Im taking overs in both of the opening games of tonights card. Both have been set at 8.5 . Cubs vs Marlins- Mohler on the mound for Florida, Maddux for the cubs.Maddux has been roughed up in three of his last 4 outings (no runs in the other), but 8.5 runs is the mark because the bookies clearly feel he is going to go deep innings for next to nothing.However,there have been worrying signs of him of late and if the Marlins can unsettle him, the 8.5 will look a small total.Mohler pitching for the Marlins is not a good thing and I expect even a weekend Cubs batting lineup to hit him for a few. Over 8.5 @1.95 Cleveland vs Twins Radke - I fully expect him to get tanked today, so the 8.5 rests on the performance of sabathia.Now he's good but he's not 1.95 era good.Enough long ball potential in both of these sides to take the total past 8.5 overs @ 1.83 1500 pt double current bank after placing bet but before the outcome = 3104pts +2104pts

Re: Mlb 24th note carpenter has been scratched late for the cards. this has perplexed the bookies as the cards were odds on. Some have changed- You can currently get Giants -1.5 @2.9 with sportingodds and get the cards -1.5 @ 2.6 with stan james. will put late punts up at around 10 ish

Re: Mlb 24th randy johnson has to come around some time.I simply refuse to believe that he has run out of steam in his career.He's posting an era of well over 5 and thats un-big unit like.Equally clement is over 5 era too.If johnson can finally find some good stuff, then the 2.2 on offer is looking very tasty.So i will take it. NY 2.2 MONEY line Phillies vs Mets Lieber back on the Mound as Hamles has shoulder strain.the mets have enough power to take him for a few runs.The unkown is the debut of cuban defector alay soler.How will he take to the big time? its hard to know, but with the batting potential of both sides and the probable pitching worries, I will be shooting for the over 9.5 available at 2.00 1500 dble

Re: Mlb 24th Philadelphia Phillies @ NY Mets Phillies -1.5 2.31 (Pinnacle) 5 units PHI: RHP Jon Lieber (3-5, 5.81 ERA) NYM: RHP Alay Soler (Major League debut) I'm going against a rookie pitcher making his debut in the majors. Mets bullpen is also very overworked right now. 3 out of last 4 games their pen has been used a lot and yesterdays 16 inning game everyone, except Jermi Gonzales threw some pitches. Phillies got a long relief appearance from Ryan Madson yesterday, so their pen is much fresher. Phillies starter Jon Lieber is a solid pitcher, while he had a bad game vs. Boston in Interleague, he won previous 3 starts and is looking like his old self again after losing first 4 games of the season. He's 5-5 with a 4.23 ERA in his career vs. the Mets. I'll try the runline for the visitors. Basically, the batting game of these teams are pretty equal, but it's very likely Mets rookie pitcher won't have the easiest game of his career + the bullpen is really fatigued. Met's can't afford to pull Soler out too early even if he'd get shelled.

Re: Mlb 24th A couple of more for the night Oakland Athletics @ Chicago White Sox Athletics 2.33 (Pinnacle) 5 units OAK: RHP Dan Haren (4-3, 3.86 ERA) CWS: LHP Mark Buehrle (5-2, 2.92 ERA) Going with the Athletics. Though they are facing the WSox ace Buehrle, he hasn't been his sharpest recently and Haren has been tremendous. He has won 3 games in a row, has a 1.48 ERA and has held opponents to a .163 batting average during this 3 game streak. Last time out he threw a a 8 inning shoutout vs the Giants and before that a complete 9 inning game at the Yankee stadium allowing only 1 run. Buehrle has struggled against the A's in his career with a 2-8 record and a 4.14 ERA. I like Oakland in this spot a lot. I'm liking Oakland a lot in this spot as they are trying to avoid a sweep. Haren has looked so convincing lately that if he can keep his form up, Oakland wouldn't need many runs to take the win. Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City Royals Royals 3.14 (Pinnacle) 3 units DET: RHP Jeremy Bonderman (4-3, 4.66 ERA) KC: LHP Jimmy Gobble (0-0, 5.14 ERA) Ok, i'll give the Royals one more chance and if they will not come thru today, i will not bet them for a long time to come. Today Jimmy Gobble will get his first start of the season. He has been very decent pitching out of the pen lately. He has a 2.20 ERA during his last 10 relief appearances, spanning 16.1 innings of work. Detroits Jeremy Bonderman is imo the worst pitcher in their rotation. His career numbers are 35-48 4.95 ERA. He has alternated between good and bad outings this season. Last time out he allowed 7 runs in 3 innings vs. the Reds. Kansas is again on a long losing streak, tieing their season record 11 games 2nd time this season already. They are still 8-7 at home vs right handed starters, although losing last 3 of those games. They've had some ok games offensively recently but relievers have just crumbled in late innings. They had a 4-0 and 5-3 late lead against the Tigers yesterday, but once again total meltdown happened in the pitching department. Despite how much Kansas sucks 3.14 is still too much and i'll bite with a small stake.