World Baseball Classic

Re: World Baseball Classic Great stuff Stevie:clap :clap I followed you on South Africa +9.5 tonight @ WillHill.......

1. Listed Pitchers : All baseball betting is offered on the basis of both listed pitchers starting the game. Both pitchers must start the game and throw at least one pitch for bets to have 'Action'. If either pitcher fails to start the game for any reason, the bet will be deemed to have 'No Action' (i.e. Void) and the stakes will be returned.
  2. Side Betting : If a game is 'Called', or suspended, winners and losers for betting are official after at least 5 innings of play unless the home team is leading after 41/2 innings. If a game is 'Called', or suspended, the winner is determined by the score after the last full inning (unless the home team scores to tie, or takes the lead in the bottom half of the inning, in which case the winner is determined by the score at the time the game is called.) Stakes will be refunded if the home team ties the game and it is then suspended.
  3. Total & Runline Betting : When betting on total runs (over / under) or run lines, the game must go to 9 innings (8 1/2 if the home team is ahead) to have action.
  4. All games must start on the scheduled date for bets to have action. If a game has been postponed or cancelled before its due start time, all bets are deemed No Action.
  5. We reserve the right to suspend any or all betting on a game at any time without notice. (This may happen for example if a key player is not in the starting line-up for any reason).

html>

Is there any chance of a void?:unsure :unsure

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: World Baseball Classic Shame you followed me tonight Mr I, it was an absolute hammering. As for a void? Im not sure, I doubt it because it was called after 5 innings.Also hills are currently not naming starting pitchers or offering over/unders, but at least they are offering money lines and handicaps. Im struggling to find any on baseball elsewhere for this tournaments individual games so I say well done to Hills! They will even let me punt on baseball in the local shop, just a phone call to verify their internet odds and its sorted. So once again well done William Hill. As for the second round- its going to get crazy i think.Some mouth watering prospects. Heres to continued profit:hope at the baseball

Re: World Baseball Classic Aus V Dom just started. Australia have left there MLB players out of this one and are giving all the Australian kids a game in the team, any price you can on DR is free money here, cant even see Aussies getting a run :(

Re: World Baseball Classic Ha ha. You just cant tell in this tournament matt. Im really enjoying it though, and its great that after many of the players not being that bothered , that it has turned into such a superb and competitive event. Mainly I feel because the lower nations have done such a good job in having a real go.

Re: World Baseball Classic Benn fantastic Steve, will certainly become a bigger thing in time as well, its a real appetiser for the season though. :) Hopefully one day will see an English or British team over there. :clap

Re: World Baseball Classic Couldnt agree more Steve. Pitch counts rise from 65 to 80 here as well so we will see a lot of Johan Santana tonight, he will be eager for a good perforamce as well as he wasnt at his best agaisnt Venezuela. Cuba have performed well but will never in thier lives have played a team this good and that pitch this well. Other game I bet in tonight I think you have to back the Domincan Republic agaisnt Puerto Rico, similar to Cuba, Puerta will not have faced a side this good and the price id too good to turn down as all the strong sides will want to get off to a solid start tonight. Still not convinced on the DR pitching, but with Colon on the mound, we should have enough tonight. Venezuela/Dominicana double for me @ 2.05 Willhill. ;)

Re: World Baseball Classic Matt, as for the PR - dR game, Im playing the over 10.5 runs at pinnacle sports at 1.95. The dominican are capable of hitting 10.5 on their own and PR seem to also pack a punch. I have certain concerns over both teams pitching, so i will be playing over 10.5

Re: World Baseball Classic Any reason why I shouldn't back Korea to beat Mexico tonight? They won all their games in the 1st group stage (including Japan), and I'm not quite sure why Mexico should be as big favourites as they are.

Re: World Baseball Classic Hi Gaz, I would not want to back Korea myself. It was a big upset that the Koreans beat Japan. The problems for all the Asian sides is that they lack power, so they have to manufacture runs playing small ball. Im no saying its out of the realms of possiblity, but if they win it will have to be a very low scoring encounter. I cant see them scoring more than 2 or 3 (watch as they get 10!) Mexico have solid pitching and have shown they can hit for power and manufacture runs, so I think they will win.Also, the korean pitching staff is no great shakes, with some pitchers that have had their problems in the majors.

Re: World Baseball Classic They do matt, but they arent finishing. Earlier innings, bases loaded none out and managed to cock it up. and a shocking pitching change.The lad concedes 5 in an innings and ends with an era of 62.00 not bad!!! oh dear a shocking performance

Re: World Baseball Classic you are right matt. I can see a tied group era thing happening and 6-0 will not help them. But who knows. Im going to ruin all my betting credibility in one evening now. im tipping Japan to beat the USA at 4.0 I think the extended pitch count will help the Japanese and their small ball game might force some relaxed fielders to make mistakes. REMEMBER - if those goes wrong, remember what i was- not what ive become:rollin

Re: World Baseball Classic Apologies to anyone on my bet. Venezuela were awful, lost 7-2. They need to make a few changes to the lineup as well for the next game, we sit here in a high scoring tournament with 2 games agaisnt weak opposition and Ordonez, Guillen, Abreu, Martinez are all batting below .220 :eek :eek Guillen an absolutely pathetic .083 Though I wouldnt drop Abreu still :unsure