Cricket: 3rd Test India v England

Surprised we've had no interest in this yet:unsure

SportCricket
Event3rd Test: India v England
SelectionLAY INDIA (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date22/03/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.25 (Lay)
ReasoningEngland look to be in a great position after 3 days. Currently 152 runs ahead with 8 second innings wickets left. Thus far England have shown some really good batting and that should be able to put them into a strong enough position not to lose this. Only Strauss and Bell have gone and we saw in the first innings that Shah, Pieterson, Flintoff and Collingwood are all in decent form. Nightwatchmen Udal is in and I think he'll be able to frustrate the Indians early on. With him in now out batting looks pretty long, with Flintoff at 6 and Jones at 7. Also Anderson looked pretty handy in the first innings scoring 15 off 39 balls. Our bowling has also looked strong so far, with Hoggy and Anderson (wasn't that run out class!) tearing it up and if the pitch deteriorates then we've got two spinners, and especially in Panesar, one who looks like causing India problems. I can see England definately scoring 220 in the second innings, which should give a lead of 350 which will be too much for the Indians.

Re: Cricket: 3rd Test India v England

SportCricket
Event3rd Test: India v England
SelectionEngland 2nd Innings OVER 209.5 runs
Strength10/10
Date22/03/2006
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 1.83 (Back)
ReasoningI've already mentioned that I think England have a lot of batting left. We've got Shah and Udal in with Pieterson, Collingwood, Flintoff and Jones recognised batsmen still to come and a lot of those look in decent nick. Currently 31 for 2 it's only another 179 runs needed and I think that's a decent challenge. If we score 210 that would put us 331 ahead so I don't think there's much chance of a declaration before this number. Also simply think this is a low number. As a comparison, with the same prices, Ladbrokes go 215.5 runs and Bet365 go 224.5 so this is the one to take at 209.5 runs.

watched the Game today.. hm.. Anderson looked good there.. I hope England will score 220 and more tomorrow.. Hm... When will the game start on day 4 ?
:welcome to PL Chris. Yeah mate I hope they score 220:D. I think it starts about 4am UK time:unsure.

:welcome to PL Chris. Yeah mate I hope they score 220:D. I think it starts about 4am UK time:unsure.
Ok thx.. backed them @ 2,62 earlier.. so i hope the score this number or more :clap .. Oh 4 am UK ... that's really bad.. will be around 5 am my time (Austria) .. puh.. i think i will get up early tomorrow and watch it again.. !

Re: Cricket: 3rd Test India v England I think they are too worried about losing the game trying to bat India out of the game first. Perhaps he has got that much faith in his bowlers to get the job done in a day. Although im on the draw as i can just see the game fizzling out into stalemate. Now get back to work gilly

Re: Cricket: 3rd Test India v England I was shocked with the way England batted today, for me it looks like a draw now. Doubt we'll have enough time to bowl them out. If I had to pick one side to win then India have to be tempting with some fireworks due from messers Sehwag and Tendulkar before too long.

Re: Cricket: 3rd Test India v England It's the 1st test all over again, a target that if they want to they can have a tilt at but given the situation of the series I'm sure preserving their wickets will be the key, particularly with one of their bigger hitters already out. We've got a pretty new ball to have a go at them with and we'll have another 20 or so overs from the end so there's a chance we can get them but Jaffer and Dravid will be the key men.

Re: Cricket: 3rd Test India v England Tendulkars got a back problem aswell, he will still bat in the 2nd innings though.Some pressure from the England bowlers early on should bring some good results.The wicket has changed and seems to have some un-even bounce and the 295 score set for them is very interesting,they might try and go after it but if it goes wrong for India have they enough wickets left and can they stifle there nerves?Dravid will be the key wicket.

Re: Cricket: 3rd Test India v England I have decided to back England at 2.56 on betfair. More for interest when I listen tomorrow, but the more I think about it the more I believe we can take 9 tomorrow. Anderson troubled them in the 1st innings and if he can sort it out tomorrow he may get some reverse swing and get into them. Hoggard is aways a threat, and with some support from the spinners on the pitch on day 5 it is possible

Re: Cricket: 3rd Test India v England Freddie knew what he was doing all along as bumble has said about 500 times he used to be a junior chess champion when he was young. I think that al proves the faith that england have in there bowling attack that they fancied they could bowl India out in a day and actually managed it in Half a day. Don't mind losing my little bet on the draw to see england draw the series 1 -1

Freddie knew what he was doing all along as bumble has said about 500 times he used to be a junior chess champion when he was young. I think that al proves the faith that england have in there bowling attack that they fancied they could bowl India out in a day and actually managed it in Half a day. Don't mind losing my little bet on the draw to see england draw the series 1 -1
Yep, Fred's captained us excellently in this series. It's good to know that we've got adequate backup in the captaincy for when Vaughan is out (which could be a long time:( ) Also nice to see a Hampshire boy spins us to victory :clap :clap

Re: Cricket: 3rd Test India v England Outstanding effort today. Couldn't see us getting the wickets before play started but to be fair the lads bowled like gods today. At last we've found our spin king, shame hes in his late 30's now!! This win for me eclipses anything achieved in the summer against the Aussies, written off before and coming from 1-0 down to level the series in India is a fantastic effort. Can't wait for the summer as I have plenty of tickets already for ODI's and tests.