SO Chat Ban - Fair?

Jaded

As some of you know from the other day, SO have permanently banned me from chat. This is because I've 'advertised' other sites on there, apparently. I certainly can't recollect doing this and they haven't been able to give me any details - strangely, the ban was put in place the first time I played after complaining about being disconnected and unable to reconnect in a tourney last week. Just me, or strange coincidence?! E-mails to and from SO below... Trying to say hello to another player in tonight's Super Sunday tournament, I was given the message "You have been permanently banned from chat1" I would be grateful for a complete explanation of why I have been banned ASAP. As I am about to mention on a popular forum I am a frequent poster on, the only reason which springs to mind seems to be victimisation of me just because I had the temerity to complain to you about your continued software problems 6 days ago. Yours sincerely, JadedJ (Sent 3 days and 3 hours ago.) ****************************************** Dear Sir, Thank you for your email. I can confirm that you have been suspended from the chat facility due to fact you were found to be advertising. This could include your own products, our competitors promotions, or any other general touting of company names. We are regretful that we have had to take this action but the chat facility is solely for the use of exchanging pleasantries and perhaps encouragement. Any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us again. Kind Regards Harry Customer Care Team SportingOdds.com (Sent 2 days and 9 hours ago) ************************************************** I would appreciate a full list of company names or competitor promotions which I have been advertising, as I can recall no such incidents. Thank you, JadedJ (Sent 2 days and 3 hours ago.)

Re: SO Chat Ban - Fair? I was wondering about PL, actually, but decided even SO couldn't be THAT moronic. (Okay, what the hell am I saying?!) I assume they have also chat banned EVERYONE who speaks Hungarian, as they're breaking the rules. :@

Re: SO Chat Ban - Fair?

No reply to your last mail?
Nothing. If I've mentioned 365 or something and they want to ban me for it, fair enough (assuming they also ban everyone speaking a foreign language, which is also against their rules.) But as you say, GaF?, the ban without any chat logs/etc to say what I've supposedly done seems harsh, especially coming straight after I complained about the problems last week. Ideally, I'd be able to talk to someone on live help to get it sorted out... but ideally, I'd be going out with Keira Knightley, and I know which I'd rather bet on happening!) :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Re: SO Chat Ban - Fair? Right!! Mr S.O rep Get your shit together and start producing results here or else I PERSONALLY will start a campaign against your SHIT site and YOUR SHIT policys. I have had enough of your crap and now its time to take action against you guys as you constantly forget that we have ACTUALLY tried to help your site by naming and shameing abusers of it. Your automated responces and bullshit answers will not keep us happy anymore - I have personally emptied my account tonight and will from now on be advising everybody else to do the same.. We have tried to help you guys clean up your act but you constantly ignore us despite of our numbers and the possibility of benefiting from the fact that we have our heads together here and we WATCH EVERYTHING. SPORTING ODDS have become the biggest fcuking joke we have ever had and Chat Banning one member who has never ACTUALLY done anything against your site is a complete load of BOLLOX. Long may your site stick with its shit policys - You have potentially lost any business we could give!!!!!!!!! Stick your site up your ARSE!!!!! Feel free to respond because I WILL have a big argument to take you on with................

Right!! Mr S.O rep Get your shit together and start producing results here or else I PERSONALLY will start a campaign against your SHIT site and YOUR SHIT policys. I have had enough of your crap and now its time to take action against you guys as you constantly forget that we have ACTUALLY tried to help your site by naming and shameing abusers of it. Your automated responces and bullshit answers will not keep us happy anymore - I have personally emptied my account tonight and will from now on be advising everybody else to do the same.. We have tried to help you guys clean up your act but you constantly ignore us despite of our numbers and the possibility of benefiting from the fact that we have our heads together here and we WATCH EVERYTHING. SPORTING ODDS have become the biggest fcuking joke we have ever had and Chat Banning one member who has never ACTUALLY done anything against your site is a complete load of BOLLOX. Long may your site stick with its shit policys - You have potentially lost any business we could give!!!!!!!!! Stick your site up your ARSE!!!!! Feel free to respond because I WILL have a big argument to take you on with................
Frisky...You really sent that? :unsure

