Golf : Madiera Open

Re: Golf : Madiera Open Must be mad,but here goes! Done John Bickerton at Paddy Power's 3/1(SJ go 15/8 & Skybet 9/4) for a top 10 finish.Played in this 12 times,and managed 4 top 6's,including 6th last year.Reasonable recent form.Tied 4th in weather affected Malaysian Open(3 rounds completed 66/68/66) & won Abama Open de Canarias 2005(Tenerife) late last year,so capable enough on his day,and has a liking for this course.Prob got this wrong!!!!

Re: Golf : Madiera Open Once again ive been looking at the side markets for a bit of value and to be honest there really isnt any. Paddy Power are doing Group Betting and this is where i'm going for my only bet on the tournament. GroupA consists of; N.Fasth, a bit hit and miss just lately, can be brilliant but the very reason he his here and not TPC shows his inconsistancy, 9/4 bad value. B.Dredge, shot a 60 here the year he won it but has been known to throw good positions away and cant be relied on. 5/2 again poor value. D.Lynn, been playing well all year, hardly misses a cut and has course form. 7/2 fair price S.Webster, been more consistant this year without really threatening to win, missed cut last time at this course. 5/1 not bad value. R.Derksen, Won this last year but has failed to play anywhere near that this season, 11/2 big price but cant be backed on current form. I make it Lynn or Webster and have gone for David Lynn at 7/2 because of his tremendous consistancy both this season and in this event.

Re: Golf : Madiera Open Pricewise Selections David Lynn, 2pts each-way 18-1 (general) Bradley Dredge, 2pts win 12-1 (general) John Bickerton, 1pt each-way 33-1 (general) Gary Orr, 0.5pt each-way 80-1 (general) The Sportsman has tipped Paul Lawrie

Re: Golf : Madiera Open

Must be mad' date='but here goes! Done John Bickerton at Paddy Power's 3/1(SJ go 15/8 & Skybet 9/4) for a top 10 finish.Played in this 12 times,and managed 4 top 6's,including 6th last year.Reasonable recent form.Tied 4th in weather affected Malaysian Open(3 rounds completed 66/68/66) & won Abama Open de Canarias 2005(Tenerife) late last year,so capable enough on his day,and has a liking for this course.Prob got this wrong!!!!
Agree looks a good bet and has a good record here !

Value for me lies down the field this week. Maybe Philip Price, Andrew Coltart or even Paul Lawrie.
Leaving Coltart out and replacing with David Park. All selections 1pt each way Philip Price 41 skybet Paul Lawrie 51 skybet David Park 81 skybet All players on their day are able to win this tournament. Bradley Dredge isn't a bad player but he aint worth backing here as the favourite. A wide open field for me with all the top players over in the US for the TPC at Sawgrass.

David, i agree Philip Price could be great value at 40's. I think you'll know your fate early on as he his usually up there from the off when he does any good. Best of Luck.
Yeah very true. Hopefully he can have a nice solid start and go on from there. His lack of action is a worry though, still on his day probably one of the best players in this field.:ok

SportGolf
EventMadeira
SelectionK Sullivan 1/4 , 1-5 (Each-Way)
Strength1/10
Date26/03/2006
Bookmaker/PriceCoral @ 81.00 (Back)
ReasoningHe won in Portugal in the challenge tour a few weeks ago, and led here after 3 rounds last year so is hopeful of being up there again challenging this year.
SportGolf
EventMadeira
SelectionA Coltart top 10
Strength3/10
Date26/03/2006
Bookmaker/PriceSkybet @ 7.50 (Back)
ReasoningHe has a likeing for this course with a 3rd in 97, 4th in 99, 8th in 03 & 7th last year. He has missed his last 3 cuts, but before that had top 30's in Qatar & Dubai.

Re: Golf : Madiera Open David Park is out of the running after Round 1 after shooting a 6 over 78 Price had the steady start that I wanted him too, 2 under 70. Paul Lawrie is level after 5, hope he can pick a few shots up. Jarmo Sandelin leads the way at -6 so its still fairly open.