More criticism please

ColU_FC

This was my last hand in the BetOnBet $10,000 freeroll last week. There's about 100 people left, 70 get paid, I've about an average stack. I'd played well to that point but I felt extremely annoyed with myself when I crashed out. Should I be annoyed or was my play OK? ** Game ID 864543320 starting - 2006-07-18 21:44:48 ** Summer Freeroll:Table 73 [Multi Table Hold 'em] (600.00|1200.00 No Limit - MTT) Real Money - tha_game666 sitting in seat 1 with $280.00 - Coffegeir sitting in seat 3 with $5555.00 - ColU_FC sitting in seat 4 with $8477.00 - NayZe sitting in seat 5 with $2796.00 - Sn0p- sitting in seat 6 with $8642.00 - morteulf sitting in seat 7 with $4461.12 - Rusty84 sitting in seat 8 with $11732.00 [Dealer] - Mattie_ sitting in seat 9 with $28637.76 - JakeTheCake9 sitting in seat 10 with $8405.00 Mattie_ posted the small blind - $300.00 JakeTheCake9 posted the big blind - $600.00 ** Dealing card to ColU_FC: Queen of Hearts, Ace of Hearts tha_game666 folded Coffegeir folded ColU_FC raised - $1800.00 NayZe went all-in - $2796.00 Sn0p- called - $2796.00 morteulf folded Rusty84 folded Mattie_ folded JakeTheCake9 folded ColU_FC called - $2796.00 ** Dealing the flop: 4 of Clubs, 7 of Spades, 8 of Hearts ColU_FC bet - $2400.00 Continuation bet, I'm trying to steal and get HU with NayZe Sn0p- called - $2400.00 Fook ** Dealing the turn: Jack of Hearts ColU_FC went all-in - $3281.00 I'm now thinking I haven't got enough chips left to make the money so it's shit or bust Sn0p- called - $3281.00 NayZe shows: Queen of Clubs, Queen of Diamonds Sn0p- shows: Ace of Clubs, Jack of Clubs ** Dealing the river: 5 of Clubs NayZe wins $9288.00 from the main pot Sn0p- wins $11362.00 from side pot 1 End of game 864543320

Re: More criticism please Be a little annoyed. Once the all-in was present then I wouldn't have committed any more chips unless I hit an A or Q. Why bother? If you had managed to knock the villain out of the hand and been heads up with the all in, then you still may not have won the hand AND managed to treble up a short stack. Check it down to the river, and allow the other to stay in the hand even if an A appeared, as there is more chance of the shortie going out against 2 opponents than 1. IF the villain had betted on the flop, then fold. You'll get to see what he had (even if he had a worse hand than you), and keep your chips where you need them. In your stack, and you can save them for another time. Try to look at it as losing the battle in order to win the war. Very unlucky with the J on the turn though. :ok

Re: More criticism please I know what you mean when you say "I'm now thinking I haven't got enough chips left to make the money so it's shit or bust" but that's where I feel you went wrong. You still had over 3K off chips which admittedly they won't last that long but when you put those final chips in it was a complete bluff. He had so many chips in the pot it was unlikely he'd fold. I liked the continuation bet from you, but as soon as he calls it you have to put him on something (OK I know he wasn't in this case but you weren't to know that). If he had re raised after the flop, what would you have done? After the called flop I would have checked the turn card and hoped that he would to and that another heart appears. However saying that I went out of the virgin V Points game last night doing something similar (big pre flop raise followed by an all in post flop bluff).

Re: More criticism please Why raise from 1200 to 1800? With blinds this big, I'd be inclined to open-push preflop. Or, re-raise all in after snop just called. Also, either check/fold or push the flop. Your push on the turn is nice, just a shame he's got the jack.

Re: More criticism please With 2 players calling a sizable raise (relative to stack sizes) id have to be inclined to think AQ was losing to AK in one spot and a pair in the other. I might fold here, or move in. I dont like calling in these spots. Too much money in the pot and an all in on the flop looks like a bluff anyway so your fate is sealed as soon as you call. You have to stick it in on the flop anyway.... As it happens you gave the guy an opportunity to get away from his horribly boned AJ. He didnt take it, and the prize for his chimpery was the Jack at the turn. I do wonder though how much of a favourite AQ is with 2 of its 6 "outs" missing - just an unlucky hand me thinks

Re: More criticism please I agree shove PF, or re-shove PF after snop calls the AI and defo shove the flop (if you are going to bet) - a continuation bet leaves you stuck and you can't lay it down with so much in the middle on the turn UL Damo

Why raise from 1200 to 1800? With blinds this big, I'd be inclined to open-push preflop. Or, re-raise all in after snop just called. Also, either check/fold or push the flop. Your push on the turn is nice, just a shame he's got the jack.