Just A Theory....

DAC

I play about 2000 hands a month and maybe 40 or 50 S&G's mainly on Sporting and CD Poker. I've found that between 9pm and 2am on Sporting the no-limit tables are pretty much a free-for-all with any old tat being played but between 8am and 11am the poker is played much more by the book, which helps me grind out the old profits a little more easily. I've also found that around midnight on CD Poker, the STT's are populated by what I can only assume are pished up Yanks...and whilst I find it enjoyable to play against people who say things like "I can't believe you called me" and "Hey, thats not fair" it really is a profitable time to play (as long as I'm not drunnk myself). CD Poker also offers a more "straight" version on the No limit tables around mid-morning. Basically, am I kidding myself about what time of day to play or is there something in it??? My Monthly percentage on STT's at CD poker has been running at 68% and I'm eeking out around $125-$300 per month on sporting's cash tables.

Re: Just A Theory.... There are a lot of people who play ring games on a full time basis who all swear that there are more profitable times of day to play. Just by taking laddies and playing on a friday and saturday night after pubs closing time can be very profitable. I am sure it would be the same for STT's etc. I am sure playing the Americans late at night on certain sites would be the same as laddies.

Re: Just A Theory.... There is a definate surge on Sporting after about 6pm UK time on the no limit tables, the madness just seems to go up a notch or two. Obviously people getting home from work mad for a poker hit. I definately avoid it.

Re: Just A Theory.... I was up early (about 6am) on a sunday morning a week or two ago and decided to have a game or on SO. All I can say is wtf? Players were just going mental, I put it down to all the Americans just getting in from the pub after a saturday night out.

Re: Just A Theory.... I think your spot on, not sure what the times are but certainly at the weekends during the day on CD (I've paticularly noticed it here) I get more sensible games than I do later at night, when you get crazy calls and some really colourful and amusing abuse for taking out someones pair of 7s with your trip kings.

Re: Just A Theory....

when you get crazy calls and some really colourful and amusing abuse for taking out someones pair of 7s with your trip kings
God yes, they truly believe that if they make a raise you have to fold....and god help you if you have 38 outs and you make one the river.