** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

International Rugby 10th & 11th June

South Africa v Scotland Scotland +23 Bet365. For some reason Bet365 are giving a very generous handicap here, certainly generous enough to have a stab at anyway. Scotland had a sucessful 6 Nations:

Feb

Scotland v France

15:00

Murrayfield (Edinburgh)

12 Feb

Wales v Scotland

15:00

Millennium Stadium (Cardiff)

25 Feb

Scotland v England

17:30

Murrayfield (Edinburgh)

11 Mar

Ireland v Scotland

Lansdowne Road (Dublin)

18 Mar

Italy v Scotland

13:30

Stadio Flaminio (Rome)

Shipping a total of 81 points with an average of just 13.5 a game. The forwards performed heroics after heroics and were obviously the mainstay of the team, the good news is that Scotland don't really have any injury worries and these forwards, I believe, can put up another great performance against an out of sorts (but still very handy) Saffa team. The Saffa team does look strong on paper, very strong and it will be a very physical encounter but I think 23 points start for Scotland is still worth taking a punt on. Especailly as most other bookies are offering +16/17 - basically Bet365 are giving us another try.*** See Below Also, history proves that the Scots always do well against the Saffas and haven't been on the end of a hiding for a long time, even when Scotland were at a very low ebb in 2003, finishing the wrong end of the 6 Nations. Saffas: To date the Springboks have scored 395 points to 172 against Scotland for a match-average of 25-11 in favour of the Boks. The previous three Tests between the two countries on South African soil played were in Port Elizabeth (1960 – the Boks won 18-10), Durban (2003, 29-25) and Johannesburg (28-19). South Africa: 15 Percy Montgomery, 14 Breyton Paulse, 13 Jaque Fourie, 12 Jean de Villiers, 11 André Snyman, 10 Jaco van der Westhuyzen, 9 Fourie du Preez, 8 Joe van Niekerk, 7 Juan Smith, 6 Schalk Burger, 5 Victor Matfield, 4 Danie Rossouw, 3 Eddie Andrews, 2 John Smit (captain), 1 Os du Randt. Replacements: 16 Hanyani Shimange, 17 Lawrence Sephaka, 18 Johan Muller, 19 Pedrie Wannenburg, 20 Enrico Januarie, 21 Wynand Olivier, 22 Gaffie du Toit. Scotland Scotland: 15 Hugo Southwell (Edinburgh Gunners), 14 Chris Paterson (Edinburgh Gunners), 13 Marcus Di Rollo (Edinburgh Gunners), 12 Andrew Henderson (Glasgow Warriors), 11 Sean Lamont (Northampton Saints), 10 Dan Parks (Glasgow Warriors), 9 Mike Blair (Edinburgh Gunners), 8 Allister Hogg (Edinburgh Gunners), 7 Donnie Macfadyen (Glasgow Warriors), 6 Jason White (Sale Sharks, captain), 5 Scott Murray (Edinburgh Gunners), 4 Nathan Hines (Perpignan), 3 Bruce Douglas (Border Reivers), 2 Scott Lawson (Glasgow Warriors), 1 Gavin Kerr (Leeds Tykes). Replacement: (from) Dougie Hall (Edinburgh Gunners), Craig Smith (Edinburgh Gunners), Alastair Kellock (Edinburgh Gunners), Jon Petrie (Glasgow Warriors), Kelly Brown (Border Reivers), Sam Pinder (Glasgow Warriors), Gordon Ross (Leeds Tykes), Simon Webster (Edinburgh Gunners). My bet: Scotland +23 £25.00 @ Best365. At the time of writing Bet365 have just changed their cap to +21. My bet: Scotland +21 £15.00 @ Bet365

Re: International Rugby 10th & 11th June Anyone with any views on NZ-Ireland? Umaga has retired, but anyone with team news as to how much of an experimental(if that's the case) side the hosts are fielding? Any thoughts on a handicap hovering at around 20? Ireland aren't much of a traveller and I feel they could be on the receiving end of a backlash if the All Blacks are up for this... By the way, does anyone know where(if any) live coverage of this match(NZ-Ireland) will be available online?

Re: International Rugby 10th & 11th June Centrebet goes NZ 1.08 Ireland 8.50 Margin 18.5 The NZ team has 8 or 9 of the top 15 listed for tonights game (IMO). This is still a strong NZ team just not it's strongest. I believe the Ireland side is the strongest they can field. On paper the AB's look too strong for Ireland but often the AB's are slow to start their international seasons (unless playing lower tier nations). Last two tours by Ireland for those who follow history had the folowing results - 2002 NZ 15-6 & NZ 40-8, 1992 NZ 24-21 & 59-6. Suppose 1992 is a long time ago now but often the AB's start slow and combinations click for the second test. From a betting perspective I fancy this to be a bit of a safety first arm wrestle early with Ireland staying in the game for 50/60mins. Expect the AB's to pull away at the end but by how much I have no idea. Do like the look of Scott Hamilton (NZ reserve outside back) to get some gametime on debut and maybe run in a late try. Going along tonight and as the ground is less than a mile away I can give a current forcast 5 hours out as beautiful and sunny and justb clouding over now as I type. Little bit of rain last night and possibility of a few light showers tonight. Bets for the game: 1pt Ireland +8.5 halftime @ 1.97 (Centrebet) 1pt 1st stoppage lineout @ 1.65 (NZtab) 1pt Scott Hamilton to score @ 3.50 (NZtab) Cheers CK