ATP/WTA Miami

Re: ATP/WTA Miami 50pts : R Federer to win Miami Masters (1.60 @ Betfair) To be honest, I think this is an absolutely cracking bet as he's just about the only constant in tennis these days given the sort of shock results we get inundated with ever so often. Quite simply, there isn't anyone left in the field who can seriously threaten Federer here so it's quite obviously very much a tourny for him to lose - something which I just can't see happening within the realms of realistic possibility.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP/WTA Miami Ed, i would like to follow you on your Tursunov double, but you got me a litlle confused. In the headline, you write Tursenov-Blake double, but further down, you write "Seriously, I think Andreev is a cracking bet at 2/3 considering he has beaten Tursunov twice this year(both on hard courts) and holds a career 3-0 h2h lead over his compatriot " that sounds to me that you praise Andreev. Maybe it just me, but we are going for Tursunov right?? :loon

Re: ATP/WTA Miami Well I've decided to go for it:

Event Greul v Henman - Miami
Selection Greul
Strength 10/10
Date 27/03/2006
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 4.10 (Back)
Reasoning I've had a good month this month in my search for value and this is a good one. Henman has beaten two fantastic players in Hewitt and Safin in this tournament so far, but he does have the habit of capitulating to lesser opponents after such players. Greul is a qualifier but has beaten two higher-ranked players to get this far.

Re: ATP/WTA Miami Fair point Col, surely there will be a point in the match where Greul will be less than 4.10. Good back and lay proposition. I try to stay away from Henman usually, when I back him he is crap and when I lay him he pulls it out of the bag.

Re: ATP/WTA Miami

SportTennis
EventAndreev vs Tursunov
SelectionOver 23.5 Games
Strength10/10
Date27/03/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 1.80 (Back)
ReasoningRussian encounter here. Andreev and Turusnov already played three matches and Igor Andreev won all three. More, all three were in last five month, and all three went to a third set. This season Andreev played only on hard, but had no major results losing to names like Starace, Hrbaty, Blake, Ljubicic. Andreev has overall record for this year 12-8. In Indian Wells Andreev played good defeating today's opponent 6-7(2) 6-1 6-2, Robin Soderling and Andy Roddick also in three sets. Finally, in quarterfinals he lost to runner-up James Blake 1-6 4-6. Here in Miami Andreev won against Bastl 6-4 6-4 making only two breaks during the game, not convincing in my oppinion. On the other side, Tursunov isn't a world class player, but he is in a good form and this court suits him well as he is a big server. Tursunov has 11-8 for this year. Well, at the begining of the season he wasn't playing good like now he does. But, last week he won a Sunrise Challenger defeating Luczak, Kim, Karlovic, Alberto Martin...all of them are very good players. Still, Tursunov won against Capdeville 6-2 6-1 and Ferrero 6-3 7-6. H2H is on Andreev's side as I said, but I don't believe that Andreev can win again against the same player. Also, all games went to a three sets and looking to Tursunov's style of play I don't see any reason against Over 23.5 Total Games. P.S. Unibet and Gamebookers have the same offer @ 1.80.

Re: ATP/WTA Miami Sport Tennis Event Henman vs Greul Selection Greul to win Strength 10/10 Date 27/03/2006 Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 4.10 (Back) Reasoning Big value here. Yes, Tim Henman won Marat Safin 6-3 6-3 and he won against Lleyton Hewitt 7-6 6-3, but he doesn't looks any better than earlier this year. He has a habit of losing to much lower ranked players after winnings against the big ones. Match against Safin was very strange. It started after the midnight and Marat was very nervious during the whole game which isn't strange for him. After Henman took 4-3 lead Safin broke his racket and it was clear that Henman will take this easily. Also, match against Hewit... It isn't very hard to win against Hewitt these days. His serve is just poor having less than 45% of the first serve, and still Henman struggled a lot in the first set. On the other hand, Simon Greal comes from qualifiaction round where he already took my money against Ricardo Mello. Greaul has wins this year against Srichaphan, Hrabty, Pashanski, Schuettler, Karlovic, Phau, Vicente, Fish, Vik and Henman isn't better than these guys. Also, Greaul made a great perfromace here beating solid Hrbaty in two and defeating Srichaphan who is in a very good form, 5-7 6-2 7-5. Greaul has nothing to lose here, all he can gain is another victory against very big tennis name, and I believe he will. At least, he has much better chances than the odds are showing. Once again, big value. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventHuber/Navratilova - Benesova/Strycova
SelectionBenesova/Strycova
Strength10/10
Date27/03/2006
Bookmaker/PriceBetandWin @ 3.10 (Back)
ReasoningI just can't understand why BAW has such big odds for the underdog here.For me it should be something around 2.10 - 2.30.First thing.It seems that Benesova and Strycova at least have found good partner to play in doubles.They played good tournament at IW where they losed in SF to Raymond/Stosur who won IW.Yesterday they easilly won against Dushevina/Peer.It seems that they are flying high at the moment.Huber/Navratilova are great double players or should I say were great?Navratilova should end her carrer long time ago but she sometimes plays in doubles.They didn't seem to be playing well with each other.Previous tournaments in Doha and Dubai they ended in 1stounds losing to not so good double pairs.I would say just an average ones.Here they've won in 3 set match against Petrova/Schnyder.I believe that Benesova/Strycova form is better at the moment and I give them big chances to win this one.Just too good odds to skip.

