Poker Software...Anyone use any ?

jeffster

Have any PLers used any Poker software to help improve their game ? I am specifically thinking of the products available from "Wilson Software" ( http://www.wilsonsoftware.com) , but reviews / recommendations of other software also welcome... Just wondered if it was worth spending out on a program or two for a (hoped for) financial gain in the long run. Cheers, Jeff

Re: Poker Software...Anyone use any ? I've never heard of the software you mention (and unless someone else has, would urge extreme caution). The market leaders for software aids are Poker Tracker and Poker Office. I have never used Poker Office but do use Poker Tracker. I find it invaluable for information over the long run on my game and in the short run on my opponents game. It is (IMO) only of value in cash games, and not in tourneys. Both Poker Tracker and poker Office have demo versions with full functionality for 1000 and 500 hands respectively. Try the free trial and see what you think. I also have Poker-Spy - this is a lot more simplistic than PT and PO - but does have its place and use - if you aren't a "number cruncher", then you may find this more friendly (though I believe of less use than a poker tracker that you have learnt to use) Calculatem is the mainstream and "popular" choice, but in comparison to the other 3, it's benefit, IMO is extremely limited. It takes no record of your opponent and is just a calculator with an autoread. (a free calculater without autoread is Pokerstove :ok)

Re: Poker Software...Anyone use any ? These are PC games, completely different from Poker Tracker etc. They alow you to set uo the player types game types etc and then rate your play, give stats, suggest plays etc. They are big in the States and used by the likes of Caro and Sklansky to play out sitiuations. You can download demo's to try them. They don't do much for me, I think you'd get better experience for entering some $5/$10 MTT's. But give them a try.