** ELO Ratings are now back **

AA on the bubble would anyone fold?

robilaruk

AA on the bubble would anyone fold?  

1. 1.

• call you fecking muppet
    • fold? are you a muppet?

Re: AA on the bubble would anyone fold?

Some people seem to be thinking too much about the bubble here. Are you insterested in JUST making the money? If you are, fold. If you want to win the thing, call for gods sake - what kind of coward puts the best hand in the game down because they will make the money?? Take your "chance" and you might just be favourite after that.
This is a 5-player STT on the internet. One of many that damo has played and will play. I don't think the fame and endorsement deals he's gong to get by winning it rather than coming second would make up for reducing his expected winnings. But like everybody else, I think it's an obvious call in this case. What's the prize split in these things, by the way? 70/30?

Re: AA on the bubble would anyone fold? I agree GW - just wanted to spark a debate about folding into the money and the whys and hows What I 'forgot' ;) to mention in the original post was that I had played my usual tight game for ages and had been shoving as soon as the bubble arrived (with me having less than 1K in chips) every other hand or so I didn't want that to enter the thoughts of people on what cards would my oppo's shove - most people would probably assume premium PP to shove and call and i wanted people to think about whether calling against 2 'lesser' pairs was worth the call. If they knew I had been so active you could assume both on any 2 broadway, any PP and Ax etc as they have had enough of me constantly stealing in which case the AA is an easier call. Had the desired effect tho :) though I wasn't expecting 2 shoves! :rollin Cheers Damo

There does come a point where you might consider folding AA as a shortstack. If you had' date=' say, 10 chips and were looking to double up a dozen times just to have a playable stack, in a situation like this you probably have more positive expectation folding and hoping one takes the other out. You're nowhere near that point with this stack, should be calling it every day of the week, I'm struggling to see what there is to think about here :)[/quote']

There does come a point where you might consider folding AA as a shortstack. If you had' date=' say, 10 chips and were looking to double up a dozen times just to have a playable stack....[/quote'] I just realised - if you doubled up a dozen times in a row from 10 chips you'd actually have 40k in chips :D. Stand by my general point tho.

Barring a multi-same-payout tourny' date=' what are these situations? :D[/quote'] Like I say they're very rare, but pretty much the only time I would fold would be when folding would guarantee me a money place but winning the hand wouldn't give me a much better chance of winning. To demonstrate: Player1 has 3500 chips Player2 has 3500 Player3 (ME) has 500 If players 1 and 2 have gone all in then it would be sensible for me to fold and let one take the other out. If you call and win then you've still only got 1500 chips and would be a big dog to whoever picked up the side pot so you haven't really gained anything by calling but you have put your tournament at risk. To be honest I have never come across this situation and have never laid down AA pre-flop myself.

Like I say they're very rare, but pretty much the only time I would fold would be when folding would guarantee me a money place but winning the hand wouldn't give me a much better chance of winning. To demonstrate: Player1 has 3500 chips Player2 has 3500 Player3 (ME) has 500 If players 1 and 2 have gone all in then it would be sensible for me to fold and let one take the other out. If you call and win then you've still only got 1500 chips and would be a big dog to whoever picked up the side pot so you haven't really gained anything by calling but you have put your tournament at risk. To be honest I have never come across this situation and have never laid down AA pre-flop myself.
Hang on, that scenario looks fairly familiar:lol :lol :lol