Midnight Express at 11pm GMT :P

GaF

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Midnight Express at 11pm GMT :P Throughly enjoyed that.. .apart from the crap GaF was playing. Must do it again... but with a little more notice - was already playing so didn't see it. GaF - how do you manage to win everything playing cards like that??? FIX comes to mind. :tongue2

Re: Midnight Express at 11pm GMT :P

more notice please!
These are quite spontaneous - so is difficult to give much notice. However, am thinking for the next "quiet" evening of a one evening Heads Up tourney - Private HU tables are 25c (I think) - combining league and knockout format (so everyone gets a minimum number of games) - should be fun - obviously I'll try and give as much notice as pos (and will have to as I'll need to sort it out first!!) :ok

I've only got money in me Sportin Odds.:cry Shame there are no private tables on their.:@ I take it the bandit known as Gaf won again.:loon
Got all my money in against the gaffer whist ahead, but he hit lucky and outdrew me :P I bubbled

You don't like my style? ;)
Only joking GaF. But, seriously, is that how you normally play? If so, can't understand how you win so much. I usually play a very tight game (just like I did in this game) and I get nowhere in mtt's. You said t'other day I need to think about to changing my game... to loose and aggressive?

Got all my money in against the gaffer whist ahead' date=' but he hit lucky and outdrew me :P I bubbled[/quote'] He got lucky against most of us. :spank Want to know my theory? No? Ok then, I won't say anything. :rollin

I've only got money in me Sportin Odds.:cry Shame there are no private tables on their.:@ I take it the bandit known as Gaf won again.:loon
Get yourself onto Bet365. You can deposit and withdraw easily using a debit card, and minimum deposit is only £5. And there are no withdrawal fees. Join us, it was a great laugh... over an hour's enjoyment for only $5.50. :ok

Re: Midnight Express at 11pm GMT :P That was a great way to end a birthday. Ok, so I didn't play the 1st game, only the 2nd, which started 40 mins after the end of my birthday, but as far as I was concerned it was still the same evening... and a nice profit to the evening - a fistful of dollars on Betfair and then a few dollars more on Bet365. :rollin

Only joking GaF. But, seriously, is that how you normally play? If so, can't understand how you win so much. I usually play a very tight game (just like I did in this game) and I get nowhere in mtt's. You said t'other day I need to think about to changing my game... to loose and aggressive?
If you want to know how I usually play (when winning a tourney :loon) - you can watch me winning last weeks Super Sunday at SO on Sky Channel 844 from 8pm tonight :ok Did I take last nights game seriously? No, not really - it was a "fun" game - I didn't want to beat people with AA - I wanted to beat them with 72o!!! :loon Ok not quite, but I was definitely looser and less patient than normal....... I don't consider TAG to be a bad strategy - and wouldn't recommend LAG as better ...... the point I was really trying to make before was the need to adjust your play according to the table and your opponents - not to say "I will rigidly play with strategy X" (whether it be TAG, LAG or whatever). Rigid TAG is a good strategy for new players, however, as your game evolves you need to learn to "mix it up" as the situation requires.... I say this constructively, to try and help your game, not as a criticism. The impression I had of your game last night was that you were quite weak and could be pushed off hands by an aggressor. I was more prepared to take you on with little than I was some other players - you were waiting for the nuts!!!! And finally - an extremely belated ..... "Happy Birthday"