SportTennis
EventBlake vs Nieminen
SelectionBlake to win
Strength10/10
Date27/03/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.39 (Back)
ReasoningThis should be a very good game to watch. Blake is having another typical American season on hard. Which means that he is playing great, taking every match very seriously in order to improve his tennis. Finally, in first round he won against Argentinian Berlocq 6-0 6-0, and Berlocq won in first round David Young 6-0 6-0. Still, Blake is 19-5 win/loss record this season having wins at Las Vegas and Sydney Open and being a runner-up in Indian Wells last week. For sure he will try to win this one. On the other hand, Nieminen is also good player, but his performance against veteran player Mark Philippoussis was pretty unconvincing. Nieminen made a good perfomance in Indian Wells as he reached quarter finals defeating names like Mayer, KOhlschreiber, Safin but he lost to Paradorn Srichaphan. Blake is playing in front of his audience, he finally reached Top 10 last week, and I believe he will take this match more easy than expected. Also, h2h is in James's favour: 2003 Long Island QF Hard (O) J.BLAKE 6-4 2-6 3-6
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

SportTennis
EventGrosjean vs Ferrer
SelectionGrosjean to win
Strength10/10
Date27/03/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.60 (Back)
ReasoningGrosjean is 10-5 this season and in pretty good form. Today, he should have no problems beating David Ferrer. Grosjean started this season with losts against Moya and El-Aynaoui, but he improved a lot at Australian Open. Finally, he reached quarterfinals losing to Nicolas Kiefer in five. After AO he played only in Marseille and lost in semifinal against Mario Ancic in three. Previously, he won against Mofils, Youzhny and Korolev. In Indian Wells Grosjean did great again. But, he had no luck at all as he faced up against Nadal in third round and lost, of course. Before this match he won against very solid Vliegen and Xavier Mallise. He has a very good draw here, and if he wants to do something than he musn't have any problem defeating David Ferrer who is typical claycourter. Ferrer is 7-7 this year. He has no better results in last two months. In fact, he has only one win against Ivo Minar in Rotterdam. In second round he went off by Rochus Olivier. After this tournament he played in Doha and Indian Wells but lost both in first round to Schuettler and Kohlschreiber. In second round of Miami Nasdaq Open Ferrer won Montanes 6-1 6-1, but this is a relfection of Montanes's poor play on hard. All in all, Grosjean has much better results recently, and is better hardcourter overall, full stake on his win.
:hope

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventDamm/Stepanek - Roddick/Ginepri
SelectionDamm/Stepanek
Strength10/10
Date27/03/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 1.57 (Back)
ReasoningRoddick/Ginepri are awfull double players.They are losing almost everything when they are playing double game.They are in crappy form in single game so why should they be awesome when playing doubles.They've won in first round but that was against even worse pair.Damm/Stepanek on the other hand really knows how to play in doubles.They've already played with each other this year and they won Marseille tournament.In previous round they won against pretty good pair Cermak/Friedl.I rate their chances better here as Roddick/Ginepri seems like they don't have any idea how to play in doubles.they will count mainly on their serve.Nothing more.

Ed, i would like to follow you on your Tursunov double, but you got me a litlle confused. In the headline, you write Tursenov-Blake double, but further down, you write "Seriously, I think Andreev is a cracking bet at 2/3 considering he has beaten Tursunov twice this year(both on hard courts) and holds a career 3-0 h2h lead over his compatriot " that sounds to me that you praise Andreev. Maybe it just me, but we are going for Tursunov right?? :loon
Excuse the typo, Rumlesen. I'm with Andreev - hope the info didn't mislead you... :tongue2 The match is starting now.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventGabashvili - Starace
SelectionStarace
Strength10/10
Date28/03/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 1.45 (Back)
ReasoningNapoli challenger.It's only second tournament for Gabashvilli this year.He played in Barletta previous week and he losed in second round.I can't say anything about his form really but he is mostly challenger player.Starace on the other side is Italian player and he takes Napoli challenger always serious.Last year he made it to the final where he losed to Gasquet in tought 3 set match.Two years earlier he made it to the semi-final.Maybe he isn't in great form but he likes this tournament and he will make his best to play as good as he can.Gabashvili isn't great player so Starace shouldn't have many problems with him.

