** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

FX Poker Tourney

PLwallg

Stumbled across this little tourney on Pokerroom.com - Dont know if anybody else wants to give it a try??????? Qualifiers run regularly from 5pm each day until May 20th 8 seat STT - winner qualifies for final on 21st May & if you finish second you get free entry to another qualifier to try again. If you sign up with the following link you get 2 free entries , otherwise it costs $1.5 a shot [url=http://www3.pokerroom.com/main/210/signUp.php] Standard of play is pretty poor - i qualified for final on my 2nd attempt :clap (Players going all-in every other hand to start !!) Prizes at the final are: The FX Poker Tournament PRIZES

1 A trip to Los Angeles and Las Vegas with $2000 in spending cash. Fly with Virgin upper class, Stay at a luxury hotel for four days in Hollywood, get a VIP-tour to Fox Studios and play poker at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas for 48 hours.
2-10 Samsung portable DVD-player and the poker movie Rounders on DVD.
11-100The PokerRoom.com Travel Kit including poker chips, deck of cards and dealer button. All in a compact little bag. :rollin Edit by GaF: Affiliate link removed - this is probably a "standard" deal - will get a PL one that offers the same :ok

Re: FX Poker Tourney Hedonist No, I emailed Pokerroom yesterday and told them I had downloaded the site through the link and had followed the instructions but didn't receive the two tickets into my account. I had a very nice email back from them today, apologising for the problem and assuring me the tickets were now showing in my account. So I log in to Pokerroom and behold..... two tickets to the FX tourny in my account. And I didn't make a deposit at all. Very good customer service by the site, very impressed.

Re: FX Poker Tourney Haven't played in the FX tourney but I am through to a 'Weekly Welcome' final at the weekend. They gave me 3 free tickets to 'welcome events', I qualified first time for the main final but be aware, the other games I gave up on because it's got to be the slowest poker site I've ever used. It averages about 2 minutes a game (averaged) - I know that's not bad in terms of live games but in this instance we're looking at over a minute when everyone folds before the flop. It wasn't just the players on one table either, it was generally slow. Having said that it might have improved, it may have been a problem that's been rectified - just be warned:unsure

Re: FX Poker Tourney Cheers mate, I'll check it out and if its too slow, I'll abandon it. Still looking for that dratted FX tourny though. They gave me 2 free entry tickets when I joined the other day, and I can't find the tourny. It says it runs everyday at 5pm, but I still can't see it!!!!! :wall :@ :sad

Re: FX Poker Tourney Hi V I have been onto live support who say there is a problem and they should be showing up under sit & go's but for some reason they aren't. They have apologised and are going to rectify the problem hopefully this afternoon. So if anyone else has an FX tourny ticket or two, then don't panic just yet!!!! I will contact them this afternoon and see what the state of play is.

Re: FX Poker Tourney

right.... Apparently the FX Tourny will only show up an hour before it starts, and they start at 5pm and 1am CET...... ...... what does that mean UK time please? Sorry for being dim....:$ :$
CET is central European time, which is what we operate on over here in Beertopia. We are 1 hour ahead of the UK so that should be 16:00 and 24:00 BST:zzz :zzz :zzz which is past my bedtime. (There isn't a CET in the US abbreviations)

Re: FX Poker Tourney

Ooops. :$ :$ :$ Thanks Milou. I'm definitely having a 'blond' day today, but believe me with my hairline (or lack of), I'm happy to be associated with any hair colour.;)
Milou:loon :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin I know they say people get to look like their pets but I don't know which one of us should be most offended:lol :lol :lol

Re: FX Poker Tourney Sorry - i should have mentioned the FX qualifiers are well hidden, it took me a while to find them when i signed up :wall They are under sit & go / real money / shorthanded if anybody is still struggling to find them. I can't wait to see where in their lobby they hide the final ????????? Good luck with qualifying - if you can dodge the all-in maniacs you should manage to get through on one of your free attempts :nana

Re: FX Poker Tourney Hi Wallg, thanks for this.... I eventually had to contact live support to help me track them down... then they only turn up in the lobby an hour before the tournament anyway, so at least I know now. I'm going to play in tonights tourny, as I ahve these 2 free entreis and they expire on the 22nd, so I'd better get a move on. See you at the tables tonight chaps? Cheers, Jar