PartyPoker Monster Series

GaF

PartyPoker Monster Series  

1. 1.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Vote NOW to decide focus game!!! I voted no, but if the poll was meant to close at 9 I'd better hold my hand up and say that I was slightly late voting - only just got in, and didn't read through to check the time or anything before clicking. Feel free to DQ the vote if you want!

Re: Vote NOW to decide focus game!!! The poll was just 24 hours mate - not to close at 9pm necessarily :sad That puts the no camp ahead :sad ROUND UP EVERYONE - any YES votes lurking? :hope 8 minutes remaining......

Re: Vote NOW to decide focus game!!! Right - I've deposited $50 into Party and intend to give the Monster games a real go - I hope to get into all of the Weekly $100,000!!!! I will keep playing the $6 STT's until I'm over $50, then play the monster $6 STTs until I qualify or fall below $50. Have played my first batch of 4 x $6 STTs (Multitabling) - a first and a third. Failed in my first Monster attempt :sad What blew me away was the speed of it!! If you ever multitable 4 x Boss STTs (what I usually do) - Party in comparison is fast as a bullet!!! People seem to play faster, the cards update faster ...... the whole experience is so fast!!!!!

Re: PartyPoker Monster Series I'm going to have a shot at this too but don't know whether to take the STT or MTT route. With MTT's there's cash prizes should you fail to hit the 3 qualifying spots but I'd be more confident of winning an STT which pays nowt bar the freeroll entry. :unsure Decisions, decisions! :lol

Re: PartyPoker Monster Series In terms of "Value" they are the same - so no disadvantage to trying the STT route..... Basically to get into the weekly "freeroll" final, you have to add $50 to the main event prize....... So a $5 + $1 STT only has a $50 prize fund, which means one entry is the only prize. A $10 + $1 STT has a $100 prize fund - so there is 1 seat AND $50 in prize money An MTT with 150 entrants at $5 + $1 has a $750 prize fund - they take $150 out for 3 seats and distribute the $600 left as cash....... So if your objective is the seat - then the $5 STT's look good (albeit with a 20% "rake"!!!!) Played all my Monster games last night, but didn't even come close :sad Should have left it till I was less tired..... need to get back to the normal STTs now to "earn" another shot.......

Re: PartyPoker Monster Series Cheers for that GaF? Makes sense... The other advantage to the STT's too is that they won't last as long. An MTT seems to be running for about 3 hours whereas I'd expect an STT to take about an hour. Add to that the fact you can start whenever you're ready to sit down (a big advantage when you've got 2 kids! :lol ) and they do look like good value. I'll have to look at building up my bankroll at Party Poker as I've only got about $23 there... back to the 5+1 STT's meantime I think! :cheers

Re: PartyPoker Monster Series Deposited $100 in to Party,played a few games and lost... don't like the software on this site. Anyway managed to get up to $254 through blackjack,withdraw original $100 so now sitting on $154 to try out this Monster Jackpot. Gaf did you just play sit and go's ? I've just entered a $22 MTT with 3 seats guaranteed for the $100K weekly...just kicked off and only has 30 entries! Starting stack 3000 chips.

Re: PartyPoker Monster Series Noticed that there is an $11 MTT going, started at 11.35am with 55 players, they allowed late registration but I think it was only for the first level, now has 60 players. Looks good value, not a rebuy, $510 in prizes + 3 entries to weekly final. Some of the $6 tournaments have terrible value, 300 players with prizes of $1050 + 3 entries. Think it is best to avoid the weekends and evenings for these!