Cash games vs STT's 10 or seaters etc

Mr Bubbles

Just thought I would ask peoples opinions on this. Had some money in my account recently so instead of playing the freerolls I thought I would have a shot at some money games. Started on STT's $5 10 seats and made the cash in my first 6 games, excellent I thought, so then decided to try it on the cash tables, And proceeded to lose most of it until I tilted when I reached my last few chips and inflicted a nasty bad beat in my favour and won a few back. Since then I have stuck to the STT's mainly and on the 10 person tables I have been well up (although either mainly coming 1st or 3rd, extremely rarely 2nd) but not so great on the 5 person tables where I have made the cash say only 25% of time. The point of my waffle is that I don't feel like I have changed my game really too much throughout, so the total mixture of the results is quite suprising, I guess my game play could suit the STT's more than cash and with a STT I generally have enough concentration to play tight with out so many moments of maddness which i am akin to in MTT's, however I was suprised to see the record so poor on 5 person STT's compared to 10 version.

Re: Cash games vs STT's 10 or seaters etc In brief - All completely different games requiring different tactics. If your game works for the full STT then stick to it. I like cash games and STTs and make a profit at both but they have to be played completely differently. Same goes for MTTs different tactics again.

Re: Cash games vs STT's 10 or seaters etc 9 or 10 seat STTs for me rather than the 5 seat versions, simply because they pay better. The only cash games I have made any profit on were on Betfair and even then I think I gave a lot of it back when trying to repeat it a few days later, so in general I avoid them. My real love is the MTT. I make the money in comparatively few but when you do they can really pay off. Every form of poker requires a mixture of patience and aggression and I think this is best learnt in the MTT arena. :ok