Hodgey On Telly

guesswest

Just watched it myself - very well played :clap Ok to download this you need a bit torrent client. I'm suggesting Bit Tornado - it's not the best client by any means, but it does everything necessary and has a pretty straightforward interface. Install it from here: www.bittornado.com - it'a silent program so when it's installed you won't see it anywhere, but it's there - installing it means something happens when you click on a .torrent file. Then go here to open the torrent: http://www.meganova.org/download/d9ae46555d668f2b2172ef5b87e3a1914841c36c.torrent Just select open/run and it should open up Bit Tornado and start downloading. And that's all there is to it :) It'll start off slow, getting quicker as more people get on the torrent and have more data to share about. You don't have to do any of this stuff, but for anyone that wants to, a few tips that might improve download speed: 1. In 'advanced' change the ports to a big number with a range of about 10, for instance 12980 thru 12990. There's no added benefit in selecting a range bigger than 10. 2. Disable your firewall, or open up the ports you selected 3. Disable 'automatic' under speed and cap your upload, I'd suggest about 5kBs for dial-up, 15kBs for half meg connections, 30 for 1 meg, 50 for 2 meg and 80 for 4meg+ 3. If you're on BT (as in british telecom, not bit torrent), try downloading overnight, because they throttle torrent traffic during the day :( I've made it fairly small at 600mb, tho it'll still take a while on slower connections. But you can stop and restart a torrent whenever you like, it'll resume fine, so you don't have to get it all at once.

Re: Hodgey On Telly Yep it's fine. The problem is I'm the only seed, so it's alternating uploads - it'll stop and start for a bit while you lot take it in turns leeching. It's uploading different data to different peers, so fairly soon that'll be swarming and it'll upload to you continuously.

Re: Hodgey On Telly Forgot to mention. I encoded this with a fairly common codec, so it's likely most people will be able to play it fine as is. But if it doesn't work it's because of a missing codec - instead of faffing around finding the right codec, if it doesn't work, just grab VLC. It's the best media player out there, is free, and has all the codecs under the sun packaged with it - can get it here: www.videolan.org

Re: Hodgey On Telly Got it - cheers Guess :-)) Well done Hodgey - looks a great set up and you did really well!!! (maybe lacking a little aggression, but I can understand given the situation). Was there no post game interview? Everyone else was interviewed - but not you :unsure ........ You were top Brit (half the field!!!) too........ BTW - who went on to win?

Re: Hodgey On Telly

Got it - cheers Guess :-)) Well done Hodgey - looks a great set up and you did really well!!! (maybe lacking a little aggression, but I can understand given the situation). Was there no post game interview? Everyone else was interviewed - but not you :unsure ........ You were top Brit (half the field!!!) too........ BTW - who went on to win?
Thanks mate. Yes it did have a nice feel to it. To be fair I didn't really get cards I could be aggressive with. Sure there was one hand where I would have won, but there was a flush on the board and I think it had paired too, so my pocket 2's didn't fill me with too much confidence! :( Yeah I got interviewed by some fit model after I was knocked out. :D Can't remember her name! Leanne something or other. Andy went on to win. Is the whole show not on the avi, or did you ust stop watching?

Andy went on to win. Is the whole show not on the avi' date=' or did you ust stop watching?[/quote'] No - after you are knocked out, there's a little from week 1, but it doesn't show the end or your interview - there's just over an hour overall. Nice pose at the beginning too :lol :lol :lol

Re: Hodgey On Telly Hmmm, that's strange. My interview comes after the re-run of the final hands of week 1. Guess - maybe you did need all 4 vob's after all? :unsure Never mind..

Nice pose at the beginning too :lol :lol :lol
:rollinNatural! :lol

Re: Hodgey On Telly Right - I'm uploading again - working? Not sure how to "seed" (or if that makes a difference) Someone is taking from me at 28kb/s (which is about my limit to upload - on 512/256) - so seems to be working......

I've got to turn off my comp now Newbie' date=' but will be back tomorrow if you need someone to upload[/quote'] I'm not leaving my comp on overnight either I'm afraid - so you might be better starting afresh tomorrow Newbie

Re: Hodgey On Telly looked good out there hodgey :clap don't think I'd have played your hands any differently although always easy to think I might have bluffed at a couple when I can see what the others have ! anyone else find it a bit embarrassing that Mrs Colclough thinks her A high flush might be a split pot :eyes

anyone else find it a bit embarrassing that Mrs Colclough thinks her A high flush might be a split pot :eyes
I wondered if she was just putting on a dumb blonde act. There was also the time when that guy flopped a straight and pushed the button for his time bank. The commentators were going on about how clever this was, pretending he had a difficult decision, but it seemed to me it would have been a lot more convincing if he'd waited until he'd used up most of his normal time before pushing the button. (Or maybe he did, but that got edited out?)

I wondered if she was just putting on a dumb blonde act. There was also the time when that guy flopped a straight and pushed the button for his time bank. The commentators were going on about how clever this was, pretending he had a difficult decision, but it seemed to me it would have been a lot more convincing if he'd waited until he'd used up most of his normal time before pushing the button. (Or maybe he did, but that got edited out?)
agree it was a clever idea but to me he did it at the wrong time - just a simple call in his position would have been better and leave the tactic for after the turn or river. :ok

Do I need to do anything special to upload for Newbie or do i just open the program? :unsure
I think you just open the program, using the same .torrent file. Having said that, that's what I've done and nothing seems to be happening.