Rio on the flat 06

Not the most inspiring start to the flat this year but with the Craven meeting next week things should start to pick up. Kempton 2.10 Dipping a toe in the water at the new aw track which seems to suit most types of runners so far & seems quite a fair track. Royal Alchemist seems to go well fresh but just lacks a finishing kick for me & looks a hard one to win with. Three Wrens is upped in class & this looks a bit too hard for her. Violet Park is another who looks to have a bit to find on form so far & might want soft ground. Bon Nuit has some decent form in the book & ought to go well on this surface, has to give all but one of these 3lb for a listed race win but should run well. The one that takes the eye is Quadrupa 30pts @ 7/2 hills. Track should suit & seems to go well fresh. Some decent form in the Fatherland including a good second in the group 2 German 1000 Guineas when Bon Nuit was well behind. Booking of Frankie looks good & this horse runs from the front so I'm hoping he'll ride a similar sort of race to the one he rode on Song Of Silence here in the Masaka when he made all & almost nicked the race from the front. Rio.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rio on the flat 06 Forgot to mention that I've already struck a bet this flat. Interesting piece in the Update this week from the Irish reporter regarding the Jim Bolger trained Heliostatic. This one worked well last Sunday & the 50/1 for the Derby was taken afterwards. Only ran twice last season & first time up was second beaten a length to the current ante-post Derby favourite Horatio Nelson. Took a Curragh maiden after that & was then put away for the winter. By the Derby winner Galileo he is the first foal from Affianced who won races over 7f at 2yo's & over 10f at 3yo's, so he should run well at middle distances. The 50's had gone but I've had 10pts @ 33/1 Paddy Power for the Derby. He runs today at Leopardstown in the Irish 2000 Trial & having just had a look he's around 2/1,9/4 but Paddy Power are going 11/4 & I've had 30pts @ those odds for today. :hope for a decent run. Rio.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.