my vegas trip

ubermonkey1

got back from my trip to la and vegas on saturday thought id post about the highs and lows. it was ok in la nice and sunny about 90 degrees) just done the touristy bits and relaxed a bit . vegas was a wee bit hotter when we got there :@ :@ :@ :@ a mind scorching 120 degrees ,we stopped in death valley on the journey between for about 2 minutes then quickly got back into our air conned car before we died:eek the first day there was a bit of a blow to my gambling fund :\ $1000 wpt satelitte in the mandalay bay where i was staying. i got to my table saw one face i sort of recognised on my table but no big celeb pros (tj cloutier was on the next table along tho). it was a lot crazier than i expected so i kept my head down a little(helped by a very bad run of hole cards and some whopping raises from others ) and a couple of people were out inside the first 20 hands with pretty poor hands which amazed me at such a high buy in. my cards then improved a bit, won a few pots lost a few and was a little up but still not getting a great deal of help from the dealer,then back to the poor hole cards again :cry as a fair bit of time had gone by, the blinds were eating away at my stack and we went down to 4 players i had about 5x the bb . the small blind a pretty reckless female player put me all in ,she had been very aggressive all game and as i had pocket 10s i pretty much had to call. she turned q 9 unsuited then flopped 2 9s i was gutted :puke but at least i made a decent call and didnt make a fool of myself by doing something silly. the wpt lumbered on without me over the next 4 days ( not sure who won because i was at the grand canyon the day of the final table)i saw loads of top pros while i was there includeing doyle brunson and stu unger. didnt play the next day but the day after i decided to give the luxor $50stts a go,the dealer in here obviously did like me as the first three hands i got were kk kk 1010 all winners and all with everbody loading in chips pre flop and me scaring them off on raggy flops:) so after three hands i was about 4x second place by the 20th hand 5 people were out and i had increased my lead and i won it in under a hour ,nice $400 dollars back:nana i continued to play in there after that and ended up about $750 up in the luxor and with a few nice little slot wins i finished about level for the week(apart from the amount of clothes i bought ). if you do give the luxor a go and you get hungry give the pharohs buffet a look the foods pretty good and its only $20. also if you can a grand canyon helicopter trip is well worth it $300 well spent ,it really is amazing. even though i lost the $1000 dollars at the start it made me feel more confident about my game and that other players on the lounge have a decent chance in any event with a bit of luck . so good luck to mo and anybody going to the wsop events:ok

Re: my vegas trip cool sounds like you had great time m8 :ok thanks for your kind words m8 although tbh if i dont get off to a good start think i wont last long hate heat as well moan whinge lol seriously though dont expect to much from me im just gonna enjoy it and see what happens, otherwise ill be (more of a ) nervous wreck:clap

Re: my vegas trip

cool sounds like you had great time m8 :ok thanks for your kind words m8 although tbh if i dont get off to a good start think i wont last long hate heat as well moan whinge lol seriously though dont expect to much from me im just gonna enjoy it and see what happens, otherwise ill be (more of a ) nervous wreck:clap
thats exactly what i did, as long as you forget the cash at stake ,and you feel like your just playing a usual game ,there's not a lot of diffrence so enjoy it mate:ok

got back from my trip to la and vegas on saturday thought id post about the highs and lows. it was ok in la nice and sunny about 90 degrees) just done the touristy bits and relaxed a bit . vegas was a wee bit hotter when we got there :@ :@ :@ :@ a mind scorching 120 degrees ,we stopped in death valley on the journey between for about 2 minutes then quickly got back into our air conned car before we died:eek the first day there was a bit of a blow to my gambling fund :\ $1000 wpt satelitte in the mandalay bay where i was staying. i got to my table saw one face i sort of recognised on my table but no big celeb pros (tj cloutier was on the next table along tho). it was a lot crazier than i expected so i kept my head down a little(helped by a very bad run of hole cards and some whopping raises from others ) and a couple of people were out inside the first 20 hands with pretty poor hands which amazed me at such a high buy in. my cards then improved a bit, won a few pots lost a few and was a little up but still not getting a great deal of help from the dealer,then back to the poor hole cards again :cry as a fair bit of time had gone by, the blinds were eating away at my stack and we went down to 4 players i had about 5x the bb . the small blind a pretty reckless female player put me all in ,she had been very aggressive all game and as i had pocket 10s i pretty much had to call. she turned q 9 unsuited then flopped 2 9s i was gutted :puke but at least i made a decent call and didnt make a fool of myself by doing something silly. the wpt lumbered on without me over the next 4 days ( not sure who won because i was at the grand canyon the day of the final table)i saw loads of top pros while i was there includeing doyle brunson and stu unger. didnt play the next day but the day after i decided to give the luxor $50stts a go,the dealer in here obviously did like me as the first three hands i got were kk kk 1010 all winners and all with everbody loading in chips pre flop and me scaring them off on raggy flops:) so after three hands i was about 4x second place by the 20th hand 5 people were out and i had increased my lead and i won it in under a hour ,nice $400 dollars back:nana i continued to play in there after that and ended up about $750 up in the luxor and with a few nice little slot wins i finished about level for the week(apart from the amount of clothes i bought ). if you do give the luxor a go and you get hungry give the pharohs buffet a look the foods pretty good and its only $20. also if you can a grand canyon helicopter trip is well worth it $300 well spent ,it really is amazing. even though i lost the $1000 dollars at the start it made me feel more confident about my game and that other players on the lounge have a decent chance in any event with a bit of luck . so good luck to mo and anybody going to the wsop events:ok
Nice story mate, but hes dead...

then quickly got back into our air conned car before we died:eek
i saw loads of top pros while i was there includeing doyle brunson and stu unger.
I'm not quite sure how to break this to you, but ... ... it's nice to know you can still post on PL from the other side.

Re: my vegas trip he he sorry wrong guy .i'll check on my program of the event to see who it was, im terrible for names:$ they were doing a book signing the day i got there (mind you neither of them actually played in the tourney which seemed a little weird) .