England v Sri Lanka 2nd Test

Got the result of the 1st test right with a few weather interuptions and some shoddy England fielding aiding the Sri Lankans 2nd innings. This test is looking good for another draw on a couple of indicators. The weather forecast again looks slightly dodgy. Theres been plenty of rain of late and the water table is very high. Sri Lankas batting has had the practice it needs and should be more stronger than its pathetic showing in the 1st test at Lords. England are missing their front line bowlers and i'm still not convinced by messers Panesar & Plunkett as test bowlers. As for the highest partnership bet, England have proven top quality at the top in Strauss and Trescothick and the Sri Lankans struggled with their openers at Lords and will not have Jayasuriya to call upon. Eng v SL DRAW 8/10 @ 2.24 betfair Highest opening partnership England 10/10 @ 1.6 expekt

Re: England v Sri Lanka 2nd Test

Means who will get the most runs before a wicket is lost to start with Openers are the first two batsmen that come out to bat, ie, number 1 and 2 Hope this helps!
Cheers. It helps. But what does "before a wicket is lost" mean? :unsure Forgive me, im from sweden :sad

Re: England v Sri Lanka 2nd Test Each team has 10 wickets mate, the winner of this bet is the side who scores the most runs before somebody gets out. Whenever someone gets out that is called losing a wicket. Hope that helps :ok

Nice to see your interest here Bamsie. Cricket is a great sport to watch, very tactical and although not everyones cup of tea, I lurve it!
Like the Ridley Jacobs impression............(west indian accent) yes luuuuuuuuuurve it!

Re: England v Sri Lanka 2nd Test Ok early thoughts for this test. 1. Too much rain to bet on the outcome of this match with any certainty 2. Sri Lanka should not be 12/1, definitely some value. If they win the toss they will defo bat 1st and could post 400+, therefore......... 3. England should not be 1/3 to have a 1st inning lead 4. Should i take sri lanka 1st inning lead at 5/2 with bet365 or the +99.5 handicap lead at 10/11 with sportingodds? 5. I'm loving the handicap market on boyles. All players 8/1. Fancy cook +25 runs. Must have a look at this. Boyles offer some fantastic bets. Also fancy him at 6/1 top england bat (best price with Boyles). Be interested to hear what your thoughts are at this stage

Ok early thoughts for this test. 1. Too much rain to bet on the outcome of this match with any certainty Surely the draw on Betfair must be the play and you can lay off later? 2. Sri Lanka should not be 12/1, definitely some value. If they win the toss they will defo bat 1st and could post 400+, therefore......... I fully agree, but I don't like betting on a coin toss. I'd rather take the 8/1 - 10/1 on SL when they are batting 1st. England shouldn't be the price they are though I don't think. 3. England should not be 1/3 to have a 1st inning lead I agree mate. While I fancy England to have a 1st innings lead it's not a 1/3 shot. 4. Should i take sri lanka 1st inning lead at 5/2 with bet365 or the +99.5 handicap lead at 10/11 with sportingodds? I'd take the handicap if you were to bet but it's not a market I'm interested in to be fair mate. 5. I'm loving the handicap market on boyles. All players 8/1. Fancy cook +25 runs. Must have a look at this. Boyles offer some fantastic bets. Also fancy him at 6/1 top england bat (best price with Boyles). I strongly fancy Trescothick to top score for us here. He'd be my play I think, although if he were to bat Mahmood can hold a bat so he's getting a huge start. If he made 20 which he's more than capable of then there would need to be a centurion to be him. Be interested to hear what your thoughts are at this stage
Hope that helps mate. :ok

Re: England v Sri Lanka 2nd Test Cheers kev Um glad there's quite alot of overlapping on the thoughts front. Think i will take the handicap on for the 1st innings lead. Interesting point about Mahmood. I won't be having a bet other than a medium size bet on cook. He has looked magnificent in the nets. We're bowling doosra's at him all day. So here's my bets 3 points e/w (1/4 top 3) Cook top england batsman 1st innings at 7.00 with Boyles.......looked great in the nets and i'm quite confident he can go close 10 points sri lanka 1st innings lead handicap +99.5 runs at 1.90 with Sportingodds. I haven't priced this up myself but i don't think england should be giving away a tonne of runs to sri lanka. Maybe value, i'm not sure

Re: England v Sri Lanka 2nd Test I've been looking at the SL 1st innings. Boyles go 20/1 on Vaas and 25/1 on Kulasekera, both of which got good runs at Lords. In fact Vaas has made double figures in every innings on tour so far and he can bat. I'm weighing up whether it's worth backing both each way in the hope that SL collapse a la Lords yet again. A guy who hit 64* shouldn't be 25/1 I don't think!

Eng v SL DRAW 8/10 @ 2.24 betfair Highest opening partnership England 10/10 @ 1.6 expekt
Never in doubt the latter with 3 runs to beat. Currently England 56-0 and looking good. The draw for me is a non player now due Sri Lankas shocking effort once again with the bat. Can't see them batting like they did at Lords in the 2nd innings again and I doubt the weather will be enough to save them here.

Re: England v Sri Lanka 2nd Test Overall England will be happy with their days work. Great effort in the field, held the majority of their catches but Panesar will have nightmares after another shocking drop. One downside for England will be losing Cook just before the close. As for the draw bet, the only thing to save me there will be if theres plenty of rain.

I've been looking at the SL 1st innings. Boyles go 20/1 on Vaas and 25/1 on Kulasekera, both of which got good runs at Lords. In fact Vaas has made double figures in every innings on tour so far and he can bat. I'm weighing up whether it's worth backing both each way in the hope that SL collapse a la Lords yet again. A guy who hit 64* shouldn't be 25/1 I don't think!
How do you like them eggs?! Why bother with place money when the Vaasmeister top scores! :dude

Well I hope you backed them Kev. I love backing struggling sides lower order batsmen against decent sides as they do have a tendency to struggle earlydoors.
I always do that with Boylesports mate because they pay out 1st 3 each way in an 11 runner field which isn't bad. You can often find value in there. I, like you, like backing lower order players because often even if they only place it's still a tidy profit. You can make some decent money on the county games especially I've found.

Re: England v Sri Lanka 2nd Test The guy who puts up boyle's imo isn't very good at his job. He often prices things up out of line with the other top bookmakers. To bo fair he did an excellent price up on the handicap market imo. Well done on Vaas kevshat. Crap cricket form continues. That shot by sangakkara made me wanna rip my hair.

Re: England v Sri Lanka 2nd Test I'd agree there mate. Quite often they are top price on county matches too. With these each way run scorer bets it's amazing how often a lower order guy gets in the top 3 at a big price. Vaas can genuinely bat and in a side with such a fragile top order 20/1 was a huge price.