Golf, the open

Re: Golf, the open Tiger - the guy is awesome. None of his challengers had the bottle to play par golf & WAIT for the opportunities, instead they tried to out play woods which no one can do!! Di Marco was the only one with a clear head but you cant beat Woods when he goes Birdie, Birdie, Birdie 14th, 15th & 16th! Plus he carries himself so well, the emotion on the final green was unbelievable & i felt for the guy, as he putted in picked his ball out & then shrieked some emotion for a change, when he hugged his caddy, he wouldnt let go & the tears came. I am privileged to have been watching the best golfer (perhaps of all time)!! :notworthy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Golf, the open Yep, totally agree bowles, Tiger didn't put a foot wrong all week. He came with a game plan and stuck to it, hitting a phenomenal 85.7% of fairways in the 4 rounds. When anyone came close to him, he always seemed to have another gear, and pulled away from the chasing pack. Tiger has reached 11 major titles at the age of 30 - 2 years younger than Jack Nicklaus got to 11, I won't be backing against Woods breaking Nicklaus's record of 18 majors. I just wish I had put a bit more on him! I was gutted to see Adam Scott double bogey the 18th - sitting nicely in the top 5 after 71 holes meaning my 40/1 ew on him was looking good. Verplank and Ogilvy also performed decently but neither had quite enough. But thanks to Tiger, a nice bit of profit!:nana :nana Steve.