** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

ATP Nottingham & Ordina Open & WTA Eastbourne 18th-24th June

Re: ATP Nottingham & Ordina Open & WTA Eastbourne 18th-24th June Can't believe I missed a chance to fade Muller against Melzer for 1.6 :(. It's not like that was a hard choice to make. This tourny snuck up on me, was thinking a start tomorrow.

Re: ATP Nottingham & Ordina Open & WTA Eastbourne 18th-24th June I reckon Wang is a good bet to upset Hrbaty. I mentioned that I was condidering him in the first round at Queen's but decided not to play it in the end. He beat Bjorkman in straight sets and followed it up by knocking out Davydenko before losing to Tursunov in 3. Hrbaty has been poor all season and is worth opposing on his first outing on his least favourite surface. Currently 2.5 on bet365.

Re: ATP Nottingham & Ordina Open & WTA Eastbourne 18th-24th June Really like that play A-Team, good early price too:ok

SportTennis
EventATP Nottingham
SelectionWANG v Hrbaty
Strength10/10
Date19/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 2.37 (Back)
ReasoningI feel like I've been opposing Hrbaty all year and it's been working pretty well, and I see no reason not to do it again tomorrow. He has got nothing going all year and has had a shocking run of results for a player of his quality. After the French he decided to go play a challenger on clay in Prostejov where to be fair he reached the final but then lost to Jan Hajek (who??). He's shocking on grass and that is shown in his 5-10 record on the surface since 2000. Considering the year that he's had I can't really see him finding form here. I'm basing my whole assessment of Jimmy Wang as what he did at Queens last week; he beat Bjorkman and Davydenko then lost to Tursunov in 3 sets. That's more than enough quality for me to think he can take care of Hrbaty. The only time I've seen him play on grass was in 2004 losing to Roddick in the first round of Wimbledon after qualifying - that day he looked capable on grass and kept the score respectable and pushed Roddick a bit.

Re: ATP Nottingham & Ordina Open & WTA Eastbourne 18th-24th June Hi guys, We start the week with the following pick: ATP TOUR, ORDINA OPEN, 's-Hertogenbosch HERNYCH TO D LEDOVSKYH @ 1.54 on betfair ATP TOUR, NOTTINGHAM TIPSAREVIC TO D BLOOMFIELD @ 1.3 on pinnacle WAWRINKA TO D SEPPI 2.54 on pinnacle WTA TOUR, HASTINGS, EASTBOURNE CRAYBAS TO D ARVIDSSON @ 2.53 on betfair Jan Hernych has solid results on grass - last year he reached a SF of Ordina Open, defeated Blake and lost a very close match to Hewitt on Wimbledon. The young Russian qualifier Ledovskyh has never won a match against top 100 player, and its his first ATP level match of 2006. A very talented former junior world number 1 Janko Tipsarevic is just another baseliner who likes playing on grass - he defeated Murray last week and came through qualifying here. Bloomfield, like Ledovskih has never beaten a top 100 player and its his first match on the main tour in 2006. In a battle of two clay court players Wawrinka and Seppi it looks like a 50/50 match, which is, naturally, a value bet @ 2.54. The H2H is 3-2 to Seppi in 5 very close matches but Wawrinka has won both matches on fast surfaces. Similarly to Wawrinka-Seppi match, Craybas-Arvidsson is looking like another 50/50 match at 2+ odds. Arvidsson is completely out-of-form in the last 2-3 months, last week she lost to a 15 y.o. Japanese player Morita in Birmingham, while Craybas showed her good grass court expertise by defeating Serena Williams at last year's Wimbledon. www.WinningTipster.com

Re: ATP Nottingham & Ordina Open & WTA Eastbourne 18th-24th June Well that was pathetic from Wang:wall. Hopefully we'll get better tomorrow....

SportTennis
EventATP Nottingham
SelectionMAHUT v Malisse
Strength10/10
Date20/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 2.87 (Back)
ReasoningThis looks a decent price on a guy in form. Last week he showed some good stuff and got a big win over Stepanek before losing to Henman but still he played pretty well. He's generally got a good record on grass and I think he can get a decent win here. Malisse is regarded as a good grass court player but that tends to be at Wimbledon, he hasn't done too well in the past in the warm up events. This is his first match on grass and his first match since losing in the first round of the French and I think he's definately opposable.

