I can program with BetFair API - just need a decent system.

k-f

Re: I can program with BetFair API - just need a decent system. Yep, that sort of thing is very easy to do. Haven't looked into it yet, but I reckon if there's liquidity in those markets, other people will already be doing that exact thing on a LARGE scale, which will most likely mean my small scale operation will be pipped at the post... I'll deffo look into it though - thanks! :D

Re: I can program with BetFair API - just need a decent system. The liquidity in the Intraday Markets only kicks-in when one of the selections start getting down to Odds of about 1.15. Note these markets can 'close' upto 30 minutes before the finish o'clock, particularly if there is a very big movement earlier in the hour. Plenty of money about.;)

• 1 month later...

Re: I can program with BetFair API - just need a decent system. Not sure it there's still interest in this, but what I am looking for is a bot that could track ALL, for example, correct scores markets for soccer on Betfair and trigger bets when a pre-defined targets are met regarding odds. So ideally this would run on my computer 24/7 and place bets whenever it finds odds that are good enough according to my defined targets. I would love this kind of software and have been looking for bots, but the bots that exist today don't look very useful for me, but I might have been looking the wrong direction.

Re: I can program with BetFair API - just need a decent system. Lardonio What you describe is technically not very difficult to make. Keep looking around, i think there are a couple of commercial applications available that should be able to do what you want. I've heard good things about this one : http://www.bettingprofitsoftware.com/ but haven't looked at it myself yet. Alternatively you could try an add in one of those sites for free-lance programmers. There are quite a few around that have done free-lance programming work for Betfair. You could get lucky. goodfren Most bookmakers and even exchanges these days publish their odds using XML feeds. I'm using these on my site to compare odds for soccer favourites. Basically you could time this down to seconds. The reason the odds-comparison sites are showing delays is resource management. Some markets hardy change over time so there is no reason to check those odds every few seconds, waste of resources. Another reason is that the odds-comparison sites scan just about every market at every bookmaker there is and that simply takes time. If you want something fast you'll need to subscribe to a professional service like betbrain or tip-ex have. Alternatively you could have your own software made. These days with the XML feeds being available the programming involved is fairly straight forward. It all depends what you are after. In general I think the subject of having a bot is under-estimated by most people. The general idea being "What if i had a bot that .... " is basically a great idea but the catch is in the details. First you need a "system" i.e. a definition of what you want the bot to do that is waterproof, foolproof, idiotproof and last but not least timeproof. So many things can happen in any period of time that you have to define actions for each possible situation and make sure the bot will respond accurately to each situation. A simply example would be that you place a Back bet and then you let the bot place a Lay bet as soon as the odds go down far enough. Sounds easy and it is. But what if you lose your internet connection before the Lay bet is placed ? It only has to happen once and that one time could wipe out the profit built up over months. How should the bot cope with this ? ( after you regain control over your internet connection obviously ) People often forget, or simply don't think about, these possible scenarios and then a bot can turn into a timebomb just waiting to wipe out your bank. Second there is the level of programming involved. Sure you can have a program as the above example that does nothing more than it should. But what if at the moment you try to place the Lay bet you get an error from the server saying "busy please wait" ? A straight simply program will report an error and shutdown, potentially leaving you exposed. A "good" program will catch the error and retry placing the Lay bet until it succeeds (or until it fails completely) That is a level of programming often found only with professional programmers. And i'm not talking about some of the free-lancers out there that are available for 5£ per hour. Professional i mean the ones you need to pay 100£ an hour for. So by all means look into getting a bot, but be carefull. If you want something that exposes you greatly then monitor yourself so you can catch unforseen circumstances yourself. If you want something that runs unattended then make sure you manage your risk by limiting your possible exposure. Just in case !

Re: I can program with BetFair API - just need a decent system. I tried to get a customised bot written, but there were so many "coders" that were time wasters i'm not sure it's worth the hastle. Lardonio - not sure if you've seen gruss' software. Supposedly you should be able to monitor x topics and transfer the results into excel. You can then place bets to betfair from excel once the odds are what you need. The trigger is just a formula you can put in. Not sure if this only works on XP though. goodfern - no idea about the software, but you may get more info at arbforum.co.uk There are quite a few software applications and services that trawl through bookies and exchanges looking for overrounds etc. Just be careful of the "palpable errors". If it is arbing you are thinking of - i recommend reading the forum in detail. It is not risk free.

Re: I can program with BetFair API - just need a decent system. I haven't seen "Gruss" software no. I'll try looking for it, but from what you describe it sounds interesting, although not fully automated? I'd like to take away completely the mundane work of placing bets. I guess what I'm basically looking for is the kind of web tool you use for buying and selling shares. To explain further I'd like to set instructions like this: If league is Serie A and average home odds >1,8 then place 30£ at 1-0 if odds above 11, 40£ at 2-0 if odds above 15 etc. I'm looking for value bets, not arbs, so I think the pitfalls from backing/laying with bots are minimized.

Re: I can program with BetFair API - just need a decent system.

May i know where to get this xml feeds or how to create it? I would like to learn it.
XML is simply a standard that describes how to put information in a container. The idea is that if people use the same standard then you don't need to know about the structure of the container to exchange information. It is not something you create, you read it. Just do a search for XML tutorial and you'll find plenty of documentation. Different companies have different policies regarding if and how you can use there XML feeds. Basically you need to ask them as i don't know if all the ones i have are available to the general public. The one from Pinnacle is listed on the home page so that one you could start with to have a look into how it works. Note there is a bit of a buzz going around on the net about RSS newsfeeds. Many of the main sites, BBC for example, now publish news information using RSS. Those are basically XML files.