The Muppet Hands - Part II

robilaruk

My thoughts on Jadedj Play from here http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25142 If I had been awebberfan on the button I would have raised, so i think he lost an opportunity first of all - one limper and with KQs worth a raise as he has position for the rest of the hand even if called - and he wants the BB to call with the short stack, he wants to isolate and pick up 1200 chips. interesting raise from the SB given the two limpers and the BB shortie however, sometimes we need to make those plays - not sure I would have done it with K9 but each to their own - I would be looking for KQ AK AQ or a mid/high PP at least to make that move, also you are only raising 500 more so its not too difficult a call for either of the limpers and you will be out of position all the way thru the game - better to make it a 5 or 6X BB raise if you are going to raise at all - you really want to finish this hand straight away. And again I don't understan AWF calling, if you have been playing loose and he has been paying attention now is the time for him to reraise and have your chips, he must be thinking that if you are raiing fairly often you can't be getting good hands ALL the time, this would be a perfect situation for a reraise. Flop - nice flop for you, you hit your K and bet it - and a nice pot size bet defines your position, and it is not looking to healthy now as you get a caller - would you call with a flush draw (say A9d for 20% of your stack) , or a low pp (55 ETC?) so assuming he isn't chasing a flush draw what could he have? AK, Kx, a set? there are no str draws out there, so he must fancy his hand here. Again I think this is poor play by AWF - he should have raised you, he has top pair with (probably) top kicker (AK does him and would your raise with K8 or K2 from the SB?, probably not, 88 is a possibility but you want action with that and your pot bet discourages that), so if he does put you on a K he is (probably) way ahead he doesn't want you drawing to a flush, or hitting your miracle card to hit a set (maybe he has you on 10 10 etc) - I can't see the reason to slow play here - so bad play by him again IMHO. Turn - well no scary flush card so if he is chasing then you might as well shove as there is 5200 in the pot right now, and you can't imagine the 2 has helped him significantly (A2s maybe?) - and I can't blame him for calling either - maybe HIS intention in calling the flop was to shove the turn if no flush card hit - so not bad play either way - except we still don't know what he has! if we assume he wasn't calling for a flush and did have a K you are WAY behind to AK KQ KJ and K10 - so by betting like you did you have created your own monster :). could you bet a different amount rather than a shove, say half your stack? well half ur stack is another 1800, so I don't think you can, i think your shove if you are going to bet is correct and you can't let him have a free card if he is flushing. So you turn your cards over and you are gutted and he is pleased, as you have only 11 outs (4XA 2XK and 2X2 for a split, or 3X9 to win) and a lovely 9 hits:ok - you are now pleased and he is gutted! Interesting I think, and just the sort of hand that makes or breaks your tounry - I think AWF played his hand worse than you PF (no raise or reraise) and flop, (no reraise) - and just a bit loose (for me) to raise OOP for only 21/2 BB to a couple of limpers with K9s. Just my thoughts - would be interested in hearing others Damo :cheers

** Game ID 698633597 starting - 2006-02-24 22:16:18 ** Poker Night Live:Table 25 [Multi Table Hold 'em] (200.00|400.00 No Limit - MTT) Real Money - tigrou59 sitting in seat 1 with $8450.00 - Awebberfan sitting in seat 2 with $9075.00 [Dealer] - JadedJ sitting in seat 3 with $6245.00 [sitting out] - xxxStevexxx sitting in seat 4 with $900.00 - Balroguk sitting in seat 5 with $3830.00 - spiersey1 sitting in seat 6 with $2250.00 - Skipper-dawn sitting in seat 7 with $1795.00 - Ricky40 sitting in seat 8 with $5580.00 JadedJ posted the small blind - $100.00 xxxStevexxx posted the big blind - $200.00 ** Dealing card to JadedJ: King of Clubs, 9 of Clubs Balroguk folded spiersey1 folded Skipper-dawn folded Ricky40 folded tigrou59 called - $200.00 Awebberfan called - $200.00 JadedJ raised - $700.00 xxxStevexxx folded tigrou59 folded Awebberfan called - $700.00 ** Dealing the flop: King of Diamonds, 2 of Diamonds, 8 of Clubs JadedJ bet - $1800.00 Awebberfan called - $1800.00 ** Dealing the turn: 2 of Spades JadedJ went all-in - $3845.00 Awebberfan called - $3845.00 Awebberfan shows: Queen of Spades, King of Spades ** Dealing the river: 9 of Spades JadedJ wins $13090.00 from the main pot End of game 698633597

Re: The Muppet Hands - Part II Nice post Damo :ok I think Awebberfan played this extremely badly ....... "fold equity" is huge, which is why aggression pays dividends so often in poker ..... Awf has just flat called throughout ........... Personally I would probably have folded the KQ pre flop given the 3.5x BB raise before me (depending on my opinion of Jaded) - the only other play I would have considered would have been a significant raise (to 2100). But for me, should have been a fold with KQs. :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.