Holiday weekend puzzle

slapdash

Re: Holiday weekend puzzle

Um, up to you ... No extra credit.
OK then. It's because both of player 2's possible flushes will win. A 4 card spade or diamond flush will win it for player 2. Player 3 also has a spade but it's lower so they can only win with a club flush. But player 1 also has a lower club, so they can only win with 1 flush, if 4 hearts appear. Player 1 is also very slightly ahead of player 3 because there are more hearts left in the deck than clubs. :unsure :unsure

Re: Holiday weekend puzzle Agree with player 2. 4 Hearts on the board player 1 wins 4 Diamonds player 2 wins 4 Clubs player 3 wins 4 Spades player 2 wins. PLayer 2 therefore has the diamonds AND spades on his side. DC

Can we have a harder one sir?:unsure
OK. I don't know the answer to this one. You're playing heads-up according to the following strange rules: Your opponent has to go all-in. You have to call, but after seeing your opponent's cards, you get to choose what your cards are. What would you most like your opponent to have? Edit: Assume you're playing just this one hand for money and you want to maximize your expected profit.

Re: Holiday weekend puzzle I'd guess something like Ad 8h and you change your cards to Ah Ac. This gives you a 93.62% chance of winning. You beat him on 3/4 flushes. Playing with other dominated hands to see if there is any difference in %'s Edit: Changing the 8h to 9h gives you a 94.081% chance of winning. Must something to with the straights that can be made.

I'd guess something like Ad 8h and you change your cards to Ah Ac. This gives you a 93.62% chance of winning. You beat him on 3/4 flushes. Playing with other dominated hands to see if there is any difference in %'s Edit: Changing the 8h to 9h gives you a 94.081% chance of winning. Must something to with the straights that can be made.
It's better having KK and giving them K2. Say KcKh and Ks2c gives you 94.16%.

yeah, it is slightly higher with Kings instead of Aces. Wonder why that is?
I think it's because of the possible flush and having to use a 9 with the A. If a 5 card flush comes then the 9 is likely to count, but the 2 won't and will give a split pot. Also the K has a sligher higher straight possiblity than the A, and the 2 has less straight possiblity than the 9.

Question 3: Same game as last time. Apart from pocket aces, what would you least like him to have? Don't know the answer to this one, and it'll take a lot more work to cheat this time.
OK, I'm currently cheating ... slowly. Should have the answer by tomorrow morning! In the meantime, if anybody wants to give it a try the honest way ...