Re: ATP/WTA Miami 40pts Davydenko-Kiefer-Ljubicic (2.65 @ Ladbrokes) Not a good day by any stretch of the imagination yesterday, but I see no reason for that to deter me from staking another bet for today's matches(in case anyone's wondering, my staking plan mirrors my confidence level for a particular bet more than it being any act of desperation :) ). Davydenko should really prove too much for Ancic as his patient, consistent approach has proved highly effective in wearing down many an opponent. Although the h2h between the pair stands at 2-2, it must be Davydenko has won the last 2(admittedly on clay and carpet) and Ancic hasn't beaten the Russian since 2002. Honestly, I just can't see the Croat wearing Davydenko down. Ljubicic beating C Rochus should also be straightforward - Rochus, very much like his brother, has a knack of playing an effective all-round game to wear down his opponents. However, unlike his previous opponents, I feel Ljubicic is clearly a notch above anyone he has played in this tourny so far and definitely far more consistent as well. He should beat the dimunitive Belgian on the fast, hard courts of Miami. Lastly, Kiefer has got to be the bet of the day in terms of value IMO. Calleri may have done well to beat Moya, but it doesn't take away the fact Kiefer's still been the more consistent of the duo over the last couple of months and ultimately, the German will still remain in control of the match. Cheers & Good Luck! Starting Bank : 100.00pts Current Bank : 40.00pts Profit/Loss : -60.00pts

Re: ATP/WTA Miami :notworthy

SportTennis
EventO. Rochus vs Ferrer
SelectionOlivier Rochus to win
Strength10/10
Date28/03/2006
Bookmaker/PriceEurobet @ 1.50 (Back)
ReasoningOk. Ferrer won against Sebas Grosjean yesterday but he didn't deserved it. Grosjean was leading 4-1 in the second set and finally was a geinus to ruin it. Still, Grosjean had a chance to recover in third set, but he just was a "talent" to ruin win like that. For me, Ferrer is not the best player on hard and I will continue betting against him. On the other hand, Olivier Rochus is in a great form. He won yesterday against very good Coria. But, latelly Olivier Rochus is even better. He was amongst the players who took a set against great Roger Federer. Still, they had two matches on hard and Olivier took both easily. 2004 French Open 128 Clay (O) D.FERRER 1-6 1-6 3-6 2006 Auckland QF Hard (O) O.ROCHUS 6-2 6-0 2006 Rotterdam 16 Hard (I) O.ROCHUS 6-4 6-4

Unlucky ed, that was pretty crap from Davydenko:sad (Glad I'm not playing this week:\ :\ )
I suppose, but it happens every year in Miami - and with Russians in particular! :wall Ah..shall wait for the claycourt season then. Here's hoping Federer nicking the title will still round off a profittable week somewhat... :hope

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventCipolla - Starace
SelectionStarace
Strength10/10
Date30/03/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 1.35 (Back)
ReasoningOne more time I'm on Starace.He is playing poor Italian player Cipolla.Cipolla is in crappy form now.He should already be out of the tournament after game against Verkerk but Verkerk got injured and he retired.Starace is taking very seriously this tournament and he will make his best to win it.Players like Cipolla shouldn't be a problem for him.H2H 1:0 for Starace.

SportTennis
EventStarace vs Cipolla
SelectionStarace to win
Strength10/10
Date30/03/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 1.35 (Back)
ReasoningGreat hope of Italian tennis Potito Starace is back to his best form. Two days ago Potitio won against solid Gabashvili in two easy sets. On the other hand, Cipolla won over Verkerk, in fact Verkerk retired to him. Verkerk didn't play tennis in last ten month, had two shoulder's injury and still managed to take a set, everything is saying to Starace's favour. Starace has 4-6 this season, winning against names like Navaro-Pastor, Monaco, Chela and Igor Andreev. All in all, Starace is one class above than Cipolla. He should have no problems beating mediocre challenger player like Cipolla. Also, first match they played Starace won in two easy sets: 2005 Genoa Challenger FR Clay (O) P.STARACE 6-3 7-6

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventKuznetsova - Sharapova
SelectionKuznetsova
Strength10/10
Date01/04/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.81 (Back)
ReasoningI'm on Kuznetsova here.It's a final game and I don't believe that odds for Kuznetsova win should be so high.She played amazing game yesterday against Mauresmo and she seems to be in really good form.Sharapova on the other hand had some problems against Kirilenko and Golovin and she had to play two 3 set matches.After watching both of them I'm giving Kuznetsova a small advantage because she simply looks better for me here in Miami.It will be for sure a tought game and Sharapova will fight like hell but this price looks just too good for me.