Re: ATP Nottingham & Ordina Open & WTA Eastbourne 18th-24th June

SportTennis
EventATP Ordina
SelectionKOHLSCHREIBER v Davydenko
Strength10/10
Date20/06/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.22 (Back)
ReasoningWe all know Davydenko is the far superior player here, however, he is very poor on grass. His record stands at 1-9 on grass and his only win was in Scott Draper (he's the out of shape guy that tried to be a pro Golfer and Tennis player) last match. Kohlschreiber has improved a lot this year I feel, and I think he can be effective on grass. He lost to Nieminen last week but I prefer to look at what he did last year; in Halle he beat Pim Pim Johansson and Jimmy Wang before losing to Federer, here at Ordina he beat Lisnard and Soderling before losing to Hernych then at Wimbledon lost to Gasquet in 4 sets at a time when Gasquet was totally on fire. I think that record is pretty good and good enough for me to think he can take care of Davydenko.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventLopez v Rochus
SelectionRochus
Strength10/10
Date20/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceBlue Square @ 1.44 (Back)
ReasoningNottingham Last years wimbledon quarter finalist, Lopez, hasn't looked too good since hurting his shoulder in Dubai but to be honest he has had some tough first round draws, however, he did lose to Braccali in straight sets down at Queens though. Rochus reached the semi finals here last year he's just beaten Safin and Waske on Grass in Halle last week before meeting Federer.
Marie T

Re: ATP Nottingham & Ordina Open & WTA Eastbourne 18th-24th June Cheers mate, hopefully we can hit some more tomorrow:ok

SportTennis
EventATP Nottingham
SelectionSIMON v Vacek
Strength10/10
Date21/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.82 (Back)
ReasoningVacek played and lost in qualifying and after getting a big win over ToJo he seems a bit overrated here. In that match Johansson was having problems with his eye, and seemed to have an abdominal problem and was complaining about the condition of the court (I know someone who saw the match, only the complaining about the court has been widely reported). Good for him that he got the win but I can't really use that as an indicator of form. Simon has been great this season, he had so many good wins and picked up some solid results. He doesn't have much of a history on grass, but came through fine in the first round against qualifier Kunitsyn and I think the difference in class will tell here. £4482 available.

Re: ATP Nottingham & Ordina Open & WTA Eastbourne 18th-24th June There are a lot of favourites priced around 1.5ish that look pretty solid, but I don't think this week is a good time to get involved in favourites like that, so I think I'll leave them:unsure. Might end up playing 1 or 2 in the morning:lol

SportTennis
EventATP Queens
SelectionSODERLING v Mahut
Strength10/10
Date21/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceSportingodds @ 1.57 (Back)
ReasoningThis play may seem a little strange considering Mahut did the job for me yesterday but I don't fancy him today. I think he was a little lucky against Malisse being very close to defeat in the second set and the Belgian losing his temper in the third. Soderling had a very tough one against Gimelstob where he came through in 3 tiebreaks - but as I mentioned last week, Gim can be very strong on grass and yesterday he was really annoying Soderling taking a long time between points so I'm impressed Robin managed to keep his head and get the win. He has a great game for grass and looked in decent form last week so I fancy him to get through this one.

SportTennis
EventATP Ordina
SelectionKOHLSCHREIBER v Benneteau
Strength10/10
Date21/06/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.54 (Back)
ReasoningKohlschreiber simply brushed Davydenko off the court yesterday and I was very impressed with his performance. Everything I said about him then still holds and I can see another comfortable victory here. Benneteau has a very average 5-7 record on grass and the only reason it's that good is he won 3 rounds qualifying for Wimbledon in 2004! He beat an Aussie qualifier Sirianna in the first round - I know nothing about him, except that he's 31, ranked 541 and his highest rank was 199 in 2003, so clearly he isn't up to much. Kohlschreiber also sounded very confident in his interview after the game yesterday, and he's the type og guy that when he gets on a roll is very tough to stop. H2H is 2-0 to Kohlscreiber, both very easy on hard courts in the USA.

Re: ATP Nottingham & Ordina Open & WTA Eastbourne 18th-24th June Feeling confident after the Simon win....

SportTennis
EventATP Nottingham
SelectionLAY BRACCIALI v Gasquet (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date21/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.10 (Lay)
ReasoningGasquet had a pretty tough one yesterday, but I think he'll be better for coming through it, and he should be strong today. I was impressed with him last week against Fed and I think he's starting to find form. He's here to defend his title and I cannot see Bracciali stopping him. He lost to Mirnyi very easily last week and in the first round here came through a final set tie break against Almagro saving several set points and that was a huge struggle. He should have been able to dominate that match and I think Gasquet will be able to take care of him easily. The lay is a good way to go here, getting a price of ~1.48 which is a lot better than the 1.40 offered by most bookies. Also the liquidity is a lot better on this lay side than the back Gasquet side which is a little strange but I'll take it. £5674 available.

