Saturday Bookie Basher Picks

Right new thread for me as Flat season is now in full throttle and I feel more confident now with the selections then at the start of the Flat season. I will keep this thread ongoing for the rest of the flat season for all my top picks for a saturday as I generally don't have much time in the week because of my work. Saturday 27th May 2006 BOND BOY 2.10 Haydock Bryan Smarts' horses seem to be coming into top form and this horse won doing handsprings last saturday at Thirsk over the same distance and ground. Smart put it down to trying him in blinkers as it's race prior to it's last one, He had hung at Nottingham, "for the first time in his life last time", and, having found that lameness was not causing the problem, his trainer felt he was swinging the lead and hence the blinkers. Bond Boy is a horse that if found the right ground and distance can rack up a sequence. currently trading at @3.80 on Betfair **** INTRIGUED 3.10 Haydock All the signs bode well at Sir Mark Prescotts' stable as he is starting to unwrap his best horses with Spectait due to run on Bank Holiday Monday at Sandown after just missing the cut for the Victoria Cup. Intrigued was Beaten less than 3l when fourth behind Divine Proportions in Group 1 (good ground) on final 2yo start; off since and unproven on this ground but stable won this three years ago and surely significant she´s being persevered with and Prescott would not put her out after such a long time unless, she was fit as a flea and would handle the ground. Intrigued has also got a lot of top draw races on her agenda this season and the signs are she will take this with the minimum of fuss, before going on to those much better races. @2.36 she is currently trading at on Betfair. ***** TAGULA SUNRISE 3.15 Catterick Tony Hamilton came in for a bit of stick after adopting what i would call enterprising tactics at Ripon last sunday on this horse, but Hamilton knew what he was doing and it ran out a convincing winner in the end by 3 1/2 lengths over 6F. It has a 6lb penalty and another furlong to negotiate today, however there is forecast for more rain in the Catterick region from now until post time and Tagula Sunrise won't mind that at all, in fact it will only boost it's chances further and the extra distance is well within the horses compass as it has won before over it. Currently trading at @6.80 on Betfair. **** BOLLIN MICHAEL 4.15 Haydock Another horse who won doing handsprings last saturday at Nottingham over the same distance and ground, however it was a bad race, but I just couldn't fail to be impressed as this horse simply bounded clear. It's going to be the same ground today and gone up in grade from a 6 to a 5 with 3lb less and Jamie Spencer on board, we could see another demolition of it's field as this horse is improving! Currently trading at @2.66 on Betfair. ***** SPHINX 5.15 Newmarket This horse is on a 3 timer in little more than a week! having won 2 races in 2 days at Nottingham and York on the soft over 1M 6F. Today it drops back in trip by 2 furlongs, however it's last run at Nottingham after being held up in mid-division he came there swinging over three furlongs out and quickly went clear in the final two furlongs before being eased down. He had won over course and distance earlier in the season, clearly loves a bit of cut in the ground and there is no reason why he shouldn't go on from there. Currently trading at @2.68 on Betfair. **** ***** = Make an orderly queue at the Bookies payout **** = Great Chance *** = Good Chance ** = Fair Chance * = Outside Chance :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.