Tennis: Davis Cup Quarter Finals 7th-9th April

Re: Tennis: Davis Cup Quarter Finals 7th-9th April Centrebet are the first to go up with prices on the Australia/Belarus game. Here's the order of play for that one: Chris Guccione (AUS) v Max Mirnyi (BLR) Lleyton Hewitt (AUS) v Vladimir Voltchkov (BLR) Wayne Arthurs / Paul Hanley (AUS) v Max Mirnyi (BLR) / Vladimir Voltchkov (BLR) Lleyton Hewitt (AUS) v Max Mirnyi (BLR) Chris Guccione (AUS) v Vladimir Voltchkov (BLR) They go 4.50 on Belarus. You know, if I can get over 5.00 then I might go for it:eek :eek. I can't wait for France/Russia, it's going to be awesome:clap :cow :nana

Re: Tennis: Davis Cup Quarter Finals 7th-9th April The tennis has been very bad to me this year. On Sports-Punter I am currently -242.85pts for tennis, but I plan on making it all back. It starts with the Davis Cup, where I plan to recoup at least 40pts and get back under -200pts for tennis. And it starts with Russia.....

SportTennis
EventDavis Cup Quarter Finals
SelectionRUSSIA v France
Strength10/10
Date09/04/2006
Bookmaker/PriceBetdaq @ 1.72 (Back)
ReasoningHere is the order of the matches: R1 - R.GASQUET (FRA) v M.SAFIN (RUS) R2 - A.CLEMENT (FRA) v N.DAVYDENKO (RUS) R3 - A.CLEMENT / M.LLODRA (FRA) v D.TURSUNOV / M.YOUZHNY (RUS) R4 - R.GASQUET (FRA) v N.DAVYDENKO (RUS) R5 - A.CLEMENT (FRA) v M.SAFIN (RUS) As you can see Grosjean is out which is a huge loss for the French and he's been replaced with Clement. The French have already made a huge mistake putting this on a hard court and they've got a lot of problems now. Safin v Gasquet is tough to call as both have been having problems but I think Safin showed some decent stuff in the USA and could play well. The most likely result after day 1 is 2-0 to the Russians and then it will be so so hard for the French. Even if it ends 1-1 and the French can take the doubles, I'd have to give the Russians a big edge in both of the rubbers on day 3. £206 available.

Re: Tennis: Davis Cup Quarter Finals 7th-9th April

Still hoping for the French to will the whole thing as I backed them early on. GB have to be opposed for me with Murray not fit to play on Friday. 2.2 for S&M on betfair is tempting.
Absolutely mate, I'll probably put up a tip on S&M later on tonight. If the French lose (which I think they will), you've been robbed. Surely they could have found a better surface to play on:unsure. Oh, earlier I still it's on a hard court, which is incorrect, it's carpet:ok

Absolutely mate, I'll probably put up a tip on S&M later on tonight.
I'm not going to go for it. Just too much of a guess as to how much part Murray can play. Even if he doesn't play there's a chance Rusedski could win 3 rubbers against a very young S&M side. Better off sticking to the individual rubbers I feel.

Re: Tennis: Davis Cup Quarter Finals 7th-9th April Well, I think my outright on Croatia might be ****ed:sad

SportTennis
EventDavis Cup Quarter Final
SelectionARGENTINA v Croatia
Strength10/10
Date09/04/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 2.62 (Back)
ReasoningI cannot believe I'm making this play, but all of the Croats are broken! Karlovic has already pulled out of the squad. Ljubicic is suffering from fatigue and has had stomich problems all week. Ancic hurt his back on Wednesday, and has a herniated disc. That takes at least 7 days to heel and he's very doubtful to play on Friday. Basically, it's a mess. The reserve players aren't in the same calibre and won't be able to cope with the Argentines. Even if the big guns can make the Friday matches, it will be tough for them to compete for 3 days, and by Sunday, they could be in awful shape. Now, the Argentines have Nalbandian and Calleri. Bandy has shown strong form lately and should be able to cope with this uber fast court. Calleri has shown good form this year, and whilst he isn't at his best on a quick surface, he is a shot maker and could produce a good performance. Reading the interviews the Argies look up for this, which isn't always the case when on this type of surface. I won't put up the match schedule, because it will probably change!