Re: ATP Nottingham & Ordina Open & WTA Eastbourne 18th-24th June Cheers mate:ok

SportTennis
EventATP Ordina
SelectionFERRERO v Serra
Strength10/10
Date22/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.64 (Back)
ReasoningThis looks a decent price on Ferrero, who often seems under rated on grass. His record on grass is 14-9 since 2000 and to be honest I think that's very very good. We need to remember he's often hit the grass after a long clay season and for a couple of years straight after a final at the French. His 9 losses include Federer, Grosjean, Ginepri (remember watching that one and Ginepri was nailing everything, awesome) and Rusedski. Also Haas at home in Halle and Hewitt and Philippoussis in 5 sets in Australia in the Davis Cup final. Overall I don't think there's anything to be ashamed of there. This week he's had a couple of 3 setters, but Melzer is a tough opponent on grass and that was a good win after a poor start. Serra has had a couple of decent wins against Robredo and Schuettler but I think too much of that is factored into this price. His instincts are to be more defensive and that will allow Ferrero to open up and use his forehand more. It's not on clay but this should still be played the way Ferrero wants it and I think he's a good favourite for this. £283 available.
SportTennis
EventATP Ordina
SelectionKOHLSCHREIBER v Baghdatis
Strength10/10
Date22/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 2.50 (Back)
ReasoningOh come on what's going on with this price! I've backed Kohlschreiber in the first two rounds and I see absolutely no reason to stop backing him. He's came through so far without dropping a set and is hitting the ball really well and serving well. I've already mentioned his history on grass so no need to repeat let's just keep riding the train! Baghdatis had a massive struggle with Minar in the first round then beat Spadea but he's so inconsistant and generally poor outisde America that I don't rate that win. For me he's not going to be a good grass court player, at least not for a few years yet, and I fancy the German in this one at a good price.

SportTennis
EventATP Nottingham
SelectionSODERLING v Tipsarevic
Strength10/10
Date22/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 1.44 (Back)
ReasoningThis price may be considered a little short for a week like this, but it's a standout price and I really like it. Soderling had a very tough first round match against Gimelstob and did well to come through (as I mentioned yesterday) then he turned it on against Mahut in a fine performance. I think he's primed for a good run here and possibly at Wimbledon and he should have the firepower to take care of Tipsarevic. Last week Tipsarevic did well against a poor Murray but then had a bit of a shocker against Ginepri which was a poor performance. This week looks better, coming through qualifying and 2 rounds. However, he beat 3 poor Brits in qualifying then another, Bloomfield, in the first round, so he's had an awesome draw! He beat Srichaphan today which is a very good win buy Paradorn isn't the player he was a couple of years ago and by all accounts the Thai threw the match away in the third. I think Tipsarevic will be found out against Soderling, and this should be pretty comfortable.

I've hit form too early' date=' there's going to be nothing left for Wimbledon:$. 4-0 today, now +50.2pts for the week:ok[/quote'] At least you got some funds to play with @ Wimbledon;)

SportTennis
EventWTA Ordina
SelectionDANIILIDOU b Safina
Strength10/10
Date23/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 3.25 (Back)
ReasoningDaniilidou won this tournament in 2002 beating Mauresmo, Henin and Dementieva on the way. She's never been back since then (not certain why) but this week she appears to be picking up that sort of form again. Her game is perfectly suited to grass and this is the surface where she tends to pick up her best results. She's had solid wins over Peng and Dulko and a retirement against Suarez. I'm not sure about Safina on grass, it should suit her game but I'm not sure about her movement and she hasn't picked up any great results on grass in the past. She hasn't looked too convincing this week and at this sort of price she is certainly opposable.

Re: ATP Nottingham & Ordina Open & WTA Eastbourne 18th-24th June Well, haven't been following the tournaments this week, but is Hernych actually through to the semis @ Ordina and playing unpredictalbe Serra as a barking dog? Not sure I'd be risking anything on the match, but it looks a bit of an overprice on the Czech up and coming (?) one.

SportTennis
EventWTA Ordina
SelectionDANIILIDOU b Safina
Strength10/10
Date23/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 3.25 (Back)
ReasoningDaniilidou won this tournament in 2002 beating Mauresmo' date= Henin and Dementieva on the way. She's never been back since then (not certain why) but this week she appears to be picking up that sort of form again. Her game is perfectly suited to grass and this is the surface where she tends to pick up her best results. She's had solid wins over Peng and Dulko and a retirement against Suarez. I'm not sure about Safina on grass, it should suit her game but I'm not sure about her movement and she hasn't picked up any great results on grass in the past. She hasn't looked too convincing this week and at this sort of price she is certainly opposable.
An interesting pick, going have a few quid on her myself after reading this.:ok :hope