Sporting Odds Champions League - Feedback for Joe

avongirl

After the mix up on Tuesday over blinds structure there's been a bit of discussion on here about the format of CL. I've taken it up with SO and they seem to be open to suggestions. My email is below. Post up your thoughts on here and no doubt Joe and the team will take our views on board, seeing as we make up just short of half of the regular CL players. :ok

Thanks for your feedback. I shall be picking this up with Joe Legge next week when he's back from holiday and I'll see what he thinks. I personally think it's actually a very good idea but I suspect we may be outnumbered somewhat by the hardcore CL'ers!

Seeing as you've raised the issue on the forum we'll keep any eye it and see what kind of feedback you get.

Kind regards, Jim Folliard Customer Care Supervisor SportingOdds.com Email: [email protected] Telephone: 08000 727727 (9am - 8pm) International: +44 207 553 4164

From: Sent: 04 August 2006 01:00 To: [email protected] Subject: RE: Champions League

Dear Jim, Thank you very much for the reimbursement, which is appreciated. There has been some discussion of the turbo format on our poker forum (PuntersLounge) and as you rightly say, some players do enjoy this. The main problem with Tuesday's game was the fact it was slipped in unannounced, into a tournament which has had a regular structure for the past few months. I only noticed the changed chipstack once seated at the table and thereafter looked at the blind structure. However perhaps an idea for future months would be to vary the format during the month, say with 5 turbo games, 5 standard and 5 deep-stack. This would then find a true 'champion' who showed skill at various styles of play. Obviously players could choose whether they wished to enter the different types. Anyway, just a thought, and perhaps you could forward the suggestion on to the relevant area. Thanks again for your help.

Re: Sporting Odds Champions League - Feedback for Joe I can see what you a trying to say Avon but I do not view turbo as a game of skill and would not play in the CL if it involved turbo but to be honest I dont play the CL much anyway. To find a true poker champion it would have to be done like a HORSE event but as I dont know how to play razz or eight it would have to be a HOS event for me :lol

Re: Sporting Odds Champions League - Feedback for Joe I think that's not a bad Idea but the deepstack might be a problem starting at the time it does, if there was to be a deepstack (a la Pokerstars) it would probably be better suited to the Sunday game so it can start earlier as even the standard game can run on a bit if it got a high subscription. I also think this wouldn't alienate too many people, it'd still get a better response than the $30 games they used to have.

Re: Sporting Odds Champions League - Feedback for Joe

Where could we get the ho's ?
well you for one, then there is teaulc and obviously morls is a top draw ho and would demand more, so I think we could make a HOS tourney

Re: Sporting Odds Champions League - Feedback for Joe The one point which i think is most important is that the person who wins this monthly competition goes into a LIVE game where time is not an issue. Therefore keep it as it is and has been for the last 2 months with structured points/blinds/breaks etc. Apart from software problems its a good comp with some good crack especially last night :ok

Re: Sporting Odds Champions League - Feedback for Joe i think as much as i enjoyed the turbo, short stack, 5 min blinds i was very lucky that night and believe the structure should stay the same as it has been...elmcroft has made a very valid point with regards to the LIVE game,and brian,what you trying to say :rollin :rollin

well you for one' date=' then there is teaulc and obviously morls is a top draw ho and would demand more, so I think we could make a HOS tourney[/quote'] That's the nicest thing anyones said to me today .......... I'm touched - or so most people say!:cry

Re: Sporting Odds Champions League - Feedback for Joe If it aint broken why fix it springs to mind :\ CL has been plodding along now for a few months and some lucky people, mainly pene, have won some great prizes. I say leave sportingodds to do their jobs without annoying the life out of them every 2 minutes with mail after mail after mail. Hope that doesn't sound harsh, but come on, it's hardly worth all the effort, if you don't like the format for any given night then don't play. Out of interest, I wonder what % of emails to SO comes from PL? We could run a guessing comp? ;)

Re: Sporting Odds Champions League - Feedback for Joe dunno what all the fuss is about???? the thing is fine the way it is. maybe a trip to vegas now and then would be good:) reading the letters and replys from some staff at sporting odds i do have to wonder sometimes....i suppose its faie enough to ask for a bit of feedback and that but sometimes you wonder if they just couldnt get on with it. the turbo was a mistake as far as im aware ...they changed it back to the way it was and thats it for me

Re: Sporting Odds Champions League - Feedback for Joe Despite being heavily outnumbered, I really like the 5 normal/5 turbo/5 deepstack idea personally. I'd LOVE to see it with Omaha, stud, and draw involved as well, even just 1 of each, but appreciate that most people would probably rather stick to hold'em so don't expect to see that change considered.

Despite being heavily outnumbered' date=' I really like the 5 normal/5 turbo/5 deepstack idea personally. I'd LOVE to see it with Omaha, stud, and draw involved as well, even just 1 of each, but appreciate that most people would probably rather stick to hold'em so don't expect to see that change considered.[/quote'] Fair point Jaded, Having only been playing poker a short time (you probably noticed :lol ) I have only ever played holdem, would not have a clue where to start with omaha, stud, draw etc. Holdem is a fascinating game I think, can't really imagine me ever learning the other ones. Or, is it more beneficial to your all round game to learn them?? :unsure Please advise :cheers

Re: Sporting Odds Champions League - Feedback for Joe Sorry dear I'm heavily with the leave it alone camp :spank If people want to play turbo there are hundreds of Turbo STTs every day where they can get their all-in fix every 20 seconds without having to turn a MTT into a game of bingo. :ok

Re: Sporting Odds Champions League - Feedback for Joe TBH I think avongirls main issue is not exactly the fact the game was a turbo, but the fact it wasnt advised until people had paid their entry and sat at a table - pls correct if I'm wrong. If tis is the case then I completely agree. Idid enjoy however the lotto the other night, as a change, but its not a game of skill but more of luck,I wouldnt want to do this every night btw, but I aslo agree not to bother SO as they seem to do lots for PL . All the best