Will Arsenal win?

Hedonist

These tournaments look interesting, they may become freerolls, I think the score of 3-2 for Liverpool is unlikely but possible but the Arsenal one looks good. It’s a big week for English football with not one, but two Cup Finals – the FA Cup Final and the Champions League Final. At 32Red Poker, we’re here the night before each Final to encourage you to cheer on the Reds every step of the way- even if you don't support Arsenal or Liverpool!

FA CUP POKER

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE POKER

Friday, 12th May, 9pm UK/10pm CET

Tuesday, 16th May, 9pm UK/10pm CET

Prize :$3,000 Guaranteed Prize Pool for each tournament!
Buy in: $5 + $0.50
Re-buys/Add-on: 3 $5 re-buys + 1 $5 add-on
The 32Red Factor......... If Liverpool beat West Ham 3-2 on Saturday, our FA Cup Poker will become a $3,000 Freeroll with all buy-ins refunded. Come on the Reds! Always patriotic, if Arsenal beat Barcelona on Wednesday night to be crowned European Champions, our Champions League Poker will also become a $3,000 Freeroll!

Re: Will Arsenal win?

i'd go for the liverpool one over the arsenal one purely on an odds basis. west ham are going to lose almost certainly. whereas barca will be a tough cookie
I'd have to say that cup finals (not always but often) become a coin toss dependent on factors not quite involving the football itself. one thing will be for certain, if the underdogs have a bad start it's unlikely to get any better for them (the exception being liverpool last year). The attitude of Liverpool fans, the press and most of the 'clever money' is that liverpool will win on Saturday, however, the preassure is on the favourites, West Ham have nothing to lose, and, as a cup final rather than a qualifier you have to win, that's what makes finals final. Without a doubt the support makes a difference, and the support from West Ham will actually be stronger and the desire from the players will be too. Expect a good game, and, in poker terms, the pot odds are slightly better for West Ham. If you look at previous finals(not just the FA cup), and the way the scoring has gone, you'll find that the half time/full time generaly comes out as winning/draw (how many times do we see penalties being played). Along similar lines Arsenal are the underdogs in Wednesday's match and having knocked out both Real Madrid and Juventus can't be considered easy meat (they have also gone through the compettition without conceding a goal). Now taking off my red coloured glasses (with white sleeves of course) I'd say that (bearing in mind the pot odds) that there is a good possibility of one of these results coming off (otherwise, everyone that does a score predictor in the premiership for 6 games would win every week). The problem with the FA cup score is it's an actual score and not just a win (that's got to give away how this match is being viewed by the bookies). The Arsenal attempt is being seen as a joke against the mighty Barca but in reality it will probably go to a 1-1 or 2-2 draw and end up being a penalty shoot out - who's got the cleanest sheet in Europe? and who would you back under those circumstances? I'd actually bet on one of either West Ham or Arsenal winning (and will do because the odds are favourable) but the fact the liverpool/West Ham game reqires a specific result can pretty much write off any added value to that tourney, where as the other on is a coin toss and a 50/50 chance on 3k added value is worth a shot. Am I talking too much?:D :D :D :D