Betfair City AM Freerolls - LEADERBOARD starting tonight!!

GaF

Re: Betfair City AM Freerolls - LEADERBOARD starting tonight!! Its finally here :nana :nana :drums :drums :cow :cow Congratulations on making the Betfair Poker City A.M live final. You now have an amazing opportunity to go on and win a $15,000 package to the World Series of Poker in Las Vegas. In addition to the WSOP package, the final will also have a £3,000 prize pool to be distributed from second place down.

That’s a $20,000+ prize pool for free with numbers limited to just 50 players!

Final Leaderboard can be found at the link below:

http://www.betfairpromo.com/pokerleaderboards/CityAM.pdf

We can now formally announce that the eagerly awaited Grand Final will be played at the City Bunker, a new trendy golf/poker haunt in the heart of the CanaryWharf on Thursday 25th May.

The itinerary for the evening is as follows:

6.30pm: Arrival of players, Canapés served and bar open

6.50pm: Welcome by Ben Fried, Head of Betfair Poker and Martin Muncaster, Head of Commercial at City A.M

7.00pm: Tournament Director to explain rules and structure, play commences.

9.00pm: Break.

9.15pm: Play commences.

11.15pm: Final presentation by Betfair and City A.M.

Also on offer:

• FREE use of the golf simulators on the night

• FREE advice from PGA golf Instructors on the night

• Sit and Gos

• Canapes

• Drinks tab courtesy of Betfair

More details of the grand final including Terms and Conditions can be found at http://www2.betfairpoker.com/microsites/cityam/grandfinal.html

City Bunker Directions:

http://www.citybunker.co.uk/cb_map.pdf

If you would like to attend the evening please reply to this address to confirm your attendance. Additionally you may bring a guest free of charge to accompany you on this exciting occasion. Please let me know if you will be taking up this option and the guests name. The cut off for confirmation is 17th May

In order to gain entry to the City Bunker (a private Members Club) you will need to fill out the attached form and email it back to me. Failure to do so will unfortunately mean that you will be unable to enter the premises. This ruling also applies to your guest so please make sure that you get these back in good time.

If you have any meal requirements could you also please let me know when you rsvp.

If you would like to stay in the City on the evening of the event, there is a hotel list attached.

Additionally if you choose to drive there is parking available, please let me know if you do require this facility and provide your car registration number.

Congratulations once again on your qualification to the Betfair Poker City A.M, I look forward to hearing from you.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Betfair City AM Freerolls - LEADERBOARD starting tonight!! Yes Heniek i got it too with the attachments :cow But i still have two doubts: 1) Are travel expenses repaid by them or do we have to pay it all? 2) I talked with Mick about the dress code and he said there was not any but smart casual. Now this club looks a "rich" one, can i go there with jeans, normal shoes and a shirt??

Re: Betfair City AM Freerolls - LEADERBOARD starting tonight!! I also tried to contact Kate Wright but she already had left the building...and my english was not good enough to understand what her secretary was saying to me lol :lol I am italian and i understand the US guys pretty well but man...english persons talk so quick :(

Re: Betfair City AM Freerolls - LEADERBOARD starting tonight!! Hotel rates for within 10 minutes of City Bunker

Four Seasons Hotel

46 Westferry Circus, CanaryWharf, London, E14 8RS

020 7510-1999

Standard rate = £330

Marriott Hotel

22 Hertsmere Rd
, CanaryWharf, London, E14 4ED

020 7093 1000

Standard rate = £134

Britannia International Hotel

Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SJ

020 7712 0100

£81 inc. VAT + breakfast

Ibis London Docklands

1, Baffin way,
Preston Road, London, E14 9PE

020 7517 1100 £60

Standard rate = £58.95

Re: Betfair City AM Freerolls - LEADERBOARD starting tonight!! Any questions that you have e-mail Kate Wright - she will get back to you in a very short space of time and is a thoroughly nice person to deal with. Nothing is too much trouble and she doesn't mind "daft" questions, if she is in the office (she works regular hours) then her reply will be pretty quick. :ok

Re: Betfair City AM Freerolls - LEADERBOARD starting tonight!! Flights are pretty expensive for me but I'm still going to try and make it. I can get flights out for dirt cheap (ryanair for 99p) but it seems most of London is heading for Belfast and Dublin on the friday with flights around £100. Its a pity it couldn't have been held on the Wednesday, that way I could have saved a packet. Hopefully but doubt that Betfair will chip in with some travelling costs.

Re: Betfair City AM Freerolls - LEADERBOARD starting tonight!!

Flights are pretty expensive for me but I'm still going to try and make it. I can get flights out for dirt cheap (ryanair for 99p) but it seems most of London is heading for Belfast and Dublin on the friday with flights around £100. Its a pity it couldn't have been held on the Wednesday, that way I could have saved a packet. Hopefully but doubt that Betfair will chip in with some travelling costs.
Ovalman - IF betfair aren't paying for travel I'll be driving down from N.Staffs. I'll be happy to give you a lift back to Birmingham or even Stoke and you could then try to sort a return from Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, or any of the others such as Coventry, East Midlands, Luton etc.

Marriott Hotel

22 Hertsmere Rd
, CanaryWharf, London, E14 4ED

020 7093 1000

Standard rate = £134

if you happen to stay overnight there, dont't forget to try the famous dish on the menu: les Spurs de prematch

Ovalman - IF betfair aren't paying for travel I'll be driving down from N.Staffs. I'll be happy to give you a lift back to Birmingham or even Stoke and you could then try to sort a return from Liverpool' date=' Manchester, Birmingham, or any of the others such as Coventry, East Midlands, Luton etc.[/quote'] Thanks for the offer V, I can now get flights for £65 but I can't book until tomorrow. I'm hoping my wife will go but I need to sort a few things out. Would there be room for one extra if needed? I just phone ibis and they quoted me a rate of £79. I asked was there a special rate for betfair and they said no - although to be fair, he couldn't understand my Belfast accent :D

Re: Betfair City AM Freerolls - LEADERBOARD starting tonight!! I've been sitting here thinking about why they want you to fill in a form to enter this golf club when it could be done like the MKOP last week. Name and details on the door to get in. I hope they don't expect us to join this club and pay a subscription. I could be wrong but I'm a bit suspicious.

Re: Betfair City AM Freerolls - LEADERBOARD starting tonight!! I've qualified but as of yet not received the email. I have to still to confirm i can get the time off work as i'm on a afternoon shift. If i can is anyone driving down the A1 to London ? If so can i thumb a left (more than willing to pay my way)

hi ive qaulifed to any ideas on the prize pool travelling from nr midlands as well
Congratulations on making the Betfair Poker City A.M live final. You now have an amazing opportunity to go on and win a $15,000 package to the World Series of Poker in Las Vegas. In addition to the WSOP package, the final will also have a £3,000 prize pool to be distributed from second place down. 50 to 1 chance of a seat at the big one sounds pretty good to me:nana

I've been sitting here thinking about why they want you to fill in a form to enter this golf club when it could be done like the MKOP last week. Name and details on the door to get in. I hope they don't expect us to join this club and pay a subscription. I could be wrong but I'm a bit suspicious.
Please can someone take more info about this matter?? I wouldn't like to travel over to London just to find out that i have to pay a ridiculous subscription to the club to play the tournament :@