• Boss Media
    • Party
    • Tain
    • OnGame
    • Absolute
    • iPoker
    • Cryptologic
    • PokerStars

Ok - following on from thecloud's thread - let see where PL'rs most enjoy playing...... Part 1 will be the network and a part 2 poll will be for the skins within the winning network....... If I miss your favourite, put it in the thread and I can add it......

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: What's your favourite site? Part 1 Ok - found a long list of B2B skins - but I've never heard of any of them!!!! I think it is quite a big network cos it has PokerTracker support ..... might investigate one of the skins over the next few days......

Re: What's your favourite site? Part 1 Stick me down for Europoker!! Part of the 'Ongame Network' I think?

• No disconnections :nana :nana :nana :nana
  • Good graphics :ok
  • Excellent extended chat box that also displays the cards you were dealt. (This is extremely useful for me as my sieve memory goes blank as soon as I've folded)
  • Full of people trying to give me money - poker heaven!!! :dude

Re: What's your favourite site? Part 1

Playtech is Betfred....... B2B .....erm......one sec......
I thought Betfred (and Playgate, Titan, CDPoker, etc) are part of the iPoker network??? :unsure Oh, and my favourite network is most definitely Cryptologic for the following reasons: 1) The software is correct (unlike Prima for example which does not know about a dead button and therefore players can miss blinds). 2) Software is very easy to use. 3) Everything is easy to see unlike some where the writing is so small that it is easy to miss things. 4) In my opinion (unlike most reviews I have read) I think it has the best (most skillful) poker... maybe because of reason 5 below. And my favourite site is Betfair for all the above reasons plus: 1) Of the Cryptologic sites it has the biggest writing - again helps to alleviate mis-reading. 2) The decor is simple, nothing flash and no avatars to clutter up the place. 3) You can deposit and, more importantly, withdraw from and back to a debit card... and minimum deposit is only £5. 4) The cashier section shows total deposits and withdrawals as well as having a comprehensive and easy to follow statement of transactions. 5) Very few americans or scandanavians. When Betfair move away from Cryptologic I sincerely hope they don't lose all of these things. Now, Betfair, do I get my free £50 :ok :D

I thought Betfred (and Playgate' date=' Titan, CDPoker, etc) are part of the iPoker network??? :unsure[/quote'] You're right (much as it pains me to say it ;)) It is the iPoker Network and Playtech Software...... Will change it........

Re: What's your favourite site? Part 1 I do hate to pick holes with you, pro... 1. I've played over 100,000 hands on Prima sites. Never, not even once have I ever got away with missing a blind. 2. The software should be easy to use on every site to anyone with an IQ of 50 - they don't market soley to genius players like ourselves 3. Prima also allowstransactions to and from debit cards 4. Whats wrong with playing americans exactly? 5. IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE SMALL WRITING - GET YOUR EYES CHECKED ;)

Re: What's your favourite site? Part 1 My favorite site from a playability point of view is Betfair - reason I really like betfair is because of the clarity of their accounting - it allows me to see what MTTs I entered when and what the result was much better than any other site I know about (although I think P4E may be close). Now whether this advantage is down to Cryptologic or a betfair special I don't know.

I do hate to pick holes with you, pro... 1. I've played over 100,000 hands on Prima sites. Never, not even once have I ever got away with missing a blind. 2. The software should be easy to use on every site to anyone with an IQ of 50 - they don't market soley to genius players like ourselves 3. Prima also allowstransactions to and from debit cards 4. Whats wrong with playing americans exactly? 5. IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE SMALL WRITING - GET YOUR EYES CHECKED ;)
Wow - you sure do have a bee in your bonnet! If you ever decide to look up he rules of poker, you will know that no player is allowed to miss blinds. On prima, if a player gets knocked out and the button should be at that seat next, the software skips that seat and moves it to the next seat, hence players missing blinds. And if you haven't missed a blind in 100,000 hands, then I guess you've just been unlucky. With regards to use of software, it is MY opinion that cryptologic is the easiest to use. On Boss Media, for example, they put the bet button in a crap place, right next to the amount box, and if you try to select the amount in the box to change it and accidentally move over the bet button, it bets the minimum amount. And finally, not ALL Prima sites allow debit card withdrawals. You obviously like Prima. That's fine by me, you're entitled to your opinion. And this is an opinion poll, so, simply put your opinion in and stop giving me hassle!

