** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Mlb 23/04

I fancy a bet to make watching tonight interesting, so i'll start the ball rolling. Boston Red Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays - Over 10.5 Runs @ 1.9 (Betfred) 3 out of the 5 games they've play each other in so far this year have been over 10.5 runs. Pitching for the Red Sox is Matt Clement, who hasn't got a good record against the Blue Jays. For Toronto is Justin Towers, who's had a poor start to the season.

Re: Mlb 23/04 Pittsburgh Pirates @ Houston astros Pirates 3.22 (Pinnacle) 4 units HOU: RHP Roy Oswalt 3-0, 2.76 ERA, WHIP 1.16 PIT: LHP Paul Maholm 0-2, 6.11 ERA, WHIP 1.70 Pirates odds gone up the whole day, so i'm fading the public for some value. 3.22 is good for pirates who have very good young pitcher, Maholm on the mound. Maholm was a player of the year in pirates minor league last year and had a couple of excellent appearences in majors also. He didn't start the season well, but looked really good in his last game limiting Cardinals to 2 runs in 6 innings. Astros starter Roy Oswalt is a very good pitcher, so it won't be easy for the Pirates. Still they swung the bats quite well in first game of the series and were really unlucky to lose that one by stranding bunch of guys on bases. Yesterday they were limited to only 2 hits. Pirates are trying to avoid a sweep against a divisional opponent and it is quite possible. Houston has been very good at home early in the season, but imo they have been overperforming. Their batting lineup is quite average and not really much better than the pirates one. Worth a shot with a small-medium stake. LA Angels @Oakland Athletics Oakland 2.03 (Pinnacle) 7 units LAA: RHP Kelvim Escobar 2-1, 3.71 ERA, WHIP 1.47 OAK: RHP Esteban Loaiza (0-2, 8.59 ERA, WHIP 2.11 Very good prize for A's at home. Odds on A's has also gone up a bit during the day. Both pitchers are quite good here. Esteban Loiza was bad in his first 2 starts the season, but was much better in his last one, giving up 3 runs and 6 hits in 6 innings of work against Detroit. Kelvim Escobar has been ok, but was also roughed quite badly in his game against Texas. This is a divisional matchup also, which have bigger home advantages than regular games. Oakland surely wants to take this series 2-1 in front of the home crowd to make up for the average performances in most games so far. Oaklands batting hasn't lived up to their potential in early season, but they do have power. Also Oaklands bullpen is full of depth, so relief pitching shouldn't be an issue for them. Clearly over 50% chance for the home team according to my estimations, making it a good value bet.

Re: Mlb 23/04 Detroit Tigers to beat Seattle Mariners @ 2.31 (Sportingodds) Am I missing something here? Detroit on a 4 game winning streak, Seattle on a 3 game losing streak (including 2 games between the 2 teams). Seattle start with Felix Hernandez, who has not pitched well so far.