U19 Euro Champs in Poland

Well the whole thing is covered by Eurosport and I've seen two matches Spain v Turkey The result was 5-3 after Spain led 4-1 and then 4-3 with the last goal scored just seconds from time. Spain were very impressive, yet allowed Turkey to play well for some ten minutes in the second half which proved very costly (2 goals). Still the Spaniards looked a much better side. Poland v Austria Unlike the above match, this was just a lukewarm performance by both with the home side (the Poles) going 0-1 and unable to reply due to totally toothless attack. A shame as there were quite a lost of their fans watching the game. Don't know about the othe rtwo matches. The next round sems to be on Thursday. Note - it's a normal 90 min format, not 80 min which is usual for most youth comps.

Re: U19 Euro Champs in Poland I enjoyed the Turkey-Spain match...Two sides with strong offensive powers...I was on x2 Turkey not to lose, tought 1.55 for Spain is not fair tough they have very talented youngster from well-known Spanish clubs... (Ok, A bit subjective maybe) but luckily I made a nice profit on live betting (Over 5.5 goals after 3-1) ... Two favourites to win the title...I must say that two teams with powerfull offensive skills...Spain's offensive power relies mostly on middle-field, good wingers as well...But their defence seemed a bit shaky, but I guess due to the fact that it was first match and they allowed strong Turkish middlefielders (Arda especally) to possess the ball...Their defence will be better in the next matches...But I can't say the same things for Turkish defence...A hard task for the coach to deal with :eyes Some matches live on TV here as well...So we may share someinfo about the teams Tulenos;)

Re: U19 Euro Champs in Poland I'm afraid there is much info bar the live broadcast. BTW, one Spaniard, Matta (???) scored a hattrick and blew quite a few chances as well. Ilhan on the Turkish side was an impressive forward and scored two in the process as well - operated just on the line of the offside trap and often beat it too. As I said, not only the match, but both sides looked very flat indeed in the Poland v Austria match (Austria not the best scorers in the qualies either, max 1 goal per match, I believe. Two matches on Eurosport tomorrow btw.;)

Re: U19 Euro Champs in Poland Poland just won 4-1 with Belgium and this is mainly due to change from 4-5-1 to more offensive 4-4-2 (from time to time changing to 4-5-1 anyways BTW). Great performance by Legia forward Janczyk. Seemed that Belgium couldn't handle the play and Poland most of their goals scored after counter attacks. Now it is very interesting group because every team has 3 points. Spain beating everyone like they want and clear favourite to win the title. Real Madrid Mata guy a piece of great striker - especially lob with Turkey made me look like :loon But I hope Poland will mess in this tourny something more:)

Re: U19 Euro Champs in Poland Tip Detail Sport Football (Internationals) Event Turkey U19 v Scotland U19 Selection Turkey U 19 Strength 6/10 Date 23/07/2006 Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.97 (Back) Reasoning This is the last matches to reache the second Elite Rounds as you can see the formation of the tournament below....Turkey actually started tournament with a loss expected against Spain, favourite to win the cup...But the unexpected point is that the defence, they were not that bad at the prep, period, but they did unbelievle mistakes, and allowed easy goals, the result was 5-3 and the same continued against Portugal in amatch that they got 4-4 draw at the end thanx to Turkey's attacking power...They have very talented strikers and a good offensive line, İlhan, and Arda shining talents...Scotland started good a draw against Protugal, tough they were leading 2-0 but couldn't keep the score...and thrashed later by Spain 4-0 ...They have some offensive talents like Hibernian FC striker Fletcher, but seems that they have some defensive prob, imo, like all young teams here...THe tournament full of goals...I believe both teams will allow goals but the one who scores more will win here and Turkey will be that as Pamiroglu, Turkish coach stated. "We came close to exiting the competition but it is all part of a progressive three-step master plan: we lost the first game, drew the second and so we'll win the third against Scotland!" Below from UEFA com: Three-stage competition Qualification for the final tournament involves two stages, the qualifying and Elite rounds. Traditionally, the qualifying round involving groups of four teams is played between August and December, with the top two teams from each group, and the best third-placed country, joining the three sides with the highest coefficients who begin their campaigns in the Elite round. The Elite round features seven groups of four teams with the winner of each group joining the hosts for the final tournament. Final tournament - Group phaseGroup A Pld Pts Poland 2 3 Czech Republic 2 3 Austria 2 3 Belgium 2 3 Group B Pld Pts Spain 2 6 Portugal 2 2 Turkey 2 1 Scotland 2 1

Re: U19 Euro Champs in Poland Turkey price down to 1.84 on BF:( Also think Belgium must have a good chance to beat the Austrians and the odds of 2.6ish represent quite good value imo. The Poland v Czech Rep match is a bit dificult to call - Czechs rightfully favourites, but the Poles looked 100 per cent better LTO than in the first match. Lastly, Spain are only 1.72 to beat Portugal which is about the only team able to live with them. Couldn't expect higher odds at all, but with NOTHING at stake for the Spanish - will top the group anyway - and remembering the last 40 mins in the Spain v Scotland match which was a great example of unpunishable time-wasting by the Spanish, yet absolutely unwatchable, I would not bet on them. If pushed Portugal +1/2 ball would be the call as they need to win to be sure of promotion or at least to draw to hope.