Wow - you sure do have a bee in your bonnet! If you ever decide to look up he rules of poker, you will know that no player is allowed to miss blinds. On prima, if a player gets knocked out and the button should be at that seat next, the software skips that seat and moves it to the next seat, hence players missing blinds. And if you haven't missed a blind ni 100,000 hands, then I guess you've just been unlucky. With regards to use of software, it is MY opinion that cryptologic id the easiest to use. On Boss Media, for example, they put the bet button in a crap place, right next to the amount box, and if you try to select the amount in the box to change it and accidentally move over the bet button, it bets the minimum amount. And finally, not ALL Prima sites allow debit card withdrawals. You obviously like Prima. That's fine by me, you're entitled to your opinion. And this is an opinion poll, so, simply put your opinion in and stop giving me hassle!
If I ever decide to look up the rules of poker .... I'm sorry if you think I was hassling you, but I was just pointing out that some of your arguments were slightly, errr...flawed. Obviously every one "misses" blinds. I do it all the time. What I was trying (and failing ,obviously) to point out. Is that when it has been missed at Prima, then no advantage is gained by this as players are automatically posting blinds (and deads) to get back in the game. Therefore no advantage is gained and their software IS correct. As fo the rest of it..You sure do have a bee in YOUR bonnet:D

Obviously every one "misses" blinds. I do it all the time. What I was trying (and failing ,obviously) to point out. Is that when it has been missed at Prima, then no advantage is gained by this as players are automatically posting blinds (and deads) to get back in the game. Therefore no advantage is gained and their software IS correct.
Go and read the rules! No one... NO ONE is allowed to miss blinds. There is such a thing as a dead button which you obviously don't understand. And Prima don't understand that either. THE SOFTWARE IS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heheheehehehe... You are a very angry boy..ok, so heres what we'll do. I'll go and play a quick few hands at betfair and see what happens when I miss the blind. Fair enough?
FFS - you can't miss a blind. You obviously don't understand what a dead button is. It is not a concious decision by you to miss a blind, it is the software not working properly. GO FIND SOME POKER RULES, READ UP ON DEAD BUTTON AND POSTING BLINDS.

Re: What's your favourite site? Part 1 Ok so I may be having a blonde moment.... But when you say " noone is allowed to miss the blinds", I can't understand why betfair just let me and then made me post a blind AND a dead? Maybe they haven't read the rules of poker too? Perhaps you could point out the page where I've missed it?

seriously..I'm not trying to wind you up..I just don't get it
Obviously! I assume (maybe wrongly) that you are on about sitting out a hand as the blinds get to you. That is not what I am on about and is not a dead button! Ok, calm down! Deep breath! Explanation... for one last time. If a player who is on the SB goes out, the button should move to that seat even though no one is sitting there. This is known as a dead button. The player who was on the BB will be the SB and the next player will be the BB. Another example... The SB and BB both go out on the same hand. The button moves to where the SB sat, the new SB is now an empty seat and therefore only a BB is posted. This is also a dead button, as will be the next hand too. PRIMA DO NOT DO THAT. THEY MOVE THE BUTTON A COUPLE OF PLACES AND A PLAYER CAN MISS A BB AND MAYBE EVEN AN SB, THEREFORE POSTING NO BLINDS AT ALL FOR ONE ROUND. If you've ever played a tourney on cryptologic, you will know that they do it right. On a number of occasions I have posted a BB when there has been no SB, everyone else has folded and the dealer message says "xxx wins 0 chips" NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND??? It is NOT a concious decision by you to sit out a couple of hands.

Re: What's your favourite site? Part 1 ahhh Now I get you - just in case you were wondering pro, I am usually a cash game player and in cash games, what I have written goes across the board. I was not trying to be obnoxious. I am, therefore, quite aware of what the blind and dead are, and thankfully, will not be feeling the need to gen up with any poker rules reading tonight. :lol:lol:lol Now go and take a valium and stop shouting at me!

Re: What's your favourite site? Part 1 12 hours has gone by just about, and now, in a calm way, I can tell you that you still don't understand because you still talk about "posting a dead". I showed this thread to a poker player friend and the first thing he said to me whilst reading it was "what does it mean by posting a dead?" There is no such thing! You can only post Big Blinds and Small Blinds, and Ante's if they are used. A Dead Button is a Dead Button... and that's it; you don't post it! Not even in cash games. Maybe I should confuse you even more by saying that in 7-card stud they don't have blinds, but something called a "bring-in", where the lowest card showing posts the Bring-in. So, here you could be unlucky and post the Bring-in on a number of consecutive occasions, but on the other hand you could go a whole game without ever posting it. Now, let's leave the rules of poker for another thread and get back to the poll. My opinions still stand!