SportTennis
EventDavis Cup: Great Britain v S&M
SelectionRUSEDSKI 3-0 v Tipsarevic
Strength10/10
Date07/04/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 3.25 (Back)
ReasoningTaking a risk on Greg here as I don't think this should be avaialable at any more than 3.00. With Murray injured, Rusedski knows that he may need to win 3 rubbers to win the match - he'll struggle to do that playing 3 matches in 3 days so I expect him to be very focused for this and want to take care of business quickly. He hasn't shown any great form lately but he always seems able to get up for DC and has a great record at home on carpet. This is his favourite surface and he'll give Tipsarevic a lot of problems with his swinging lefty serve. Tipsarevic isn't in great form either and this will be really big time for him in this sort of atmosphere. The Scottish crowd were great at the Aberdeen Cup last year and I expect them to be really up for this, even with Murray not competing on the first day. Decent chance of a 3-0 in this one, and good odds to take the risk.

SportTennis
EventDavis Cup Quarter Finals
SelectionSAFIN v Gasquet
Strength10/10
Date07/04/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.80 (Back)
ReasoningBoth of these guys come in here with pretty dodgy form, but I have to side with Safin. The French have been really nice and decided to pick Safins favourite surface! I'm not sure how Gasquet will be able to cope with the weight of Safins game on this surface, as we know he likes to take big swings on both sides. Gasquet still hasn't served well all year, and I think Safin will take this great chance to put Russia 1-0 up.

Re: Tennis: Davis Cup Quarter Finals 7th-9th April At least he's going into a pretty tough 5 setter. If Ljubicic is as ill as it seems, it may play a solid part in the latter part of this tie. Well, here's hoping ;)

At least he's going into a pretty tough 5 setter. If Ljubicic is as ill as it seems, it may play a solid part in the latter part of this tie. Well, here's hoping ;)
Yeah that's what I'm hoping. Also Ancic out today, so have to be unsure about him being in the doubles:unsure.

Davis Cup Qtr final USA-CHIMen's Singles
23:43 GMTApril 7
Fin.J. Blake76648
F. Gonzalez607610
Unvelievable comeback from Gonzalez. He was a break down in the third as well:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy Some people messed up on Betfair:
Traded and Available
OddsTo backTo layTraded
£216,948
£40,371
£77,451
£136,169
£71,066
£27,754
£21,135
£15,147
1.09 £14,286
£22,802
£13,733
£12,342
1.13 £18,539
1.14 £69,706
1.15 £52,632
1.16 £40,156
£27,604
1.18 £13,844
1.19 £8,581
1.20 £30,766
The Chileans must fancy there chances after that, might be worth seeing how the Roddick/Massu match starts:tongue2 A great days tennis, Safin and Gonzalez tearing it up:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Just a note I'll almost certainly be on Djokovic and Gasquet tomorrow, so long as the price is not extremely prohibative. Possibly Nalbandian too, depending on price:ok Why hasn't anyone got prices up yet:wall :wall
...and I'm too late for all of them:sad Wouldn't have gone for Nalbandian, think Ljubicic should be favourite (just).

SportTennis
EventDavis Cup Quarter Final
SelectionGONZALEZ v Roddick
Strength10/10
Date09/04/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.50 (Back)
ReasoningLove the strategy from Chile here, dumping the doubles rubber and leaving it for the big dogs to get it done in the singles. Gonzalez made one of the best comebacks ever on Friday against Blake and I fancy him to be well pumped for this one. The concern is he may be tired from that but he had a rest yesterday and I'm willing to take the risk. He showed against Blake and moreso last year at Wimbledon that he can get it done on grass, his serve is very effective as he like to hit a big slice which works. You'd be scared of his forehand on any surface and his backhand has improved in the past couple of years. We all know Roddick is very good on grass, but we also all know how awful he has been so far this year. He's been getting a lot of wins this year purely on his reputation as he's been playing like a guy struggling to stay in the top 50; he won't intimidate Gonzalez, as we can see from the H2H Roddick is 3-2 but Gonzalez has got some good wins. On Friday Roddick struggled past Massu, and Gonzalez will cause his a lot more problems today. VAMOS GONZALEZ!