Star Belgrade), Ivanovic (Locomotiv Moscow), Marjan Markovic (Dynamo Kiev), Aleksandar Lukovic (Ascoli) Midfielders: Igor Duljaj (Shakhtar Donetsk), Nenad Kovacevic (Red Star Belgrade), Dejan Stankovic (Inter Milan), Ognjen Koroman (Portsmouth), Sasa Ilic (Galatasaray), Aleksandar Trisovic (Kryvbas), Krasic (CSKA Moscow) Strikers: Nikola Zigic (Red Star Belgrade), Danijel Ljuboja (VfB Stuttgart), Danko Lazovic (Vitesse Arnhem), Marko Pantelic (Hertha BSC)