Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment.

Another EPL Under Tottenham v Middlesboro Odds 2
Spurs being involved in a low scoring game doesn't seem like the best bet in the world does it?! But that's the system I suppose. The MW sheets do throw up some strange looking predictions occasionally, but I guess that's true of any system. Merlin kindly supplied me with some updated sheets last month and I've been keeping them up to date (the top four English Leagues). I've also been trying to copy all MW's predictions and the actual results into a spreadsheet to try and measure the accuracy of the predictions. (As an excel novice it's taking some learning and I can see macros are obviously the way to go). Has anyone else done this , over a long period (mine only began a few weeks ago so there isn't a large pool of data to draw any conclusions from as yet)? Also, has anyone any new ideas for systems derived from these MW sheets? Perhaps we could all throw a few ideas out there, however odd they may seem and others could run with them or give their reasons in support or against, etc, and then a few more systems might be up and running ready for next season. I'm thinking Away predictions where the Away Win is not the favourite, if these aren't too rare. Or, backing "Any Unquoted" (basically either team getting 4 goals or more) on Betfair correct score market when there are four or more goals predicted for the game, because this suggests weak defences, powerful attacks. These are just ideas off the top of my head without any great statistical data to back them up, but you get the idea. If this is the wrong place for this then I apologise. Otherwise, let's brainstorm. Ed

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... hi there FF great to have your input. It's a bit late to be looking at systems for these sheets for this season as there are only a matter of weeks left. A couple of ideas spring to mind for next season, monitoring all 0-0 selections with under 2.5 goals in mind. Also monitoring various leagues to check correct weekly predictions to see if there is any leverage in backing all of these say in one league.I seem to remember Serie A being quite good this season.All that would be needed would be one double to just about break even, two correct and we are laughing.A little food for thought!;)

Norms Man Utd @ 1.63 :wall Liverpool @ 2.38 :clap Doncaster @ 2.00 :wall Peterboro @ 2.82 :clap Mk Dons @ 2.72 :clap Crawley @ 2.18 :clap +2's Kidderminster @ 3.05 :eyes Inter @ 1.65 (sun) :clap
Tables +2's
Total Staked210.00
Total Returned195.69
Yield0.932-6.81%
Winners11
Losers10
Strike Rate52%
Current Bank85.69
Profit / Loss-14.31
Norms
Total Staked400.00
Total Returned503.67
Yield1.25925.92%
Winners22
Losers18
Strike Rate55%
Current Bank203.67
Profit / Loss103.67
Midweek picks if any later....

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Excellent results, Clarky, on the "norms". :clap What is particularly impressive is that the system is holding up even now that we are into the usually unpredictable end-of-season period. Well done and stick with it :ok

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... Have not had much time lately to follow the 3-0 system.Usually at this time of year I call a halt due to itty bitty results that go beserk.So I think I may well cut off at this point and restart next season.Will have a think about it.:ok

And i can only offer one +2 for the weekend :\ Real Madrid @2.66 :clap
+2 Table
Total Staked250.00
Total Returned255.24
Yield1.0212.09%
Winners14
Losers11
Strike Rate56%
Current Bank105.24
Profit / Loss5.23

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Nearly there fella's....just two picks this weekend,one in each... Norms Arsenal @ 1.90 +2's Bayern Munich @ 2.12 Doubt if there will be any more picks this season so i will be posting the tables after sundays results....

• 2 months later...

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Well some months have passed & AS Roma did'nt win for the +2's last time out, but with the new season about to appear i'm going to start this again with the same criteria as last time.. you know MW sheets + RFO ratings... should i wait until September or start now ?? I've got a little prob with the conference sheets at the mo so until thats sorted there will be no picks from that div......anyways only 2 picks for the NORMS this opening week Watford Rochdale Paper trailing for August for the proper start in September with a starting bank of 100 & 10pts per pick..:hope:hope:ok:ok