New York Yankees @ Texas Rangers Rangers 2.33 (Mansion) 5 units NYY: RHP Mike Mussina (4-1, 2.31 ERA) TEX: RHP Vicente Padilla (3-1, 4.04 ERA) Couldn't pass up on these odds for Texas at home. Texas is among the best batting lineups in the American league and has played really convincingly lately after a slow start. They lead the AL west with a 17-12 record and have won 6 straight games and is 11-4 in last 15. They have also played against some tough teams in that stretch. Yankees just wrapped up their 2-game series victoriously against divisional opponent Tampa Bay, but basically the both games were blown by tampa's weak bullpen after they led in last innings. Now they will fly to Arlington, while Texas has had the luxury of playing home for a last couple of games. Texas' Nicaraguan starter Vicente Padilla is a solid pitcher and has been decent this season. He has a 3.63 ERA at home and has allowed just seven earned runs in his last three starts combined. New York's Mussina has been their best and most stable starter this season, but he is not unhittable. Last start he gave up 7 hits in 6 innings against Toronto, but limited the damage to only 1 run. Mussina has a record of 3-4 with a 4.24 ERA in 9 starts at Ameriquest Field. Texas is hitting well against Right handed pitchers with a record of 11-9, while Yankees have a 6-9 mark against right handed starters. I like Rangers chances for a home win here and playing it with medium stakes. San Fransisco Giants @ Philadelphia Phillies Phillies -1.5 2.74 (Pinnacle) 5 units SF: RHP Matt Cain (1-3, 5.28 ERA) PHI: RHP Gavin Floyd (2-2, 6.57 ERA) Phillies was a nightmare team for me early season. Half of my first 2 weeks losses were because of their poor start, but i am going to give them a new chance. They still are a very good team with solid batting lineup. Todays Phillies starter on the mound will be young talent Gavin Floyd, he has pretty high ERA due to a shaky start of the season. He has had 2 quality outings though, one being his last start where he limited Pirates to 1 run and gave up 6 hits in 6.2 innings of work. For San Fransisco Matt Cain will get the nod. He is also a young promise, but has also been quite shaky this season. He gave up 4 runs and 6 hits in 6 innings of work in his last start in a 2-8 loss to Arizona. Altough, i trust Floyd to throw a decent game, the pitchers are not the main reason for me to take this bet. It's pretty much the class difference between these teams. Philadelphia is at home, has a lot of batting power, won 5 straight games and looks to make a run in the NL East standings right now. San Fransisco is 1-4 in last 5 and is maybe the weakest team in NL West and they have a horrible bullpen also. Phillies have won 4 of last 5 by a margin of 2 or more runs. Going to take the runline as odds are good and worth a play imo.