Re: SO Chat Ban - Fair? Sounds a most unfair ban - I certainly can't remember any blatent advertising from Jaded or any other PL'r. Except of course for the occasional mention of where to find PuntersLounge, which I can't believe SO are silly enough to complain about as we (as a group) are one of SO biggest supporters (and fairest critics). It was Punters Lounge that first sent me to SO and I'm sure the same is true for many others. Come on SO, show the evidence (if only to Jaded) or reverse the ban!!!! If its for "advertising" PuntersLounge (a non-profit benevolent association :lol ) then I suspect virtually all of us should be silenced!!! And be warned we make a good friend, but a bad enemy - grrrrr.

Perhaps Frisky is in the red numbers on SO ??? ;o)
Maybe so, but I don't think his fury is completely unjustified, ugly. I have nagged PLers to help me to get Sporting odds to listen. I have had fantastic support, only for it to be completely ignored.

so1k9qw.jpg They just canceled 1k freerolls for good :puke . Thats how they look after players who play regularly :moon.
Bollocks :@ ................... i haven't been playing cash games on sporting odds for a month or so ......................... then chose this week to play the raked hands for the freeroll :wall .......................... i guess there isn't much incentive for me to play cash games there now :sad

As good as the tourneys they're running for us are, in every other way, SO = Complete joke. And STILL no response as to what I said to get banned!
If you had been mentioning other competing sites and taking custom away from them i could see the point in banning your chat .............................but not telling you what you have been banned for saying, is taking the piss.

Re: SO Chat Ban - Fair? maybe time to think about switching pl league to another site . im sure the thought of loseing 60 odd regular punters may make them sit up and take notice,and no doubt another site would be more than happy to pick up 60 regular punters(even if it costs them a bit on prize fund plus running cost). just a idea ,but usually these sorts of large companys only respond if it looks like there gonna lose your trade,that times 60 should wake them up a bit.:spank

I had a go at one of their dudes on the phone and mentioned your case too. Give them a ring (dudes sugestion).
Cheers Heniek ................... but I hadn't quite played enough hands to enter it this week - i was just going to get the remaining 50 or so hands today, before it started .................... then noticed it wasn't listed :cry ................. what really pissed me off was that last night every big pot i was involved in i got outdrawn (no matter how small the chance my opponent had :cry ).......................it was one of those nights :( ................... so i ended up making a loss qualifying for a competition that doesn't exist :lol :lol :lol ..........................nevermind, i'm off to ladbrokes to get the last 100 hands i need for my re-load bonus :D

Still no reply Jaded ? Just noticed this thread and must say this bothers me! ubermonkey1, about other sites to play the PL league on... any suggestions ? not Prima Poker skins I take it... ladbrokes ?
PeeGee - I've already suggested Betfred because they seem to have similar tourneys to the DU as well as other MTT's with guaranteed prize funds. Don't know if anyone has looked into it yet. My view is that we should abandon SO asap... even if it does mean losing the prize money they plan to give us for March. I would prefer not to use Prima sites... way too many players on there.

Cheers Heniek ................... but I hadn't quite played enough hands to enter it this week - i was just going to get the remaining 50 or so hands today' date=' before it started .................... then noticed it wasn't listed :cry ................. what really pissed me off was that last night every big pot i was involved in i got outdrawn (no matter how small the chance my opponent had :cry ).......................it was one of those nights :( ................... so i ended up making a loss qualifying for a competition that doesn't exist :lol :lol :lol ..........................nevermind, i'm off to ladbrokes to get the last 100 hands i need for my re-load bonus :D[/quote'] :lol Sorry LBB, I was talking to Jade. Give em a ring Jade.