ATP/WTA Miami

Re: ATP/WTA Miami

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventWhat will Ljubicic's first serve percentage be?
SelectionUnder 69.5
Strength10/10
Date02/04/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Unibet @ 1.72 (Back)
Reasoning69.5 seems to be very high line here.Ljubicic in his previous matches never had first serve percentage over 69.5.He will be hitting very strong first serve and that's always a risk.And against Federer he must be doing this.It will be also a much harder task for him to keep high percentage as it is 5 set match not 3.It's worth a shot I guess. :)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP/WTA Miami How odd you spotted that one, Randall. It's the one that took my attention. I have looked into it a bit: In his last 17 matches, Ljubicic has had a first serve percentage of over 69.5% in 2 matches, both of them 2 set matches. He is 0-5 under 69.5% in his last 5 three or more set matches. He hasn't had a percentage above this in this tournament so far. His average first serve percentage for the season is 62%. In his last 6 meetings with Federer, he is 1-5 under this percentage. The only exception was Indian Wells the other week, when he served 74%, but this was a short two set match (19 games). So I think it looks promising, but the form I'm in, I wouldn't be too confident. Nice to see someone spotting the same bizarre markets as me!

Re: ATP/WTA Miami Going further back to late 2005, you can add another 17 matches to the under 69.5 first serve list. From Paris Masters last year to last week at Indian Wells, Ljubicic has twice got over 69.5% first serve in his last 34 matches. That is quite conclusive, stats-wise. That statistic includes Paris, Master's Cup, Aussie Open, Chennai, Doha, Marseille and Indian Wells, in fact all the tournaments Ljubicic has played since October 2005.

Re: ATP/WTA Miami 55% in the end. Did well to get back to that, he was down at 46% at one point. Ridiculous odds from Unibet. Fair play to them for offering such an unusual market. Ljubicic had only got a better percentage than that in 2 of his previous 37 ATP matches, so don't know where they got the 69.5% from. Suspect it had something to do with the 74% he served v Federer at Indian Wells. That was such a short match, though, and totally unreflective of what the true percentage should have been. Somewhere around 58-60% I would think, from the figures I collated. Well done Randall on a inspired pick. Just glad I got on it myself, too!