** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Mlb 6/6

Oakland Athletics @ Cleveland Indians Indians 1.92 (Mansion) 3 units Indians -1.5 2.83 (Pinnacle) 3 units OAK: LHP Barry Zito (5-3, 2.87 ERA) CLE: RHP Jake Westbrook (5-3, 5.00 ERA) I'm still not sold on Athletics. They took a 4 game series against Minnesota 3-1, but scored only 12 combined runs in 4 games against them. Oakland has been one of the worst batting teams in the American league this season and while they should be able to start hitting better, i'll take the slight favorite price on Cleveland and half of the stake on the runline also. Oakland is starting Barry Zito, who has won 3 decisions in a row. Zito is very good, but if you look at his stats he has walked quite a lot of guys and been hittable also. Clevelands Jake Westbrook has had an average season, but he has been lights out at home in Jacobs Field. He has 3-0 record with a 1.83 ERA in 5 home starts. Last time out he threw 7 shut out innings in a win against the White Sox last week. Indians hitting game is much better, so Zito is not enough imo to make Cleveland such a small favorite at home. Worth a 6 unit bet for me. I'll throw half of the stake on the runline also, as Indians are not a team that wins by 1 run margin often. They'll either win by bigger margin or lose straight up most of the time. Chicago Cubs @ Houston Astros Cubs 1.83 (Pinnacle) 6 units CHI: RHP Kerry Wood (1-1, 4.50 ERA) HOU: LHP Wandy Rodriguez (6-3, 4.81 ERA) I've been riding Cubs a few times lately, as their game has looked much better. They've hit the ball really well in last 7 games, going 5-2. Altough i think they've probably digged themselves to a too deep hole with that awful run last month, If Kerry Wood and soon to be back from the DL Mark Prior can stay healthy, Cubbies should start to make some steady progress in divisional standings. Houston is a team that is in awful form right now. they've lost 11 of last 13 games, last 5 in a row and they can't hit the ball. They lost 0-8 to Cubs yesterday and todays pitching matchup favors Cubs almost as much. Cubs' Kerry Wood is a really good pitcher who has spent most of the season on the DL. He struggled a little bit in his season debut, but has bounced back to throw 2 great performances in a row. He got his first win of the season last time out, limiting Powerful Reds lineup to 1 run on 5 hits in 6 innings of work. Houstons Wandy Rodriquez had a great start of the season, but has looked very vulnerable lately. He has allowed plenty of hits in his latest starts and last time out he was chased out of the game after only 1.1 inning performance against the Reds, when he allowed 8 runs (7 earned) on 6 hits. Bottom line, 2 teams whose form is showing on opposite direction and Cubs having a clear edge in starting pitcher. 1.82 is good value imo, so i'm taking it with 6 units.

Twinkies @ Mariners Liriano pitching lights out - Hernandez has been reasonable apart from getting shelled in Oakland. His last three starts against the Twinkies hes given up 3-2-0 runs in 23 innings. Both bullpens solid. Under the rather meagre total of 7.5 for me.:ok Edit: Moved to appropiate mlb thread.(WFTE)

Re: Mlb 6/6 back from Monaco, hope you guys have had a good week. but I had a big punt earlier. Its a huge total of 11.5 but pauly???12ish era vs wang 4ish era. look for 15 -16 runs in this game plus. Im going with 3000pts @1.95 edit- its the NYY vs Boston game