Buffalo Sabres2.052.05
est odds/All oddsv6074.gifv10.gif
Anaheim Mighty Ducks1.661.66
Edmonton Oilers2.22.2
First games
oddsv15.gifv6074.gifv1.gifv6006.gifv10.gifv6018.gifv401.gifv6096.gif
Buffalo Sabres2.32.22.12.232.252.252.282.33
Carolina Hurricanes1.661.661.661.661.681.611.71.7
The above is on on Sat The Friday one not available @ Odds-comp site Edm @ 2.43 playing @ Ana @ 1.61 (both ML) * prices fm B365

Re: NHL Play-off - Conference Finals I've got a feeling it will be an Anaheim V Buffalo final.... But I'm not willing to bet on it yet, especially after what happened to NJ after they looked so strong. I'm surprised at the Ducks odds to be honest and will not be taking them on at that price. I think Buffalo are value, but value enough to take... Any thoughts?

Re: NHL Play-off - Conference Finals No idea about the series as yet, though I have a feeling it might be the Oilers' year (they are the last Canadian team left in the comp as well). In the other match-up, goaltending probs should finally catch up with the Canes. So I also fancy light and fast Buffalo, but I'm leaning towards Edmonton to reach the final (although not betting at least yet). In the first games of the series, both away teams are priced up at quite nice odds;)

Re: NHL Play-off - Conference Finals I'm going with the Sabres. I say they win the series in 6 games. Buffalo has a lot different players being heroes on any given night whether it be Briere, Drury, Dumont, Afinogenov, Roy or Pominville, and their defence have been blocking so many shots. Should be really fast hockey. The Ducks will win in 7 games. The Ducks are deep at forward and have speed and physicality on defence something the Sharks were lacking. The Oilers are doing all the little things (e.g blocking shots, finishing checks, and winning faceoffs). It will come down to the scorers of the Ducks, and Bryzgalov. If Bryzgalov plays like Toskala did for the Sharks the Oilers win the series.

Re: NHL Play-off - Conference Finals

No idea about the series as yet, though I have a feeling it might be the Oilers' year (they are the last Canadian team left in the comp as well). In the other match-up, goaltending probs should finally catch up with the Canes. So I also fancy light and fast Buffalo, but I'm leaning towards Edmonton to reach the final (although not betting at least yet). In the first games of the series, both away teams are priced up at quite nice odds;)
Yeah I think Buffalo & Edmonton will both get splits on the road.

NHL Playoffs 21/5 Pick: Edmonton/Anaheim Under 5 Odds: 2.12 Bookmaker: GameBookers The Anaheim Mighty Ducks play host to the Edmonton Oilers in Game 2 of their Western Conference Finals series. My play tonight is on the Under 5 goals. I love playing the Under on low totals in the NHL. The bookmaker is trying to tempt you to take the Over with such a relatively low total. However in this matchup you've got 2 goalies that are playing great for their respective teams. Ilya Bryzgalov tends the net for Anaheim, he only let in 2 goals in Game 1, as Edmonton scored into the empty net. On the other side you have Dwayne Roloson who only let in a single goal in Game 1 of the series. Both teams complained about the bad ice in Game 1 at the Pond in Anaheim. The hot California sun is not making for great ice at the rink. This factor can only help the Under cash as puck and player movement is hampered.

Re: NHL Playoffs 21/5

Pick: Edmonton/Anaheim Under 5 Odds: 2.12 Bookmaker: GameBookers The Anaheim Mighty Ducks play host to the Edmonton Oilers in Game 2 of their Western Conference Finals series. My play tonight is on the Under 5 goals. I love playing the Under on low totals in the NHL. The bookmaker is trying to tempt you to take the Over with such a relatively low total. However in this matchup you've got 2 goalies that are playing great for their respective teams. Ilya Bryzgalov tends the net for Anaheim, he only let in 2 goals in Game 1, as Edmonton scored into the empty net. On the other side you have Dwayne Roloson who only let in a single goal in Game 1 of the series. Both teams complained about the bad ice in Game 1 at the Pond in Anaheim. The hot California sun is not making for great ice at the rink. This factor can only help the Under cash as puck and player movement is hampered.
Nice one mate. GL with it :hope

Re: NHL Play-off - Conference Finals just a real quickie hear folks- fairly new to my hockey- more of a football and rugby man, but as the seasons are ending diversifying a tad. Have popped in and out of this forum for a month or so and you've done me well- ta for that! taking the rats advice and going for edmonton tonight. talking as a man with no preconceptions the odds look nice for a team that's on form and have already proved they can be more than a match. hope my lack of knowledge bears fruit. :dude

Re: NHL Play-off - Conference Finals Welcome to PL Shrewd Law and best of luck. myself I wouoldn't back Edmonton tonight even though they are a good team, but the Quacks have been awesome - instead of backing them @ a short price, I've gone for threm to top the Oilers in the series @ 6/4 which is a huge price swinf just because of a loss in the first game;)

Re: NHL Play-off - Conference Finals At the start of this thread I said Anaheim in the final and you said the Oilers, now we have reversed pretty much! I'm not ruling Anaheim out by all means and still think they can do it, but think the value is with Edmonton tonight!!!

Re: NHL Play-off - Conference Finals

At the start of this thread I said Anaheim in the final and you said the Oilers, now we have reversed pretty much! I'm not ruling Anaheim out by all means and still think they can do it, but think the value is with Edmonton tonight!!!
That's right, things and thoughts are changing - both of us have chnaged our minds in this one. I just got a feeling the Oilers will get overwhelmed by the situation they got into - it's also the first time they are ahead in the seriews after Game One, which is exactly what is doing my head in atm. And I tend to think most games are about psychology of teams at this stage - we'll see;)

Re: NHL Play-off - Conference Finals Good win for the Oilers, but like I said before, I don't think the series is over at all (obviously some might say as it's only 2 games in :lol ), but 2-0 is a good lead. Well dont with the unders, good pick

Re: NHL Play-off - Conference Finals Federov is on SoccerAid - a football match for charity that will take place on Saturday. It's on ITV at the oment every night, as build up. He is playing for the Rest of The World who are playing England. Both teams are made up of ex Pro footballers and celebrities! He's bloody quick!

Re: NHL Play-off - Conference Finals Not betting tonight, but I think the Ducks may take a game tonight. They will go at the Oilers, who are not as strong at home than away, and because of this i think the Over 5.5 goals is a massive price tonight. I know the games have been low scoring so far but at odds of about2.5 I think this may be worth taking on possibly. No bets though