Re: U19 Euro Champs in Poland FT UEFA U19 Turkey U19 2-3 (0-1) Scotland U19 :wall :wall :wall Welll, well, they do that all the time ....Early goals and rushing to equalize, but couldn't manage that time... I am on Belgium, to save some o I lost :eyes

Re: U19 Euro Champs in Poland The semis on tomorrow. It's quite strange the Eurosport schedule reads the 2.30 semifinal is shown live while the Betfair site shows the 5.30 semifinal as live. We'll see I guess. The early match will see Spain trying to beat Austria which should be no problem as the Austrians got here God knows how. 1.4 Spain on BF. The later match will see the Czechs trying to beat the Scots. Well, the Czech often start in a lukewarm style while the Scots rush onto the pitch. The second half tends to be vice versa, the Czechs all over the pitch while the Scottish defence unable to cope for the whole 90 minutes. 1.8 for the Czech victory looks good enough, although I would say half the stake and lump the second half on the Czechs after some 25 minutes or at HT as they can easily get one behind (although they have a very good defense) or just play 0-0 for a longer period of the first half. Best of luck whatever you back. Well, and the over 2.5 in the Spain match looks tasty - haven't checked the odds though. The Spanish score for fun (although the Austrians will most probably help the over very little as they are the most impotent side in the tourney. BEWARE - the touney is taking place in Poland as if the weather is anywhere near the Czech standards these days, the early match will see some lazy footy as you can't really perform in 35 centigrades - the later match should be better but not much. Still blazing hot as I'm writing and playing footy is the last thing I would be thinking of - it's too fooking hot to even screw a babe - the thing is it's not only hot but absolutely dry as well (no humidity in the air). Can anyone confirm the weather in Poland atm?

Re: U19 Euro Champs in Poland So Tulesnos, do you think the Czechs vs Scots game could be a cagey affair? The total goals market on betfair is very low in reaction to the general high scoring in the tornament, and I was thinking of maybe laying 5 or more goals at around 5.00 and then trading out later. what cha think?

Re: U19 Euro Champs in Poland

So Tulesnos, do you think the Czechs vs Scots game could be a cagey affair? The total goals market on betfair is very low in reaction to the general high scoring in the tornament, and I was thinking of maybe laying 5 or more goals at around 5.00 and then trading out later. what cha think?
Well, it could be a cagey affair, but what would retract me from this is the fact the Scottish defence tends to last 45 - 60 mins. They could well last a bit longer, but the Czech will put them under pressure in the second half for sure so anything is possible. Another thing is this market will be as good as dead, it's never very lively in bigger matches and there is hardly any liquidity in this "minor" tourney. If you wanna trade, I'd use the over/under market, but it's very risky. Hmm... didn't help much, I suppose:unsure

Re: U19 Euro Champs in Poland Glad I was of some help - the unders never looked in doubt, although the Czechs missed a few sitters as well. I'm afraid the Scots are nowhere near the level Spain are at. Will be interesting to see the price on Spain to win the final. Spain and overs for me, odds permitting.;)

Re: U19 Euro Champs in Poland Today is the final: Spain U19 v. Scotland U19 There is a big difference between the two teams, Spain is the favourite to win the tournament. THe way they arrived to the final is totally different, only one draw for Spain and running over all the other teams, they just relaxed a bit playing with Portugal once they were ready to go to the next stage. Scotland is in the final just doing what they had to do... only one big score against Andorra and winning some games for ONE goal... Spain already beat Scotland by 4-0 in the group stages, and even that today is the final I don't think there will be much difference, so here my picks for today: Half Time/Full Time -> Spain U19/SpainU19 @ 1.81 (betfair) 10/10 Total Goals -> 3 goals or more @ 1.42 (betfair) 10/10 :hope

Re: U19 Euro Champs in Poland Thx - a bit of a profit overall, hopefully some more managed to make some money on the Spanish goal machine and other teams as well. Didn;t see the final and wouldn't back Spain @ 1.25 anyway, even though they were as close to a banker as you get;)