7.15 Temple stakes Sandown

One of my fav races especially after landing Celtic Mill last year at 36.0!! really difficult this year with the ground so heavy. It normally favours high numbers but it changes dramatcially to low on really soft going (from the data i have seen). I have plumped for OUT AFTER DARK as it runs really well over 5f (50% win rate from 8 races) & on soft going or worse is 2nd-1st over distance. It has the 1 draw of 13 here & appears to be the only horse that will make the pace here as there are a few hold up horses plus those who race up with the pace & then run on. Eisteddfod cannot be backed with any confidence as Cole is out of form & may be better over 6f or further (liks the ground though). The Trader should be respected with the trainer in good form but wins rarely. Balmont has never shown form on easy going & is making its seasonal debut here. Les Arcs is the main danger in my book, very difficult to beat & never seems to run a bad race. Indian Maiden will run well on this going & is drawn 11 of 13 which may be a hinderence depends on which rag you take notice of. Reverence should go well also but has the 13 of 13 stall which is a negative for me today. Will love the ground though & can go close. Orientor only seems to win when Fallon rides so will leave that alone also. My selection is 22/1 with Corals. I am going each way in case it gets swallowed up!

Re: 7.15 Temple stakes Sandown The Tatling for me here, price much too big at 18.5 on betfair and is a good e/w bet. Soft ground is no problem for him having finished 2nd in a group 1 and also in a group 3 (carrying a penalty) over this distance. Normally need a few runs to get into top gear, has had 3 this year and should be coming into top form soon. His age is a bit of a negative but he was as good as ever last year and hasn't been disgraced this year when needing the runs. I forgot to add he is also a C+D winner which is always a positive.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.