** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Mlb 16/6

A couple of bad days lately for me. Yesterday was pretty damn unlucky with Marlins blowing up a big lead, colorado losing by 1 run and Arizona winning by only 1 when i had -1.5 line. Time to get back on winning track today i hope. Washington Nationals @ Chicago Cubs Nationals 2.51 (Mansion) 5 units WAS: RHP Livan Hernandez (1-4, 6.52 ERA) CHC: RHP Carlos Zambrano (1-2, 3.88 ERA) These odds are way off the line really. Cubs are on a massive slump and there is some rumours of bad blood between coach Dusty Baker and few players. Dusty is prpbably in a risk of getting the boot if Cubs will not start to deliver soon.Cubs are 1-9 in L10 and 13-2 in L15. They're batting game just doesn't work right now. Nationals on the other hand is much better team than their results in the early season are showing. They had many very tight one run losses and late inning blown leads. They did win their last game @ Atlanta 8-1.This team should be near .500 mark when all is said and done and the season is over. Livan Hernandez is the ace of the Nationals lineup, but has had a bad season so far. There is only one way from here, up, and he will improve 100% sooner or later. A good start would be against Cubs tonight. Hernandez is 9-5 with a 4.08 ERA in 17 starts against the Cubs and has enjoyed recent success at Wrigley Field. He has won three of his last four starts there, posting a 1.67 ERA over 32.1 innings and pitching at least eight innings on each occasion. Cubs starter Zambrano is really good. He has had a fine season, but has only 1-2 record because of lousy run support despite having a 3.88 ERA. He is 2-2 with 4.22 in seven appearances against the Nationals lifetime. Basically, i have to hit that 2.51 odds as Cubs batting is really sub-par and worst in the league right now. Even Zambrano throwing a really good game might not be enough for them. Nationals have the better bullpen also, so if this comes to relief pitching, they have the upper hand. Medium stakes. Toronto Blue Jays @ Los Angeles Angels Blue Jays 2.04 (Mansion) 7 units TOR: LHP Ted Lilly (4-2, 3.24 ERA) LAA: RHP Ervin Santana (3-1, 4.79 ERA) This is huge value imo. Altough it's a road game for Toronto, they are hitting on all cylinders right now and is clearly the much better batting team. Blue Jays have won three consecutive series and seven of their last 10 games. Angels have improved a little lately, going 4-6 in L10, but their batting is still pretty bad. Angels are averaging less than 3 runs per game against left handed pitchers this season and i don't see it getting much better against Ted Lilly, who has been really good and consistent the whole early season. He has been even better on the road, going 2-0 with a 1.84 ERA. Ervin Santana is also very good pitcher, but has had a few bad starts this season also, as his 4.79 ERA is telling. Last time he pitched against Jays at Toronto less than 2 weeks ago, he got shelled and Toronto won 13-3. He is 0-1 with an 8.10 ERA in two lifetime starts versus the Blue Jays. All in all, i personally see Toronto as a clear favorite in this matchup and will bet 7 units on them. Best of luck to everyone.

Re: Mlb 16/6 Completely with you on the Nationals. How they can give that price against a side doing as badly as the Cubs I dont know. For a similiar reason Im taing PHI to beat MIL @ 2.3. Capuano is 8-8 for quality starts this year but before his LTO, Lidle had thrown 3 consecutive quality starts also. Such big odds for a team that have won 13 of their last 14 games is mad in my mind.

Re: Mlb 16/6 nothing personal guys- and im ready to be shot down i flames but- I just dont see how the nats will get to zambrano.After an horrific start, he has made an elbow angle adjustment and is pitching cy young stuff now (if not too late to win the award). Im a big fan of livian hernandez, but just believe the nats will not score enough to beat zambrano.THOUGH- i do understand why you feel that price is worth taking. My plays of the night are a 1000 pt dble on Twins vs Detroit. over 9 @ 20/21 Lohse is just poor and robertson is not as good as his era Cleveland vsKansas over 9.5 @ 1.91 Byrd not working out and elarton is bang average.Cleveland to hit big in this for me. 1000pt single for me on Texas - Yanks over 10 runs @ evs with willhill two sides who have yet to really start popping the big stuff against two vulnerable pitchers. i think the run tally- and im sticking my neck out here- somewhere between 15-18! prepare for a 1-0 ball game:rollin

Re: Mlb 16/6 :lol Cheers WFTE 6-4 indians currently 7- 4 to detroit and a wild one texas leading 12-11 but im off for an early morning sherry to celebrate. thats 7 in a row (in a mixture of singles and doubles) and huge double and single tonight. current bank 8632.5pts +7632.5pts bank 'septupled'?

Re: Mlb 16/6 A bad night last night, 2 from 7. I hate to say it but well done to the Yankees. I fancied them as I couldnt see them going 3 games beaten at home. Thought it was all over at 10-1. Then they brought it back and took the lead at 11-10 then went 12-11,12-12,13-12 until NYY hit two in the bottom of the 9th to win 14-13.