STT - All in Strong or Weak ??

AJ

STT - All in Strong or Weak ??  

1. 1.

• Strong player
    • weak player

Got thinking about this recently, as I found myself doing it a few times, when you're playing a STT and someone goes all in, early rounds, either pre flop or at the flop, is it a sign of a strong player or a weak player. I used to think it was a bold strong move, but I now think it shows bombastic empty fear, and is a clear indication of a weak player. If you have a good pocket pair, then surely it's better to see the flop at least, before committing yourself, afterall three 2's will beat a pair of aces. Even all in at the flop with a made hand is a sign of weakness imho, it doesn't extract the value, 95% of times people will fold and you'll scoop a very small pot. For me the only time to go all in, is with a strong made hand, if I'm reraised I'm coming to the conculsion, that "all in" can indicate a slight lack of confidence in their hands, where they don't have the balls to take it to the river and extract proper value.

Re: STT - All in Strong or Weak ?? It's a very weak play - and I can't understand it. If you play a hand you want to extract as much as you can out of it - and if you're scared of someone taking you on, don't get involved in the first place. HOWEVER...there are two scenarios where I'll go all-in early - both with monster hands. a) The very first hand in low stakes STT's. I've been called enough times to make it amazingly profitable. b) I have an awful table image - and have just been caught.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.